Swap Position/Personalised Instructions issue - carried over from 20

Boy_Wonda

If a pair of players have "swap position" selected, yet both of the players have a "personalised role" for the position they swap to, they will not swap back throughout the match. The personalised positional instructions seemingly strip the swap position flag.

Last iteration this was me using Mess (SC: False Nine & AM: Advanced Playmaker) and Suarez (SC: Advanced Forward & AM: Shadow Striker).

I have just tried this tactical set up again with Wilson/Joelinton at Newcastle and again it doesn't work.

I believe this is not the most important issue, however from a tactical view point, seems like it should be included. 

No, it's a bug because the players never swap back. It should be fluid switches every so often during breaks in play, but once it swaps they don't take up their old positions again during the game. 

It was "noted" around April in FM20.

• 2 weeks later...

tried this in 21.1.0 and the players swapped positions twice, looks like now is working as it should.

aml changed to amr, then swapped back .. and did that twice in one half.... really nice, i never touched the tactic since the start of the match.

Edited by kertiek

1 hour ago, kertiek said:

No, the problem are the personalized instructions, if one of the players has them, they never switch back their positions

I thought so. That's too bad. I hope SI does something about it. 

Thanks!