[Slovenia] Data Issues

Simon Tipple

• SI Staff

Please post any data issues related to Slovenia here.

As much of the data is subjective we’d ask that you respect everyone’s opinion and accept that the final decision is that of our club researchers and our heads of research.          

We also request you please adhere to the following three point plan when posting in the data topics:

·        State what you think is specifically wrong with a particular piece of data.              

·        State what you think the data should be.                            

·        State reasons/proof for your suggested corrections/improvements.                         

Please note that any non-data issues for Slovenia should be posted in the appropriate thread within the League Specific Issues forum. This would include issues such as league scheduling, league table sorting rules and match rules.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Wrong names           right names

NK Lešće                       NK Lesce

Olimpija Lublana           Olimpija (short name)    Ljubljana is misspelled but should not be in the short name anyway

Koroszka Dravograd   Koroška Dravograd   (short name)

Aluminij Kidričevo      Aluminij (short name)

This has never been like this in the database, for at least last 15 years the long name has been NK Olimpija Ljubljana, the short name has been Olimpija. The screenshot, therefore, cannot be from the original database. Why in the world would one set Lublana or Koroszka?

47131623_Screenshot2021-06-24153129.png.e408b2385f0fc70a63b4744750c15db7.png291753398_Screenshot2021-06-24153700.png.ae2d9c8b6087352d6cf14c8e504ad78f.png

It sounds to me as if some "Real Names" add on had been used in the database you are editing here...

We can return Koroška to Dravograd's long name, of course, but I would never use what looks like a Polish reading of it...

The same reason someone got sloppy and wrote Lešće. Also i don't remember diacritical letters in previous versions. But Ljubljana and dravograd seem to be fixed now. Also it say Aluminij and not Aluminij Kidričevo

No one in the team has been sloppy, all of us tried really hard to have the diacritics in as soon as they were made possible for use in the database. Inserting diacritics into South Slavic names was a huge tasks, and there were a couple of mistakes, including Lesce and a couple of surnames. We are fixing them once one reports something as wrong. 

Ljubljana has never been Lublana in the official database.

Koroška has never been Koroszka in the official database.

The long name has been NK Aluminij Kidričevo and the short name has been Aluminij for as far as I know it.

1 hour ago, Matija23 said:

This is from editor 21.4 database

Can you tell me which language settings you are using? Language and data language settings please?

I am using English (UK) for both data and data language and not seeing these names in the 21.4 database.

Edit:

I checked, this seems to be a case using English for editor language and Polish for data language. I am able to reproduce the names. Might have been the editor not reading the settings properly.

Yes, but what is the element you have changed between making these screenshots and saying it is all correct now? You must have changed something.

Lesce (city name) should already be correct, but the club name was wrong and we have fixed it for FM22.

I am so sorry. It was my fault all along. It has to do with a real names ad on. And i completely forgot about it.  

P.S. I deleted everything and installed the game again

Capture33.PNG

Edited by Matija23