[FM20] Climb The Ladder

TerminalPortugal

1gXZPp.thumb.png.e6ef01b0d85bb6ae3baf87c3370d77f0.png

The concept behind this save is to become successful in each allotted region shown in the diagram. We will start in Oceania and move to Asia, North America, Africa, South America and finally Europe. Each step on the ladder has a set of country that occupy a specific region. Our goal is to accumulate enough points in each region to advance to the next.

So it is very much a journeyman save looking to get as many trophies as possible that count towards our total to advance to the next region. Our manager will be like normal, experience-less and badge-less and I will be randomly rolling for his nationality

How do you get points?

We get a different number of points for winning things. In most regions we need to accumulate 500 points to advance to the next region (the regions that have a black header in the diagram). Some regions we need to get 1,000 points, these are special stages where there is only one country to manage in and they have golden headers.

The points we can win are as follows:-

100 points – Top Division League Title (e.g. English Premier League, Brazilian Serie A, French Ligue 1)

50 points – Top Domestic Cup (e.g. English FA Cup, German DFB Pokal, French Coupe de France)

30 points – Any other Domestic Cup(e.g. English League Cup, English Community Shield, French Coupe des Championnes)

500 points – Top Continental Competition (e.g. UEFA Champions League, Copa Libertadores, CAF Champions League)

250 points – Secondary Continental Competition (e.g. UEFA Europa League, Copa Sudamerica, CAF Confederation Cup)

50 points – Any other continental Competition (e.g. UEFA Super Cup, UEFA Europa Conference League, CAF Super Cup)

If there is confusion as to what the main cup in a country is I will make a call on it based on either history, which cup has been going longer, how many teams enter it or try and do some research as to which is the main cup.

We can also lose points from our total

-50 points for being relegated at any point or resigning from a job in the relegation places prior to completion

-100 points for being sacked, or resigning when under pressure (i.e. media suggesting we may be sacked)

We are not allowed to manage international jobs and international tournaments such as the FIFA World Club Cup do not count for any points.

Multiple Win Rule

So to encourage us to explore the region or at the very least various clubs within it, we receive 50% of the points each time we repeat a win of a specific trophy with the same team.

Example

Lets say we are at Liverpool and we win the Premier League and League Cup in our first season. We would receive 100 points for the league and 30 points for the League Cup.

If in our second season we won the league, FA Cup and League Cup, we would receive 50 points for the league, 50 points for the FA Cup because this would be the first time we have won it and 15 points for the League Cup.

This will mean there will be diminishing returns for us with a club domestically. Continental competitions are not affected by this reduction. Winning two consecutive UEFA Europa League trophies would count for 250 points in each season that we did it.

In the Liverpool example over the two season we would have earned 245 points towards our target, which for England because it would be a special stage with a gold banner would be 1,000 points.

If I moved to Chelsea the next season and won a league title then again the value of the league win would return to 100 points, as the reduction is club specific rather than league specific.

Once we reach 500 points, we must resign our job and load the next set of countries in the next rung on the ladder and unload the countries on the rung we have just completed. Each stage could all be completed in one season with Top Continental Competition win or it may take a long time to complete.

So as the ladder suggests we will be starting in OC4 (on the diagram top rung), which will have Tahiti, Cook Islands, Kiribati and Tuvalu.

The goal with this save is to update every year with a synopsis of the season and the competitions.

The Ladder (Click To Enlarge)

84891322_ClimbTheLadder.thumb.png.95a0222e8a85d3b3ce7b52c36295889e.png

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

130051.png.606dcdcf75cc044ada3ad5b57995a2e0.png

UItHwl.thumb.png.25fc7dd39c823fae9cf77d677c0fd46f.png

2019 Season

Introduction to the Manager

21eaa73dd05775d291c603312af9fbd2.png

1ea0ab26f1fe55b5d22cddb859aa9098.png

Well since last time we left off, we said we would randomly draw the nationality of our manager, so meet Francisco de Léon, our 26 year old Guatemalan manager hailing from Guatemala City. Quite why he has found his way to Pacific football management is anyone’s guess

Overview of the Club

b0caa2daf649a2e50d5120fa6a93c15b.png

We got randomly assigned Tupapa Maraerenga, which both a blessing and a curse. Tupapa are arguably the best team in the Cook Islands, playing their football on the island of Rarotonga; and it is nice that we Lady Luck gave us such a strong side on paper, however the Cook Islands is a bit bereft of point opportunities. This is because there is only one domestic tournament the Round Cup.

The club had won the last three Round Cups before we arrived, so the expectation would be that we would win another one would assume. That also added a lot of pressure on to us, as not winning the league might see us potentially axed.

Our great domestic accomplishments prior to our arrival also meant we would be involved in the OFC Champions League straight from the off.

Squad

c1e24bc83f220b14c98111a959fcea20.png

c7478f9f0a03fe7d84340320bd8339a8.png

The squad was a lot better than the image above. The Cook Islands has the curse of many a Pacific nation whereby it is a free for all when it comes to player contracts and everyone is on a non-contract so it is not uncommon to suddenly lose half your players in a transfer window, which is not ideal. Of course under certain circumstances we can also conduct the poaching.

Mil Joseph, Sam Margetts and Lee Harmon were three of our best players, so it really hurt us to lose them, especially Margetts who looked like a great player for us. Harmon and Margetts also chose a strange club to leave us for in Matavera who seem to be a mid table team in the Cook Islands. Anyway we tried to replace them as best we could. Grover Harmon was probably our best player this season that is still at the club. Not sure if he is related to Lee, but Grover was great in the attacking midfield spot. Melbourne Piri was the man putting the ball in the back of the next this season and he average just under 1 in 2 games which is not too bad. Also Tangapiri at fullback also got himself a fair few assists this season.

I think we will have to make do to be honest with what we have as I don't know if I really will be able to get much in the way of improvements to our first 11.

OFC Champions League

5cdf3ff1122e1bc8c0f96619e794af1c.png

47fb6e196f01f7598dbfad16c2d23730.png

We arrived to the football club and we had about 3 days before we entered into the Champions League preliminary stages. It was all games against other Pacific Islands opponents, but it was not ideal as we had barely had any time to impart the tactics to the team. However performances were a lot better than I could have realistically hoped for as we swept aside the opposition without too many issues.

When we got the draw, I lost all hope as we drew three New Zealand sides in the Champions League and that normally spells the end for Pacific Island sides, however I was very much amazed as despite losing our first game to Waitakere United away, we then turned over Team Wellington and Southern in quick succession to qualify from our group in 2nd place. I was even dreaming of completing OC4 without ever kicking a ball in the Cook Island domestic competitions, but alas that was not to be as Hawke's Bay narrowly beat us in the Quarter Finals.

We gave a very good account of ourselves and it gives me hope that perhaps the Champions League is not a completely lost cause for a team like ours.

Cook Islands Round Cup

2ff092c7a9981ef279e4f6cdbb15eec1.png

6d0de528ac19db25da4e3698f459e932.png

It was really tough going but in the end we got over the line in the Round Cup to claim our first points of the career. We started off badly in our season opener losing 3-1 to Titikaveka, the most decorated side in Cook Island history, although they have not won much recently. We did recover from that loss to string together a nice winning streak that ended when we played the return fixture at Titikavera and it was a mad game as it ended 4-4 and we got two late goals to get the draw. The next month was topsy turvy for us as we drew 3 and won 1, but it seemed everyone else around us was doing the exact same so we managed to keep the leadership of the league at this point. We lost again to Titikavera the next month, which brings our record against them for to 2 losses and a lucky draw, which is pretty grim reading but the two wins we also got in October just kept us ahead. 

Another loss in November to Matavera who poached our best players, made things interesting for a week, but we clinched the title at home to Avatiu with a 3-0 win and that was the end of that as far as the league was concerned.

Conclusions

Well we got some points on the board and that is exactly what we needed to do. I am unsure of my next steps though we could stay and realistically fight for 50 point in the coming season with the halving of the value of the league or we could attempt to move on to pastures new. I think it may well be a case of seeing what kind of jobs are available in the likes of Tahiti and seeing whether we could line up a good job there. Our performance in the Champions League is the thing that is drawing me to stay, is there an unlikely Champions League victory somewhere for us in the near future? I doubt it. But our Quarter Final run peaked my interest.

Career Summary

06c50aca8cb7f19561469d070f5f289e.png

This looks like a great long term save! Does the ladder design mean that (for instance) you will need to collect 1000 points in each of the three AFC leagues that are on their own "rung", and you don't get to skip the other two just because you have managed to get lots of points in one of them? It's going to be a very long save!

6 hours ago, mattyjames_ said:

This looks like a great long term save! Does the ladder design mean that (for instance) you will need to collect 1000 points in each of the three AFC leagues that are on their own "rung", and you don't get to skip the other two just because you have managed to get lots of points in one of them? It's going to be a very long save!

Yeah each China, South Korea and Japan would need 1,000 points to complete. The other Asian stages would need the normal 500 points.

