Finishing of static chances?

Hi there!

Clarify me please, could I change something more or this is specific of ME/football in general?

As you can see I try to use tikitaka as possible there

image.thumb.png.521c78186b4f837f48d7a58a5fb819d8.png

In some games my finishing is really poor. I notice that players score chances in space better. 

image.thumb.png.4559ba94221a5c8baf3cc3002189edd8.png

There I have just 9 shots in targer and 12 missed. And 4 long shots only. So my players missed from box area

image.thumb.png.ea3bf8237361db737b0ac3af5125fbe5.pngimage.png.fe9bad6b616220ce9727f559fe735e32.png 

75% of possession and just 1-1

image.thumb.png.1b8d3b81a0d4a68f952bef3527ac1d4a.png

Honestly I dont understand what I can improve in roles/TI or what I need to pay attention in analysis case?

Many thanks in advance

Your main problem is that your attack is toothless. While in other places your tactic is needlessly aggressive.

Some of your tactical instructions slow it down needlessly. And while this kind of slow tiki taka build up worked on older versions of the game, it doesn't on this one. The opposition is much more prone to take a very defensive stance in the face of your slow Possession approach. By the time you bring the ball up to their penalty area there is a parked bus and a half in front of it. 

So you need to remove at least one of your in-possession instructions. You do not need all four; shorter passing, lower tempo, work ball into box and play out of defence. It's Total Overkill, not Total Football. Lower tempo and work ball into box (usually I put it together with be more expressive)vshoulr be more than enough. And if you put one BPD in your backline then your Sweeper Keeper will instinctively know to pass to him, without the additional need for Play out of Defence. 

Also remove Counter, it has no place in a slow Possession style your are trying to achieve. And it will waste your Possession. Trust me you do not want to give too much ball to these sides in FM20. And conter-press is complete overkill, when you already have such aggressive closing down instructions. If anything I would tune them down and remove Prevent GK distribution. 

I dont see much wrong with your roles, except maybe making one of the fullbacks more conservative and switching HB to a DM on support or DLP. And then maybe making the right midfielder into a Carrilero.

Sorry made some revisions because made too many spelling mistakes in my original post.

Edited by crusadertsar

10 минут назад, crusadertsar сказал:

I dont see much wrong with your roles

Is it sensible DLF(a) -> CF(s) or I have enough support duties?

10 минут назад, crusadertsar сказал:

except maybe making one of the fullbacks more conservative.

I'm not sure I understood what you mean. Do you mean change WB for FB?

Edited by Novem9

Keep the same just delete counter and ball into box. I tried to balance them by each other but this is really simple and logic to disable both :idiot:

30 минут назад, crusadertsar сказал:

switching HB to a DM on support or DLP. And then maybe making the right midfielder into a Carrilero.

this is looks like different tactic :D 

18 minutes ago, Novem9 said:

Is it sensible DLF(a) -> CF(s) or I have enough support duties?

I'm not sure I understood what you mean. Do you mean change WB for FB?

Yes changing the left one into a fullback or wingback on Defend duty. And in this type of formation it is preferable to have a creative central striker on attack duty, like a Trequartista if you have the player suited for it. Since False Nine does not work as well as it did in previous versions.

1 minute ago, Novem9 said:

Keep the same just delete counter and ball into box. I tried to balance them by each other but this is really simple and logic to disable both :idiot:

this is looks like different tactic :D 

I just explained my logic above but if you prefer to continue with your set up then go right ahead.

1 минуту назад, crusadertsar сказал:

Yes changing the left one into a fullback or wingback on Defend duty. And in this type of formation it is preferable to have a creative central striker on attack duty, like a Trequartista if you have the player suited for it. Since False Nine does not work as well as it did in previous versions.

I'm playing journeyman save and I guess there are no good T in AZ Alkmaar. But I will use this idea in bigger club :thup:

Только что, crusadertsar сказал:

I just explained my logic above but if you prefer to continue with your set up then go right ahead.

Yeah thanks! But I guess HB+AP is better for idea of my save (posession possession possession)

6 minutes ago, Novem9 said:

I'm playing journeyman save and I guess there are no good T in AZ Alkmaar. But I will use this idea in bigger club :thup:

Yeah thanks! But I guess HB+AP is better for idea of my save (posession possession possession)

Fair enough. But keep in my that what you might think works in real life like "possession possession" (yay awesome Tiki Taka) might not work at all in the game. And you might just end up with numerous draws and one goal loses to inferior sides. This forum is full of stories like that simply because of the tactics that's are not fitting to the current ME. Now you really have to think in terms of creating ideal penetration. And not just getting more Possession. That won't win you games like in real life with Man City

And as counterintuitive as it might seem, moving the ball up too slowly (having all those in-possession instructions) does not work well. 

Edited by crusadertsar

В 21.09.2020 в 16:03, crusadertsar сказал:

Fair enough. But keep in my that what you might think works in real life like "possession possession" (yay awesome Tiki Taka) might not work at all in the game. And you might just end up with numerous draws and one goal loses to inferior sides. This forum is full of stories like that simply because of the tactics that's are not fitting to the current ME. Now you really have to think in terms of creating ideal penetration. And not just getting more Possession. That won't win you games like in real life with Man City

And as counterintuitive as it might seem, moving the ball up too slowly (having all those in-possession instructions) does not work well. 

For now I use this. Could be some little changes before/during game (standart tempo for example) but general is :

image.thumb.png.02cb0a80cd0748268faa51ca1f914aec.png

It was a long issue with RW. He was IW and RCM (which BBM) was AP. IW was no effective. Second IF is very attacking, I dont sure that T could be useful in this type of tactics.
So I made changes. Probably if I will play in top team I will try RPM + AP but for now I dont want to risk.

I lose some % possession but it looks more effective :thup: thanks a lot

image.thumb.png.a4efebad559d505b4a044fa0b705316d.png

image.thumb.png.d8d612fb5883ff3f040873af3a4547a3.png

image.thumb.png.288aadc3e6333168233a60a0d73e0f39.png 

Edited by Novem9

56 минут назад, Johnny Ace сказал:

One of the fundamentals to me (& many others, I guess) is not to have both players on a flank with the Attack duty but if it's working, it's working. Just keep your eye on the right hand side  

I agree. But AP is nonclear attacking playmaker. He focuses for a ball at first. I mean playmaker role has behavior to play different in compare of typical wide players

Btw I moved passing and tempo for standart and use again WBIB. Average possession 57-62% 

First time I have this style

image.png.b334745ccd8892cc6a663c9b9cd1208a.png

Edited by Novem9

Nice one, stick with it then :thup:

I was more thinking along the lines of him tracking back while you're defending & protecting the flank  & the WB going forward & getting caught out. I guess if you have the most possession you don't have to worry too much :brock:

22 минуты назад, Johnny Ace сказал:

I was more thinking along the lines of him tracking back while you're defending & protecting the flank  & the WB going forward & getting caught out. I guess if you have the most possession you don't have to worry too much :brock:

AP(s) sounds more like you described, AP(a) is more Messi style for poor there are :D