Can't mentor a player on a Spanish B team

Hi, 

This was the case last year as well as this one. 

You can't directly set a player on a Spanish first team to mentor a player on the B team. 

The option doesn't exist. 

You can test this out by starting a game with a Spanish top flight team. Go to the reserves/B team page, pick a player under 23 and look for the 'Find a Mentor' button. 

It doesn't exist. 

Instead you have to promote the player, set the mentoring, then demote them again. 

Thanks 

Ah... This will be part of the "Please make B teams more like Reserves" thing. I was hoping they'd just take that on as a project and overhaul the entire second team / B team concept and add in all the things that Reservere teams get that B teams don't, but they want it reported individually. So far we have:

• No messages when you offer out a player (reported here)
  • B team players always being off season for training (reported here)
  • And now this one.

There was a bunch of other stuff I found last year, but haven't checked to see if they still happen this year, because I'm not playing in a league with a B team at the moment. 

Hope they fix all of these (or just get rid of the B team concept and make it Reserves in every league). 

Edited by StephenCronin

On 27/11/2020 at 21:33, StephenCronin said:

Ah... This will be part of the "Please make B teams more like Reserves" thing. I was hoping they'd just take that on as a project and overhaul the entire second team / B team concept and add in all the things that Reservere teams get that B teams don't, but they want it reported individually. So far we have:

• No messages when you offer out a player (reported here)
  • B team players always being off season for training (reported here)
  • And now this one.

There was a bunch of other stuff I found last year, but haven't checked to see if they still happen this year, because I'm not playing in a league with a B team at the moment. 

Hope they fix all of these (or just get rid of the B team concept and make it Reserves in every league). 

I would like to add some stuff:

I managed to promote my b team into Spanish second division but some of my b team players still show that they need to play at a higher level to improve...

Many b team players also show that they need to access to better facilities to improve. But my training facility is “superb” and youth facility is “top”. My first team players do not have this issue though.

I suspect that facilities and coaches are independent between first team and second team...