130051.png.606dcdcf75cc044ada3ad5b57995a2e0.png

UItHwl.thumb.png.25fc7dd39c823fae9cf77d677c0fd46f.png

Early 2020 Season

OFC Champions League

00523102dce98c9ba8302524cf1b6c14.png

With the league season in the Cook Islands so truncated for teams also playing in the Champions League, it gave a us a good opportunity for first see what happened in the Champions League before we decided on our future at the club.

We again had to qualify via the Preliminary stage and it was as easy this time as it was last time as we beat Green Bay, Ngele’ia and Vaitele Uta easily to win the Prelim Group and qualify for the Group Stages.

In the Group stages proper we this time did not draw three New Zealand teams but instead got one in Auckland City and some island teams in Solomon Warriors of the Solomon Islands and AS Venus of Tahiti. I fancied my chances after last year and I was right to be so confident. We opened up with a 1-0 win against Solomon Warriors who gave quite the game, but we came through the bout. Next up we went to Tahiti and smashes AS Venus 4-0 to book a spot in the Quarter Finals.

Then it was time for the big one and we pulled off a major upset as went over to New Zealand and knocked off Auckland City 1-0 in their backyard to win the group. Now I should be forgiven for thinking that I would get an easy tie for the Quarter Finals but not so as we drew Canterbury United away for the next round. They had won the Champions League last year so I expected a to be beaten, but again we managed to defy the odds and won in New Zealand again by a solitary goal to book a semi final place.

I knew by now that the only games I was going to get was more team from New Zealand and it was Team Wellington this time. Having beaten them the season before I could be forgiven for having a little bit of confidence, but this time we could not get the job done and they beat us narrowly 1-0 on the night to kill off our campaign.

Manager Movements

With the Champions League campaign dead in the water and only 50 points on offer and ever diminishing returns from here out, I decided I was going to be bold and see if I could get a job elsewhere. We had various interviews in Tahiti and eventually we had to settle for a Liga Vini (Division below the top division) who had already been promoted to the top division. What had happened is that in the aftermath of the Tahiti season many of the top clubs managers had been jettisoned and so there was a managerial merry go round underway and it left the job vacant at AS Temanava. It is a very big risk, considering how close we were getting to win the Champions League, but I am of the opinion that it was just never going to happen with Tupapa.

So next time around we will be coming from Tahiti.

Career Summary

06c50aca8cb7f19561469d070f5f289e.png

34015502.png.46ef049329b9788ad6d0dc46d761b8f7.png

vdWwGT.png.5aa80161fa668b15eb65e01dffde1411.png

Season 2020/21

56a25a085ba452b1cb9c9d169f3572b6.png

We made the move from the Cook Islands to French Polynesia to take over as the new manager of newly promoted AS Temanava. I am not sure the goal was particularly to pick up points this season, although I would have taken them had they been on offer. The goal was to raise our profile in Tahiti. This was a big risk, we could be relegated as a newly promoted side, that was a distinct probability and added to that there was no reason why in that eventuality we might also receive the sack. So I knew going that this was a calculated risk.

Tahiti itself has two main competition, the Tahiti Division Federale and the Coupe des Polynesia, essentially like the Premier League and FA Cup for the country. So there were more points on offer and probably a higher standard of football as well.

Squad

df96429fe47579b9ad0d48e765eebe35.png

6136faf0854c9654bbf99d454a14d4ba.png

Tahiti is just as crazy, if not more crazy than the Cook Islands when it comes to players moving between clubs. Everyone on a non-contract and that is what you get. Instead of being defensive in the transfer market, I decided to go on the offence and try and poach my way to a better team, and we managed to certainly improve the side with that strategy. Despite all the signings, in the end there were no real standout performers. Chauvet on the wing was probably our best player this season and he ended up joint goalscorer. There is still a lot of work to be done to make this team competitive.

Division Federale

c4085fdf8ea351443164b7348dd6c003.png

3478af314047b3d53d594228ef4c5d6b.png

We were predicted to finish in 8th place and that was after a lot of new signings came into to improve the side. 8th would have seen us just outside the relegation places so that was at least something to be cheerful about. We started the season quite well with a draw against much fancied AS Dragon and a couple of wins in October before we lost our first match to Central Sport. This led to a bit of a bad November where we failed to win any of our games although we also only lost once.

By December with 2 wins and a draw, we looked very much safe from the drop and were in and around the huge group of teams chasing the title. But as the season went on we faded away a bit as Tefana and Central Sport became a lot more consistent. In the end we finish 4th, which was a fine performance considering the expectations of the club, but obviously it brings no points with it.

Coupe de Polynesie

e3032991449a519e57db37f38f1bc981.png

The cup was an avenue for us to perhaps sneak 50 points this season and we did well to a point, we got past Tefana Reserves and then knocked out AS Dragon one of the bigger sides in Tahiti, but then we lost to lower league AS Papenoo to end any hope of points from the cup. In the end Tefana would get to the final but lose to AS Tac, again another lower league side, in a quite weird season in the cup I would imagine.

Conclusions

It was a season where we did not get anything towards our 500 point goal, however perhaps we gained something this season for the long term, in that our manager is now fluent in French and that will help in securing jobs in Tahiti, and we now have some record of decent performances as a manager in Tahiti. I would consider other jobs in Tahiti of course, but we have made some pre-agreements for some very decent players from other Tahitian clubs to arrive next season, so we may be even more competitive. I am a bit in a Catch-22 not knowing if it is best to stay another season and see what we can achieve or try and get a bigger job in Tahiti or elsewhere.

Career Summary

8b6d4532e29ca15a8a04935a88e8c2a9.png

Edited by TerminalPortugal

34015502.png.46ef049329b9788ad6d0dc46d761b8f7.png

vdWwGT.png.5aa80161fa668b15eb65e01dffde1411.png

Early Season 2021/22

So I said previously that we were thinking that we were in a bit of a Catch-22 situation, where if we moved on the grass may not be greener on the other side. Well our decision was made for us as barely any jobs of note became available in the off-season so we were here for another season.

Division Federale

81dd186c40693bbe62a1ca7eb4c53acc.png

962c00220803094799c4cf6fe2d634dc.png

We have had a shocker so far, really not performed at all well and morale is in the toilet. The start to the season was not kind facing two of the better performers from last year in Central Sport and Tefana to open things up, and we promptly lost those games. We did get a narrow win against Arue next, but it was clear the team was out of sorts. Another loss followed to Olympic Mahina and things were getting serious as we hovered around the relegation places. 

Next month we faced AS Dragon and got a draw against them that caused them to lose their manager, and then picked up a good win against AS Pirae, but two further losses show our current trajectory and we are in a relegation dogfight for our lives.

Although that will not be a problem for me, as that is why I am coming back so early. I did say that AS Dragon sacked their manager and were linked in the press as a successor, well we promptly applied and they offered the job. I guess they can see something that we can't at the moment with us sitting in 9th place and barely looking like doing anything of note.

Coupe de Polynesie

d471acf81a0de465fde44724c2d5546b.png

The cup on the other hand has been a breath of fresh air where we have played very well this season. We battered AS Pirae in the 1st Round 5-2 and then got past lower league AS Maire to set up a Quarter Final tie against AS Teva, again another lower league side. If we were not leaving the club this could have been a nice avenue for a potential 50 points. 

Manager Movements

As mentioned, we got offered the AS Dragon job, and things were not going exactly well here at Temanava so I decided to jump ship. We should hopefully get more opportunities to win things with AS Dragon than we do here, and the next update will be the conclusion of this season with Dragon.

Career Summary

2506a962c4fd1d1064282629a4600962.png

428552.png.46b2ee995d8e8047d27efe38450f5485.png

ZwJTQn.png.fa3a2e895a1983aba04ee82824e7b049.png

Season 2021/22

d085ad7c4339487ac24c08e615097e8d.png

We jumped across the straight to Papeete the capital of Tahiti, to take up our job as AS Dragon manager. We sat in 5th when we arrived and it was not inconcievable that we could still push for the top of the league, although it would take some effort along the way. By the time we arrived to the club we were already out of the Polynesian Cup, but we were going to in the OFC Champions League so that was another avenue to explore to potentially kill off OC4.

Division Federale

a9891d4babbe2adff7451d85f02afee8.png

8b449f95b10ba180427610325c5b362d.png

The club had been pretty inconsistent over the past few months at the opening of the league season and had only picked up 3 wins in 8 games. We set about trying to improve our fortunes, and we got us off to a flying start as we got 4 wins from the first 4 games as we shot up the table. That included a win against Tefana at home who were leading the league and Manu Ura one of the better teams in the league. A draw against AS Pirae followed but even then we were still in with a shout of the league title. Ourselves and Tefana traded wins as we looked forward to what looked like the deciding game on the 10th April 2022 at the Stade Louis Ganivert where we would travel to Tefana with the league title effectively on the line. Tefana really just needed a draw but if we won we put ourselves ahead of them with a game left to play.

The game itself was pretty tight but we got the key goals and ended up being pretty comfortable with a 2-0 win. This left one game to go against a pretty tough opponent in Central Sport, but we were at home and in the end we were comfortable 3-1 winners to take the Division Federale title and win ourselves 100 points towards OC4.

Couple de Polynesie

We were out already by the time we arrived at the club

OFC Champions League

0f1bd8e423ac5fc642b4964e11cf5993.png

8b449f95b10ba180427610325c5b362d.png

We thankfully did not need to any preliminary qualifying to qualify for the group stages of the Champions League. The group we got seemed manageable with Eastern Suburbs the main rival in the group, but we got off to a great start by beating them in the opener 2-1. The remaining group games were always very unlikely to bother us as we beat Ilaoa & To'omata 4-0 and then Vaitele Uta 5-0 to book a Quarter Final spot.

Then the Champions League decided to throw us another curveball. Despite winning the group we got handed Eastern Suburbs away, considering we already beaten them in the group, and had won the group with them in it, this seemed really unfair and unfortunately we found no karma here as we lost 2-1 to end our Oceania campaign at the Quarter Final stage, although there was plenty to be positive about with the campaign itself.

Squad

c2d415922d707cffa07e769e1bb2f6f1.png

We have had some really good performers this year such as Maxence Richaud up front, Ahmed Lamy in midfield and Teata Hauata have been great. We have a pretty strong squad of players especially at this level.

Manager Thoughts

So we got the 100 points for the league which is fantastic. I think we will be staying with AS Dragon next season, as a double next season is worth 100 points to us, 50 from the league and 50 from the cup and I still hold out some hope that we may end up winning the Champions League.

Career Summary

742ab39d0ba21af1d6d0409d2a05ce34.png

428552.png.46b2ee995d8e8047d27efe38450f5485.png

ZwJTQn.png.fa3a2e895a1983aba04ee82824e7b049.png

Season 2022/23

We entered our second season at AS Dragon really with a plan of winning the league and the cup and that would give us another 100 points towards our target and then we may need to look at the job market as the diminishing returns of winning the same competitions began to kick in. As the fixtures came out I was pleasantly surprised to see that Tahiti also has a Super Cup style competition in the form of the Tahiti Cup which I had missed and that could give us another 30 points. So the goal was a tall one, to win everything domestically and get ourselves 130 points to add to the 200 points we already had in the bag.

Tahiti Cup

88709175034d77491b507bba39f9531c.png

Well our goals were were quashed in our first game of the season as we lost to Mana Ura in the Tahiti Cup. I was really disappointed not to get the easy 30 points on offer.

Division Federale

ac29afee93abf980773179bbcdf4cd19.png

The league season was  a straight up battle between ourselves and Tefana, no one else was even really coming close to the quality of both of our sides. We started the season with three wins until we first had to play Tefana and we managed a 2-2 draw which kept us in 1st place in the league. Both ourselves and Tefana would continue for most of the season the same way either winning or drawing. We suffered draws against Venus and then again against Tefana before a draw to AS Vaiete put us two points behind Tefana with only a couple of games to go. At this point both ourselves and Tefana were unbeaten. We smashed AS Aorai in our penultimate game 7-0 but Tefana also won to have it all go down to the final day.

The equation required us to win our game at home to AS Manu Ura and hope that Tefana could not beat AS Vaiete. A draw or loss for Tefana would be enough if we did not win, but if we won they would need to win on account of our superior goal difference. We managed to win our game but Tefana struggled to break down Vaiete and the game ended 0-0 to hand us the title. 

In the end we won the league and both ourselves and Tefana ended the season unbeaten, quite an amazing season and very unlucky for them, but fortunate for us. 

That was another 50 points bagged, as it was our second league title win with AS Dragon.

Coupe de Polynesie

12bf44b39f58fe08d2cd82bee0fd3d5a.png

We performed really well in the cup as we beat AS Pirae in the 2nd Round and then beat Manu Ura and Tefana to reach the final. The final was a bit of a non event as we outclassed our less prestigous opponent Olympic Mahina winning 5-0, and taking home another 50 points for our first Coupe de Polynesie win.

OFC Champions League

a5d46ca4f749d81782fc06599ae22b28.png

The Champions League was not really on my radar at all. I expected to get as far as the Quarter Finals or Semi Finals at a push but it was certainly not an expectation to reach the final or win it outright. The group we were handed had our old club Tupapa Maraerenga, Auckland City and the whipping boys from American Samoa Konica. We got a tough win against Tupapa, before drawing to Auckland City, to pretty much assure ourselves of safe passage to the Quarter Finals. We smashed Konica to make sure with a very one sided 10-1 scoreline.

In the Quarter Finals once again we had the away tie against New Zealand side Canterbury United and we showed some great superiority against them as we dominated the game and won 2-0 in their own backyard. The semi final draw would pair up the best to sides in Tahiti as we would face division rival Tefana for a place in the final. In a very tight game we got two goals to the good away at Tefana and despite them pulling a goal back we hung on to take the game and book an unlikely place in the Final of the Champions League. 

In the final we would face group stage opponent and New Zealand giant Auckland City. We were 90 minutes away from completing OFC4. We had already shown that we could match them with a nice 1-1 draw earlier in the group stages, but it was at the later stage of tournaments that normally things would come unstuck for the Pacific Island sides. Well none of that was going to happen this time as we systematically took Auckland City apart. Within the first 10 minutes we were 2-0 up and unlucky not to be further ahead. Halfway through the first half it was 3-0 and by half time we stood 4-0 up. It seemed like we had already won it, now it was just a case of making sure we did not somehow blow this amazing lead we had created. It never came close to happening as Auckland found it tough to make headway and in the 88th minute we scored another to make the scoreline thoroughly embarassing for our larger foe. We had done it, we had won the OFC Champions League in a watershed win as we took Auckland apart and more importantly for me, it was the 500 points in the bag that meant that OFC4 was done and dusted.

Squad

16a64ba73b82c7e5232c4518bdb7238f.png

f6e2e9844d72487c9d1f5275e9797af5.png

Some great performances from the players. Sylvain Dupuis was the pick of them though as we managed to be both the top goalscorer and top assist maker for us this season which is very tough feat to accomplish, it seemed that whenever he played well, we played well. Dedi Prasetyo, a late signing from Indonesia was probably the X-factor we needed to just get over the line, he ended up having the top average rating at the club. But really you could pick out 6 or 7 of the players who made special contributions this season.

Manager Thoughts

The job is done in OFC4, quite unexpectedly as I was not expecting to do much of anything in the Champions League and certainly not win the whole thing, but that is what we did and that puts us on 800 points as we smash through the 500 points required to advance to the next region. So we will be resigning our job at AS Dragon unloading the current countries and loading in OFC3 which comprises Wallis & Futuna, Tonga, American Samoa and Samoa for the next region. It is not going to be easy there are no household countries there were I am thinking "Yep, let's get in that league and we have a real shot at winning the Champions League in a season or two". So we will have to be cute about how we go about getting through OFC3.

Career Summary

2624b0a2ce6c2ec12ab2b3c81736205e.png

130066.png.20e6ad72759acabfb78046b6a19db413.png

fT91ZA.png.69fb117c242feb275b8edd9397458d00.png

Season 2024

2f02a900efb99cfb67110a8c72b6b90e.png

We spent quite some time out of a job, in total about 16 months in total. Most of this time was waiting for the OC3 leagues to load. The first to load was Wallis and Futuna which had only three teams, two that represent the islands and one that represents the Armed Forces, and they play each other over and over again in a small round robin league. Anyway none of those jobs ever came up for grabs, a few times they became insecure but no one was ever sacked. Then American Samoa and Samoa eventually turned up and again there were no real jobs. Just two jobs in American Samoa from the lower leagues which had no upside to them. Finally Tonga loaded in and again there were no leagues to load.

The story of how we ended up at Kiwi in Samoa is quite bizarre. I was busy linking myself with any club I could but not Kiwi and the reason for this was that they were having a great season being one of the best teams in Samoa and having won the last two titles prior to this one. We were getting towards the end of the season and suddenly the job at Kiwi suddenly appeared vacant. The club were sitting in 2nd place in the league just three points behind Lupe Rush. There manager for some reason had decided to take a job lower down the league at Vaipuna and leave the club. This gave us a shot at the job and they eventually appointed us as the new manager. A real stroke of luck if you ask me to get the job, but I was about to get luckier than that.

Samoa National League

53d20ed41eede3f041686dce23699cba.png

911f92793885e95d33626361773d9de1.png

So we picked up the club with 4 games to go of the season and a real shot at winning the league. We sat 3 points behind Lupe Rush and still had to play them in the league. I thought it was all over when in our first game ex-Kiwi manager Mike Pita engineered a win for his Vaipuna side against us, but Lupe Rush had also lost their game and nothing had changed. Next up we played the very same Lupe Rush away and got a 1-0 win that now put us top of the league. We now needed two wins to assure ourselves of the title and both the teams we were playing were well down the league.

We got a 2-0 win against Vaimoso and then an easy 3-0 win to relegate Sogi SC and give us the title. We won the title in 4 games at Kiwi, which is amazing. I mean I must be the luckiest guy going to land this situation and so that means we manage to get our first 100 points of OFC3, in the easiest possible fashion.

OFC Champions League

Already knocked out when I took over the club

Samoa Cup

Already knocked out when I took over the club

Squad

36a61dafc9abbbb3db3b17e4985eac5b.png

I have barely had any time to acquaint myself with the players but looking at it the team looks pretty strong for the standard of competition. The best performer this season was probably Darren Finau who operates down the left wing and Danny Cheshire looks like a solid strike option up front.

Manager Thoughts

Well that was 100 points stolen to be honest. To be handed one of the best teams in Samoa and a situation where we could win the league in four fixtures is not going to happen very often. I think we will stay another season searching for another title and cup if possible that would give us a combined 100 points to add to the 100 we already have and then we may need to look further afield in search of more points. I have no idea why Mike Pita left his job when he did, maybe he is doing the same challenge I am perhaps...

Career Summary

797788069cbdcd0088f1425babdbb332.png

130066.png.20e6ad72759acabfb78046b6a19db

fT91ZA.png.69fb117c242feb275b8edd9397458

Season 2025

OFC Championship League

c0deb59780bb0d99d5633c2307e4e634.png

4354fb771fb6b9bd0ccb8b8bbc1c7303.png

We had to qualify via the Preliminary stages this time around for the Champions League and it was a bit tougher than we were used to. We beat former side Tapapa, but then lost to Tongan outfit Lotoha'apai before getting through to the group stages with a win over Pago Eagles.

Our group draw was reasonably tough with Hawkes Bay of New Zealand, Hekari United of PNG and Tafea of Vanuatu. We lost our first two games of the group stage and it was looking like we were out as we lost 1-0 Hawkes Bay and 3-2 to Hekari United, but we roared back with a 7-0 win against Tafea and with Hawkes Bay having won all their games in the group, we were able to qualify from the group on 3 points. In the next round we faced another former side in AS Dragon and we played superbly to get past them with a narrow 1-0 win. Making the semi finals had me dreaming and wondering of winning another Champions League and making very short work of OFC3, but we were unfortunate to lose out to Team Wellington losing 2-1 after extra time.

Samoa Cup

c348fdf5f6f72f77761f8b3f9f0d4d33.png

We had a pretty poor Samoa Cup. We got through Lepea narrowly 1-0 in the 2nd Round but then were unable to find a goal against Faatoia United and lost the game on penalties to end our Cup at the Quarter Final stage.

Samoatel Premier League

55e183ae52f5a98663de9ca1dc39227e.png

3472b8a52c178a5949a640957343b839.png

The league this year was worth only half the value as last year at 50 points, but to get any points out of the season we would need to win it. The odds predicted us to finish 3rd, which was surprising and a little worrying. However it was never really a contest, we set of like a freight train out of the blocks and were well ahead for the majority of the season. We only really took our foot off the gas once it was won at the start of September and then to be honest we did not really perform to the right level with 2 draws and a loss to end the season, but it did not matter as far as winning the league as we took the title and another 50 points towards OFC3.

Squad

b7ab58907252bf147b1a23148fc96824.png

a91441a2f1f8f7d0f5784c27af030f14.png

20c36a593cbe25182cb37bcc1cb74671.png

Some very good performances this season. Alex Williams who we brought in this season was sensational as was Tavita To'o and they were both joint top goalscorers this season. Martin Williams another addition this season was also excellent. You could probably pick 5 or 6 guys in the team who performed to a top level this season as we were very good for large parts of it, with the odd bad performance costing us a bit.

Manager Thoughts

Well our run with Kiwi is probably coming to an end as next seasons title will only be worth 25 points to us. I do want to attempt to see if we can do anything in the Champions League as there was a small sign of optimism to be witnessed in our performances, and we may well be able to work our way through the Champions League and if we exit early look elsewhere. The cup would still be worth 50 points to us this coming season, so if we do stay, that is almost a bigger priority than the league, although obviously the league is what allows qualification to the Champions League. We will likely play it by ear and if a good enough job with potential comes up we may well take our chances there.

Career Summary

3d6c343612fe72b468eda55c5129d24e.png

130066.png.20e6ad72759acabfb78046b6a19db

fT91ZA.png.69fb117c242feb275b8edd9397458

Season 2026

OFC Champions League

8411eda19794fbc648b148531c2f2a68.png

497dc4a2df458dba3553f645ea6db3d1.png

We again started with the preliminary qualification and we won all three games without much issue to book a place in the Group Stages. In the Group Stages we drew Suva of Fiji, Solomon Warriors of the Solomon Islands and Canterbury United of New Zealand. All decent teams that could hurt us. We started with a good win over Suva and then drew against Solomon Warriors, which pretty much assured progression to the next round. A draw against Canterbury United made sure of this. 

In the semi finals we got something of a surprise as we were finally drawn at home against New Zealand opposition. We faced Auckland City and performed amazing to take the game 2-1 and progress to semi finals. That is where we ran out of steam as we played Hawkes Bay losing 2-0.

I very nearly resigned at this stage but with a lack of real jobs on the market I decided to stay on and try and get points domestically, even though they were reduced.

Samoatel Premier League

138bc73f3282a18e9cd15bbd4053a94d.png

6776096e3f5d52735c88eb789425bd0f.png

The league ended up being a bit of a cakewalk for us this season, we lost only one game all season and we were never really in trouble of failing to win the league this season. Unfortunately for us the league this season is only worth 25 points on account that is our third Premier League title, so there really are diminishing returns for us in this competition.

Samoa Cup

2d7c0255ebbf9e4cebbe6571baf8b737.png

The Samoa Cup was a more important tournament for us. There were 50 points riding on this and it was arguably more important I won the Cup than the League. We actually started with a tough tie against Lupe Rush, who while they have declined since our first season they still have some good players, but we dealt with them easily enough winning 3-0 away. Next up we faced Togafuafua and Vaitele Uta in the Quarter Finals and Semi Finals and a 1-0 win in each game was enough to see us into the final, where we would Vaipuna, the team that had ran us the closest this season in the league.

The final against Vaipuna was a one sided affair as we started the scoring just before half time. At one point the game was poised at 2-1 and Vaipuna might have felt they might have a chance at a comeback but we killed it off late running out 4-1 winners to take the Samoa Cup and 50 points for me.

Squad

34cc9afe9396b985619cf8a21d2e6407.png

fbee14c59462d2a9f517c6dc2912ce8a.png

411f5c84fac64b3fa92f7734e060b9ec.png

Another very good season from the players, again several guys I can pick out for very good overall season performances. Martin Williams and Alex Williams for me were the best two performers and seemed to be at the heart of everything we did offensively this season.

Manager Thoughts

Our time at Kiwi is over at this stage, there is too little value domestically now and our chances of winning the Champions League are just not particularly likely for my liking. We do take 75 points this season which is more than last season and brings us almost up to the half way mark on OFC3, but we need to move on to pastures new to really try and get bigger points.

Career Summary

2b2050c0887e04ff14638ac434da1a01.png

23211485.png.b681999db4192f75bbaa22064ffe18e3.png

YlMm0P.thumb.png.d1e44f1388542e942888cc3eb45d252f.png

2027 Season

cc88a969ee9ddde28923a726dc45f46f.png

We were out of work for 6 months or so. I decided to resign from Kiwi because the board would just get in the way of my job search anyway and I did not want to be unexpectedly sacked and lose points as a result just because I was linking myself in the media to other jobs. There were some weird going on's. At first I was bound for Wallis & Futuna as both the Army side and Futuna were looking for a new manager and I applied to both but they took absolutely ages to get back. In the meantime I noticed that Lotoha'apai United, the best team in Tonga were not having the best season by their standards and their manager was under pressure. Every month or so I would pile on some pressure on to him, and it seemed that it was not working, especially once the season ended, they finish in 3rd place and they had not sacked their manager. As the new Tongan season approached we decided to give it a final shot, while we were waiting for Futuna to come back to us (which at this point had been about 3 months since we had applied for the job). Suddenly one little media article and they sack their manager and I become the favourite to be the new manager. Needless to say, as soon as that happened we were going to be in the hot seat.

Tonga only has one competition, the league which is called the Tonga Major League, and so it is not ideal but at this stage we just need opportunities to win a few more leagues and get some more points on the board. Plus they always seem to be in the Champions League so there is always an outside chance there.

Tongan Major League

5cd67b7646d10e73383275cada9217f1.png

57144b1229245e35ff48e3ade6fa35cc.png

This season ended up being an absolute cakewalk. We were completely relentless in capturing the title back from previous champions Veitongo. At one point I thought we might win every game in the league season as we went through almost 5 months before we lost to the very same Veitongo who had won the league last season. By that time we were already confirmed as champions and so I expect we took the foot of the gas and got caught out to lose. We drew another game the next month so in the end it was two games we did not win.

It was the easiest 100 points we might ever win, as we pick up the league title at a canter.

OFC Champions League

Already knocked out when I arrived at the club

Squad

6a50dd5d8fce95866d2a029221adad9b.png

4ce46e0e7f5221c1e342c67692b65ab7.png

I liked a lot of this squad. A lot of the squad averaged over a 7 this season which is always a decent barometer of players who had a very good season. Manumanu up front got plenty of goals despite being used often as a substitute this season so he was very handy for us. Koloa operating in attacking midfield was very creative and again was at the heart of a lot of the good that the team did. We also were very solid defensively, guys like Paea Kau and Siosifa Tongamana were a really good partnership at the back.

Manager Thoughts

So a very easy 100 points for us this season, that brings us up to 325 points now. I think it makes sense to stay for 1 or even 2 more seasons here. 2 season would assuming we won another 2 league titles bring us to 400 points which would put us only a one league title away from the 500 points we need. Since I think this team is pretty much a shoe in for the title it should be easy points. Secondly I am also conscious that I probably don't want to go up against Lohota'apai or Kiwi with other sides as I think we would struggle to win either the Tongan or Samoan leagues. The Wallis & Futuna leagues would be pretty unreliable as there are just three teams and despite the Army side coming a few months ago offering us their job (at first I thought they were bugged), it could be a high stakes league with just three teams. Finish 3rd and you could be sacked. American Samoa has not really had many jobs available that are attractive so I think Lohota'apai could be a good little place to grab a few points and wait for the right opening at the right club.

Career Summary

1810bf76d3ce82d11e564f241502f7dd.png

2028 Season

OFC Champions League

ebeac96165beebe8d81cf47835c48dad.png

80df2ccb61bcdc2d6cf387fc7cdcef76.png

bfcc510f0b549a274d84062b3182e835.png

We entered the Champions League more with hope than any kind of expectation that we could pull off a tournament win. Our group seemed manageable enough to me although this was the first time I was entering Oceania competition with them and so gauging where we were against previous team I had managed was a bit of an unknown going in. We started with a loss to New Zealand side Canterbury United 1-0, which is no disaster and we performed pretty well really in the game. We next faced Pago Youth from American Samoa and we beat them very easily. The final game saw us face Solomon Island side Hienghene Sport and we beat them narrowly. In the other game that week Canterbury United suffered a shock loss to Pago Youth and that allowed us to win the group from under their noses.

In the Quarter Finals we would face a side we previously managed and took to Oceania glory AS Dragon. Well they proved to be more than a match for us as they beat us easily 3-0 to knock us out of the Champions League. A decent performance but not a lot to tell me we are close to winning this competition with this side.

Tongan Major League

ba05015db2600ebfc152efb1207c1f25.png

c8f39f4deb989a1d8a80d1fac7aa6a1e.png

I was expecting another easy ride this year, but that thinking very quickly exited my head when we lost our 2nd game of the season to Marist. For large parts of the season we were good but we seemed to struggle against Marist and Ha'atafu, and both these sides were having very good seasons themselves. The standard especially for these sides had seemingly risen in the off season quite considerably. When we lost to Ha'atafu on the 22nd September 2028, we were in trouble, trailing them in the league by 3 points, but we kept our heads screwed on a managed to close the gap over the coming weeks, until after the penultimate game, they drew and it left us a couple of points ahead of them. A good thing too as we played them at home in final game of the season, and this at least meant all we needed was a draw to win the league. In the end the final league game was a one sided contest as perhaps the occassion got to our opponents and we beat them easily 6-2, but it was definately not an easy ride this year and really we had to work very hard to win the league this year.

Squad

daf52ff17742d5189e82940f528096bb.png

244f35be7031579088dc16ae29b23624.png

836e8d3f01c7e657b9aecc5fc2ee1e8a.png

We had some good performers and some not so good performers. Paea Kau a recent signing had a pretty torrid season for us and was constantly criticised by the board and the fans for his performances. At the other end of the spectrum, Manumanu again put in a great goalscoring performance and Koala was instrumental in our creativity this season. The standout player though was Laulea Taufa this season.

Manager Thoughts

We grab another 50 points with the league win and to be honest we had to work a lot harder for it than I expected. When it goes down to the final day, you know you have not had it easy. It is touch and go at the moment in my mind whether I think another season is worthwhile here. It will only be worth 25 points, but having said that ultimately we still need 125 points to advance to the next region and so even moving now and winning in Wallis & Futuna or American Samoa is only going to yield 100 points anyway if we win the league because of a lack of second competition. We could always try our luck back in Samoa where there is a cup competition, but going up against our former side Kiwi is likely to not yield great results in my opinion, plus the right opportunity would need to be available in the first place. We were approach by one of the team in Wallis & Futuna at the start of this season and I did consider it, but I think it may be safer to stay another year, hopefully pick up another Major League crown and then move elsewhere for the final league title.

Career Summary

1801fe26b4f58a738b731531cb548dee.png

Season 2029

OFC Champions League

dff6b4f40103a50560ff07e1a88ec337.png

2aa7198752cc632b4cddf0eb6971cd83.png

0fab9177e472a20101557c6e465e0507.png

We were back in the Champions League for another season, and again we entered with hope rather than expectation. We were required to participate in the Preliminary stages, but that really have us no issues as we beat Pago Youth, Tupapa and Kiwi in short order to advance rather easily to the Group Stages proper. I was not displeased with the draw, I felt we could advance from the group, and we did just that after beating the two Island sides and then losing to Eastern Suburbs of New Zealand, to take 2nd spot. Int he Quarter Finals we faced more New Zealand opposition and we had been fortunate enough to get a home draw in the tie, but we really did not turn up to the game and Team Wellington got a rather easy 3-1 win to take them to the semi finals and knock us out of the competition.

There would be no quick 500 points here this year.

Tongan Major League

b6f4eb28c5c9755d9631c881d7c1af83.png

12e21bab88d3ae8d27ff162f323134f3.png

Whereas last season had been really difficult on us and we were run right up until the final game of the season, with the title resting on the result, which we thankfully won; this season could not have been further from that, as we really had almost no issue dealing with our compatriots. We put up a 6 game winning run to start the league before we drew our first game, and after that draw, we never drew again, winning every game until the end of the season in very dominant display as we took the league by a mile and had already wrapped everything up by September. It is only worth 25 points to us, but it does bring up the 400 points in OFC3, and that puts us one league title away from the teams we have already managed in OFC3 from moving regions.

Squad

f15f3d612fccca77efb2ab7b2eea22c4.png

Some outstanding performers this time around, with Manumanu having an absolutely stellar season with 28 goals and averaging an 8.35 across the season. Laulea Taufa and Folahau Koloa have been in fantastic form as well this season, both hitting double digit goals and assists this season.

Manager Thoughts

Our time at Lotoha'apai United is done, the points have got to the point where they are too small and realistically we do not have much of chance of winning the Champions League. We will resign from our job here and see what kind of job we can pick up on the open market. We have 400 points in the bag, we just need one more league win somewhere new to get to OFC2.

Career Summary

8bbf5da01b404e7fe4fac3e151df0461.png

23070747.png.e17607ca854b6acaae9148bd88de9bee.png

MR8Ckp.png.299121bca477fd8d26e9514abd99333d.png

Season 2029/30

4830bbdfb90a9219cccfa26fae8fcac7.png

We were out of a job for less than a month, as Forces Armees de Nouvelle-Caledonie (FANC) came in for us as we resigned our position in Lotoha'apail United in Tonga. I am not even really sure where this team plays. I can be pretty sure that our two opponents Futuna play on the island of Futuna and Wallis play on the island of Wallis, but as for us I have no idea. Since we represent the armed forces of a the former administrator of the island prior to a referendum where the people of Wallis & Futuna decided they would rather be run by themselves rather than from New Caledonia, perhaps we play on a boat in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.

Needless to say the Wallis & Futuna league is a little bit weird in more ways than one. Firstly the person who made this website either omitted a name for the league we play in by mistake or perhaps it has no name. Secondly the league itself is simply three teams; Futuna, Wallis and ourselves playing each other over and over again (10 times against each team), with a league table to keep things ordered. Because of the format it makes things a bit weird, every game is a 6 pointer so to speak. Also there is no relegation so at least we are safe there, but it does seem that the board of each of the participants has expectations to win the league. I guess with three teams it makes sense that it is eminently possible to win it.

Wallis & Futuna National League

2c750a2afe844383a480a4f74ef09507.png

32ec0b272852e86cb640a6d0a26f9e3a.png

The title above is what I am calling this league, I don't know what the real name is. In fact research into football on the islands, kind of reveals that this does not appear to be a real tournament from what I can see. There appears to be a seperate league in Wallis and another in Futuna that run each year with local sides competiting.

When we took over at the club the season was getting towards its final stages and Futuna were well ahead. With Wallis sitting just above us in 2nd, but some way back. It was still possible because of the fact that we played Futuna so many times that we could somehow go on a run and win it, but that did not happen. We took over for our first game on the 5th January 2030 with a win, but we lost twice to Futuna over the coming remainder of the season to make sure we had no chance of catching them. Our form did drastically improve with ourselves in charge and we did take 2nd spot from Wallis, but ultimately there were no points to be one this time around.

One factor that has made things specifically hard is an inability to get any staff at all. We are the only person at the club in staff capacity. I can't even see a star rating for any of my players, so that has made things interesting.

Squad

02f591fd5ef5511ac5ee03d3dc30c852.png

Really not a lot to boast about here. Tom Lebrun is probably the only player I would highlight, as he was not even playing when we came in and ended up top goalscorer with 5 goals from 3 starts. No one really set the world alight this season, but in fairness we only had a few games to get into the players and hopefully we can have some better performances next year.

Manager Thoughts

It was a strange little start in Wallis & Futuna, we did not get any points, but the format is conducive surely to getting another league title, there are only two other teams to overcome so I hope to be able to do that next season. It would also be nice if we could get an assistant manager. I would take someone with a 1 in every attribute if it just meant having a second opinion on my players.

Career Summary

d3b2db8abfed943a6c4f0ddecaa62871.png

23070747.png.e17607ca854b6acaae9148bd88de9bee.png

MR8Ckp.png.299121bca477fd8d26e9514abd99333d.png

Season 2030/31

736257dfdb168f07f7b9efc400ff9b83.png

382cdccefc7ce933b6fdc0ace3c70587.png

My strategy to win this was to try and snap up players from the other two sides. At first I did this calmly and picked up players that I thought could improve us. It seemed that for whatever reason, you can reasonably get anyone, top players at the other two teams were eager to join us at FANC. However we really struggled to do anything against Futuna, every time we played them they just smashed us off the park, whether the scoreline reflected it or not. I could not understand it, on paper they were not better than us, the media prediction favoured us to win the league by a mile. So I decided to become super-villain and enact a dastardly plan. With the January transfer window coming up, I decided to leave the S.S. FANC and do a little shopping trip to Futuna, and grab up anyone I could to come and play at FANC. Did I need 5 left backs? No. Could I get all 5 of Futuna's left backs? Yes. So I stripped them of any asset that I considered they could reasonably use against me, and their form plummetted in the second half of the season. Just enough for us to step in and take the title and the final 100 points we need to conclude business in OFC3. 

It was like the completely legitimate and legal version of what we all used to do on FM back when we were 10 years old and take over our rivals and released their best players. But it's fair and square, they did not have a a set contract at Futuna, and so I was within my rights to come and take their players away from them. Although I do feel a little bad...

Squad

60d37fa4dfb22264fab9b4ce9807f059.png

26bce7d115f5aa9c96b50d78da47420c.png

Really my whole squad is pretty terrible I would say, everyone was a half star rated player apart from a couple of guys. I was able to see this because for about 3 months we had an assistant manager as we stole the guy at Wallis. But he went off to become the manager of Futuna towards the end of the season so we are back alone in the Staff Room now. The one player who really stood out was one of the half star players and that was Eric Thomas who despite his obvious lack of talent averaged a 7.88 and bagged himself 20 goals this season.

Manager Thoughts

Well we finally done it. We finished off OFC3. A very difficult leg I must say, with the countries involved nowhere near mounting any kind of continental challenge and some stranger competitions to boot. In the end we had to show our nefarious side to get the job done as Futuna were going to win the league rather easily until we stole their squad. We are now going to unload the OFC3 nations, which have been enjoyable to voyage around and add OFC2 which will consist of Papua New Guinea, the Solomon Islands, Vanuatu and Micronesia.

Career Summary

f0f4d5ea63e5c47482789a9ef0d6791f.png

432951.png.7745998f68dbe45d0047c58e644e23e8.png

1NKWzx.thumb.png.477500bf53e4f578db9b22d49fa0c0c0.png

Season 2031/32

2bd786faad4aa9b586496a03f1ebfc78.png

We arrived in OFC2, looking for our next job and again we were out of work for a fair while, while the new leagues loaded up. In total we were out for about 10 months. There did not appear to be too many jobs available at first, really only lower league jobs and certainly nothing that seemed to be worthwhile going for. Then we had another Kiwi moment. Solomon Warriors were sitting in 2nd place, and for some reason the board decided to sack the manager. By the time we got offered the job on the 9th March 2032, they had moved up to first place, and again we had another shot with a little bit of the season to go, to bungle another 100 points from some strange manager movements.

The Solomon Islands has two competitions. The S-League which is the main league of the island nation and the Solomon Islands Knockout Championship which is effectively the cup. So plenty to go for in the Solomon Islands.

S-League

0eee016fb587ff53ad96eb826f108623.png

783c5c18b3b3c49ff9cb34b00b8554c4.png

d646b6d32a086ed4910984747b16205a.png

We arrived in the league as managed of Solomon Warriors, ready for a game just a day after we joined the club against Ka'arua on the 10th March 2032. We won that game, but the league was extremely tight at the top. We had taken over ahead but Koloale and Marist Fire were hot on our tail. The winning ways continued for another fixture before we lost to lowly Guadalcanal. This put us a little behind the eight ball. We had played one more fixture than Koloale, so they remained behind, but they cutting the gap. When we drew away to Western United, Koloale now had a game in hand but were only two points behind us in the league and so it was now in their hands, considering we were not going to play them in the remainder of the season. We needed to do as much as we could and credit to us we did, we beat a very good Marist Fire team away and continued our winning ways. As we got to the 3rd from last game, Koloale dropped some points and this handed the initiative back to us. Koloale faced Marist Fire in the penultimate fixture and they could not afford to lose or it would be all over, and that is exactly what they did, handing us the title without kicking a ball. We won our final game against Ka'arua for good measure anyway.

We take our first 100 points of OFC2, in similar fashion to what we did in Samoa with Kiwi, a strange managerial change meant we could creep in and get some points for only a few wins.

Knockout Championship

Already out when we arrived at the club

Squad

ccceb6f7a54f7b8bfeaf91a1c98ca5b0.png

So I am still getting acquainted with the players, we look to have a good squad. Anthony Sale impressed me up front, he got us some good goals and average a nice 7.48 this season. John Ligi and Dane O'Brien also look to have good quality for the team. We will have a look at the transfer market and see if there are any upgrades to be had, but overall I am pretty happy with what I have got.

Manager Thoughts

Very happy to get the job at Solomon Warriors, they are a good side in the Solomon Islands and interested to see whether we stand a chance in the Champions League. Also very happy to get the first points on the board for OFC2. Whether this one will take as long as OFC3 remains to be seen however.

Career Summary

a8859deee9e830024dd8f5bc38bfd09d.png

432951.png.7745998f68dbe45d0047c58e644e23e8.png

1NKWzx.thumb.png.477500bf53e4f578db9b22d49fa0c0c0.png

Season 2032/33

We went into the season really looking to see if we could achieve a double, which would give us another 100 points towards OCF2. As the league was now reduced in value another win would really reduce it so the plan would be to do the job domestically and then take stock of where we were with the club.

S-League

8f62e37f9a50b5aca8d434b1f15174ad.png

7e75054faf78bd2eed962b6da00b3b3f.png

We were brilliant this season, we manage to get an unbeaten season and really there was no other club anywhere near us all season. We led the league from the start and there was no coming back for the chasing pack. We did pick up a few draws along the way but generally we never looked like we would be beaten. We never looked like anyone could get past us, and it was built on a pretty sturdy defence in the most part and a deadly strikeforce up front that would put away anything this season. Another 50 points in the bag.

Knockout Championship

5dc074b92b47a3d74b02524f46d756b1.png

The form we carried into the league, we also transferred into the cup. We had four games in the cup, including the final and in no game again we were at any point under pressure or needing to really up our game. No Solomon Island team has seemingly managed to work us out this season and the cup was no difference. We ended up winning the final against 2nd Division Real Kakamora 3-0, although the goals came late they had been coming for a long time and when we scored the floodgates opened. That is another 50 points bagged for this season and domestic double completed which was my target at the start of the season.

OFC Champions League

77d5ea5be7997498604120875085ca14.png

2f6d5d7352c02924d4f4e8e536653ddc.png

I went into the Champions League with absolutely no expectations. I had not seen this team perform in the Champions League and being an island side I was expecting to perhaps get as far as the Quarter Finals and no further. We had a pretty manageable group I felt and it showed when we battered Fijian side Suva followed by another big win against PNG United. We then faced Team Wellington for the top spot in the group and we gave a very good account of ourselves holding them to a 0-0 draw and probably playing the better football. 

In the Quarter Finals we had more Papua New Guinea opposition in the form of PS United. It was a game I expected to at least be competitive in and we showed our superiority with a 3-1 win, with early goals to get us on our way and the killer blow in the second half.

The semi final saw us dodge New Zealand opposition instead facing New Caledonian side AS Magenta. I knew that they were a good side but avoiding New Zealander opposition was great for us as they really should be beating us. The game against Magenta was as I expected a tough one. We scored early and they equalised to force extra time, our legs seemed to fresher and main man Anthony Sale stepped up with a hat trick in extra time to steal the tie 4-1 and book us into a very unlikely Final.

The final opposition would be New Zealander as I knew they would be, but it was a welcome team in Team Wellington. They were not an unknown proposition because we had already played them in the group stages. The game was played in Hamilton, New Zealand so effectively a home tie for our opponents. We started well and got ahead in the game a few minutes before half time, to send us into the break 45 minutes away from being Oceania Champions. In the second half Wellington had a go at us, but we took the wind out of their sales as we found another goal to make it 2-0. We held out, until the final minutes when Team Wellington pulled one back to make things interesting, but they would not find another and we had done it. We had won the Champions League with Solomon Warriors at the first time of asking. That is 500 points in the bag and as soon as OFC2 had arrived it was leaving as we were moving on to OFC1.

Squad

a016824e7805fd0d310da410134faee0.png

7d75aa3a12e0b39c8f1409df7eed8b20.png

Some amazing performances from the team this year. We did not lose in any competition all year. Anthony Sale it has to be said was absolutely amazing. He bagged over 40 goals at better than a goal a game, he is a legend in my eyes, thoroughly enjoyed him leading the line for the club. John Ligi was also absolutely brilliant this season and he did get the best average rating and the most assists this season. So it really probably came down to a very deadly duo at the front end of the pitch in Sale and Ligi. Many other could be mentioned but these two guys went above and beyond this season.

Manager Thoughts

Well that was whirlwind season. I never expected as you never can when you are managing a team from a Pacific Nation that we could actually go and win the Champions League this season. I think we were helped by only facing one team from New Zealand this year. That really does help at the end of the day not to have to face too many teams from there. We finish OFC2 after just a season and a bit with 700 points in the bag. Next up we will be unloading OFC2 and loading up OFC1, which will comprise only three nations in New Zealand, New Caledonia and Fiji. I think this is the one where I think winning the Champions League nice and early would be more of an expectation that a wish, but we still need to get the right job to do that.

Career Summary

4e728e3bd61411325e4d2d79af799d6a.png

Just now, mattyjames_ said:

Mate, amazing run in the S-League! Congrats on picking up all those points so quickly and being able to move straight on to OFC1!

Cheers mate! Just one of those season where we could not lose it seemed. Although probably got lucky not facing too many New Zealand sides.

432915.png.ee25b6a5b102273f09cb63710bb1b89b.png

KvArEJ.png.4934374d664e07ffcac5538ed73d4f91.png

Season 2034

28a5b5d5eb83a67f75e0a730732ecfc2.png

We had a very long wait to find a club in OFC1. We had to wait about 17 months before we landed the job at New Caledonia's A.S. Magenta, who were not having a very good season at all. We did have an interview a few months before this at New Zealand Premier League side Tasman United, but they decided to go with someone else. I don't think we are taken too seriously by the clubs in New Zealand despite the couple of OFC Champions League wins and multiple Pacific Island nation titles. We entered the season really with not much to do, there were only two games left in the season so really this update is more of an overview of our new club rather than any major results we managed to achieve.

New Caledonia has the Division Honneur which is the top domestic league in the country and the Coupe de Caledonie which is the main domestic cup in the country, so there is good scope to get some points on the board here.

Division Honneur

669de1b00ad095e68e5ca897ecb01ebf.png

b7addb9317a5f2d96f3d82e5de33a5fe.png

As mentioned we only played out the final two fixtures of the season. Technically the club could still be relegated when we took over as they sat in 6th spot, but was a major long shot anyway. We got a win and a draw to make sure that the club remained in the division and got us up another spot into 5th place. Obviously no points this season, but I expect to be challenging for the title next season.

Coupe de Caledonie

Already knocked out when we arrived at the club

Squad

3d9b3b5a97c99d91cfac79c91951c043.png

Not yet a lot to say here. I think the squad is good enough to challenge for the league, they just had a very bad season, and I think we won't need to overhaul things to challenge as long as we have a good pre-season.

Manager Thoughts

Really we played out a couple of friendlies in many respects, a couple of testers to get things going as manager of AS Magenta. Next season I want to hit the ground running and be challenging for all the domestic honours. I think this team could do things in the Champions League, we beat this team in the semi final with Solomon Warriors, so they know how go far in the Champions League, however first of all we need to qualify for it.

Career Summary

ca24ed1117bdffece17a2e2b987fdcd4.png

Season 2035

Division Honneur

0c7feb0330a92dd2352f83f83bb37d38.png

fb10b26abb0e76c8f6c35c6e4e67a185.png

We had had a little taste of New Caledonian football last season and our goal this season was to win the league this season and the cup to get a potential 150 points to start things off. We started the season well enough with a win but then lost to Hienghene Sport, one of our main rivals for the league, in the second game of the season. We then went on quite the run of wins. We were not exactly amazing, but we were very functional as we got narrow one goal wins most of the time to just keep piecing together our season. We did lose again in August to AS Qanono, but at this point we had a decent lead in the league and we just needed to keep it together. A couple of draws in September made things a little bit tense and Hieneghene Sport started to close the gap to us, but we managed to hold it together and win the next game to win the league and make the final game of the season irrelevant, which we won anyway.

A good league season, we were not amazing but we got the job done and that was what we needed to do. We pick up 100 points for the league.

Coupe de Caledonie

04e84b4b321bc0f8a4ef5252728272b7.png

We had a really good run to the final as we performed well and swept everyone in front of us up to the semi final. The semi final was a tough game but one we lead 3-0 and allowed AS Qanono back into the game with two late goals but held out to reach the final. In the final we faced rivals Hieneghene Sport, and we knew it would a really tough game. We took the lead, but Hieneghene equalised in the first half and then took the lead in the game. We got a last minute equaliser in to force extra time. But they got a winner in extra time to win the cup and consign us to runners up. That means no points from the cup for us, which is disappointing, but we did well, and it just was not meant to be.

Squad

dd09be099c9a170d00fd4bdf874adaaa.png

c6e3bc009366a604a1e7d6def18a5323.png

I decided to bring in some faces from the Solomon Islands as there seemed to be some good value and some very good talent that I could utilise in New Caledonia. In terms of performances, it is difficult to look past Jean-Claude Evrard up front who banged in a tonne of goals and got the top average rating at the club. Without his goals there is no doubt in my mind we would not have won the league, as it was not like we scored a lot of goals this season in most of our games.

Manager Thoughts

It has been a good season even though it ended pretty bittersweet with the loss of the cup. We do pick up 100 points this season and that is at least a start that we can build on towards the 500 points we need. I think we have at least one more season here at Magenta, for a few reasons, a league and cup double would mean 100 points next season again so that is reason enough, but also because I want to see what this team might be able to do in the Champions League. We have been able to win the league with unfancied sides so far in AS Dragon of Tahiti and Solomon Warriors of the Solomon Islands so we could strike lucky for a third time. The other possibility, although the opportunities do not come up very often and we probably don't have enough reputation to really take advantage of it, would be to get a job at a New Zealand Premier League club because that would give us a really good shot at the Champions League title.

Career Summary

4b44fcf5edf80ce3065d19a08739e887.png

Season 2036

OFC Champions League

f971c1153fc897ab4abdcd85364d486b.png

4d37defc4de12599b1fa0bb08f08ea7b.png

I still had not seen AS Magenta in action in the Champions League, and it is always a big unknown as to how we will perform. We qualified automatically into the group stages. We were drawn with Eastern Suburbs, Rewa of Fiji and Vaitele Uta. Our performance in the group stages was very good, we won all our group games including a tough game against Eastern Suburbs. We topped the group and were drawn in Quarter Finals with AS Tefana. I was honestly expecting to get past them but we did not play well and ended up succumbing 2-1 to dissolve any ideas I had of winning the Champions League this year and completing OFC1.

Division Honneur

42954f4fa388d790333ec750ee3cf91c.png

422aa2d253523867df3c04de24d3c468.png

It was a very good season for us in the league, we were completely dominant from start to end as we waltzed our way to another league title. Last year things had been much tougher but perhaps the team was a little bit better this year and we never looked like we would ever be touched. We had only four draws in the league and no losses for an unbeaten season in the league. To us it meant another 50 points for our second title.

Coupe de Caledonie

95ea4f66c4e991b976c43d04b3ae99f1.png

Last year we had fallen at the last hurdle in the Coupe de Caledonie, and this was an important tournament for us as it was worth the same amount as the league this season. We at times were not at our best through the tournament but we made the final without too many issues. The final itself against FC Gaitcha, was a tough match for us and we required penalties to get over the line, but in the end we held our nerve and won the Cup, to get ourselves another 50 points.

Squad

c67fe4886832a236f89d8019501ccf1d.png

4eea92aa4cbab0e8b2250ba940803026.png

We only had two signings, to be honest the main one was Geoffrey Kamau from Kenya, who is a superb right winger for this standard. We also had a huge stroke of luck in Corentin Chauvet, who came through our youth academy as arguably the best player at the club, a real boon and he has been amazing this season. Chauvet just in behind Evrard has been a brilliant combination this season and it really helped us this season. Melchior also has been a creative force from central midfield providing the passes.

Manager Thoughts

It is probably the final season at AS Magenta. I do however want to give the Champions League a shot which may take us into the season. However unless we get to the semi finals and beyond I think I will leave the club before the season ends, and forego the points for the league or cup, which would only be worth 25 points each respectively. The diminishing returns really don't make it worth staying.

Career Summary

558a7643234ba26ef6ccc9ebbc49dfe0.png

KvArEJ.png.4934374d664e07ffcac5538ed73d4

Season 2037

OFC Champions League

20e1d9fc1d7377a0da0b355c79c56500.png

90ec996c923740d5a16b2eb1297ab2aa.png

We were back for the Champions League, we planned to leave right after due to the diminishing return domestically. Our group was eminently manageable and we did the job as we got two wins and draw to win the group. The next round we faced New Zealand's Waitakere United and got a narrow win to take us through to the semi finals.

In the semi finals we faced Rewa of Fiji, who had been pretty dominant for quite a few years in Fijian football and again we got a narrow 1-0 win to take us to the final where we would play group opponents Eastern Suburbs. We stood 90 minutes away from completing OFC1 and moving on to Asia, but in the end we could not get the job done and we succumbed 3-1 to the our opponents from New Zealand. A very disappointing way to end things in New Caledonia, but these things happen.

Division Honneur

856857a205eac14d38c929ea093214d7.png

996582d1c72d2a0c11e63cad6f76ff16.png

The season has just started and we sit top after winning our first 5 games of the season. We are leaving the club now, so we leave a good platform for the next manager to go on and win the league at this stage.

Coupe de Caledonie

Had not entered when we left

Squad

Too early to mention any performances

Manager Thoughts

We leave New Caledonia with 200 points and we were a whisker away from ending it all, but we could not get over the line. We leave looking desperately to try and get into a club in the New Zealand Premier League but that may not be possible so we may be looking elsewhere. We will wait and see what comes up and hopefully a job with decent upside comes up before too long has passed.

Career Summary

fdb94a43a7241ae134b1076058dfa24a.png

130055.png.0a72f144ff1861a3f6cb03fc9657e75c.png

IX90tC.png.3763a3505c300f8f9bdcaa912aa48d7f.png

Season 2038

We left AS Magenta on the 9th of May 2037 and we had found a new job by the 16th of October 2037. The season in Fiji had just ended and Ba had finished in 5th place, which with a little bit of pressure from myself in the media was enough to convince the board to part ways with the incumbent manager, and we were given the job. Ba is a powerhouse of Fijian football and to be honest they have been under-performing in recent years and I think we can bring them back.

Fiji is actually a great country for this kind of challenge because it has so many competitions. It has a league in the Fiji Sun/GP Batteries National Football League, and three cup competitions. The three cup competitions are the FIji FA Cup, The Battle of the Giants and the Inter-District Championship. I had to make a call on which tournament was the main one as it was not clear so I went by overall highest reputation of the cup competitions, and this was the Battle of the Giants. Although it was closely followed by the Fiji FA Cup. So the Battle of the Giants will be worth 50 points and the other two cup competitions will be worth 30 points as lesser competitions.

OFC Champions League

c7071367bbce8a36ae9093fe8f40d8bf.png

46eaea0a7f441e8576800271a4b428a6.png

We performed pretty well in the Champions League, we won our group with three wins including beating Eastern Suburbs of New Zealand, and got past my former club in AS Magenta in the Quarter Finals. I actually felt pretty confident for the semi final because we had already beaten Eastern Suburbs before, but we could not repeat the feat as they knocked us off and went on to win the competition. So no Champions League this season for us.

Fiji National Football League

e1cad540b0527a23767bb8c80a65fb44.png

e0469e750e692e122962bd40fa3c8dab.png

We were superb in the league as we revived this sleeping giant to a very impressive performance as we lost only one game over the season winning all the other games during the league season. It is a short league so there is not much room for any mistakes and we simply did not commit any as we went on to take the title and 100 points for me.

Fiji FA Cup

dece492864133f3b08d3bac24b528cda.png

The first cup competition we competed in was the Fiji FA Cup, and we did a very good job. The tournaments in Fiji have a group stage followed by a knockout format, and we won all our group games to qualify for the semi finals with ease. In the semi final we faced Tavua and won easily before dismantling Nadi in the final 4-0 to win the FA Cup and secure another 30 points for myself.

Battle of the Giants

d2629240a8d4a420fd76c34d90570f45.png

The Battle of the Giants had a very similar format to the FA Cup, a group stage followed by the semi finals. We beat Navua in our opener but then lost to Rewa, requiring us to get a result in our final game against Nadi, which we did in a cagey match. In the semi final we faced Suva, who were having an awful season and we piled on the misery with a 5-0 win. The final would see us face Rewa who had beaten us in the group stages and they got the better of us again as the game went to penalties and they managed to outdo us. 50 points dropped and that is disappointing considering we got the final. An opportunity missed.

Inter-District Championship

c034f33e1fada4513486bfd3958470ab.png

The exact same format for the Inter-District Championship and we had the same group as in the Battle of the Giants. We won all group matches very easily to book a place in the semi finals. In the semi finals we were well in control as we knocked off Tavua 2-0, and then we faced Suva, who as mentioned had had an awful season and had been relegated from the league. They gave us quite a game. We led well into the second half 2-0, but they got two late goals to force extra time, but we managed to find the winner to win it and that secured ourselves another 30 points for the season.

Squad

96287270920ddcb7a4f22906b4427e8b.png

4b0b3f911872b338138e257807771363.png

Viliame Chaud a signing this season from Lautoka was in outrageously good form this season and he was certainly deadly in front of goal bagging over 30 goals this season for us. Another two signings were also pivotal to our efforts in Cameroonian Armand Akoso and Anthony Duquesne who have been brilliant in attacking midfield and left wing respectively. I could go on as the team were really good this season and I am very happy with the first 11 and the depth we have in the squad.

Manager Thoughts

We ended up picking up 160 points this season which is great, it could have been 210 points which would have been amazing for us. We now sit on 360 points and realistically domestically we could pick up with the league and all three cup competitions another 130 points which would leave us on the precipice of finishing OFC1. So we will be staying with Ba next season and seeing what we can do domestically. If we do end up performing a miracle in the Champions League then all the better but there are still great points on offer domestically for us.

Career Summary

9deb8e5915970236a0556fa1d221e26a.png

130055.png.0a72f144ff1861a3f6cb03fc9657e75c.png

IX90tC.png.3763a3505c300f8f9bdcaa912aa48d7f.png

Season 2039

OFC Champions League

52947c35929ccf3df4092a3abe4b16aa.png

d5f6ccbfea51203fd99b5488f3739da5.png

This year we had absolutely no issues with the group. We faced two former sides in the group stage, in Tupapa Maraerenga of the Cook Islands our first job in management and AS Dragon, where we won our first OFC Champions League. Both those game were one sided affairs as we put both of them to the sword to qualify for the next round. We then faced off against Team Wellington and beat them well 3-1, to top the group. In the 2nd Round we faced another of our former clubs AS Magenta and we beat them on penalties to reach the semi finals where we would face fellow Fijian side Lautoka.

In what was a complete surprise to me we somehow succumbed to Lautoka 1-0 in the semi final. We were much the better side but we could not find the net and in the end it is very disappointing to go out to a fellow league rival. Team Wellington incidentally would go on to beat Lautoka in the final. So I really think we let an opportunity to win the Champions League go by the way side.

6890c356f8c149d262a7c3ef6e60aeaf.png

The league was not much of an issue for us as we looked like champions elect pretty early on. We did not lose a game until our final game of the league season, which meant that we lost a potential unbeaten season but it did not matter much to me. 50 points secured for the title win.

Champion vs Champion

bc31512d88bb5dfb78bce7fbf8daf3b6.png

Before the league season kicked off I was introduced to a competition that omitted to mention in my last post. Fiji also has a Super Cup style competition for the league and cup winners to play in. We faced off against Rewa this season and had pretty much wrapped up the two leg tie in the first leg as we won 6-1. The return leg yielded a 1-1 draw which was easily enough for us to lift this trophy and bag another 30 points for the season.

Fiji FA Cup

e59d23b6ad32f696c295efcfac06d0b4.png

The Fiji FA Cup was plain sailing for us to be honest, we won our group games, and then beat Navua late on to book a place in the final which ended up being a one sided affair as we got a measure of revenge on Lautoka for the Champions League with a 1-0 win. Another win the FA Cup gives us another 15 points

Battle of the Giants

10cd053d2598dd1935bb2ca9eee8ec34.png

I really wanted to win the Battle of the Giants, since it is worth 50 points, but this tournament did not go well for us, after a pretty standard group campaign as we picked up 3 wins and a place in the semi final, we once again lost to Lautoka, who were beginning to become a major pain in my arse, and it was another 50 points lost, another semi final loss to Lautoka.

9f0bb993637e4ac8bf2aee266f6393df.png

The Inter-District Championship started very poorly for us as we lost at home to Nadi in our opener, this was the first game back after the league season had ended and we had lost the final game of the season to Lautoka. So perhaps that had some impact, but we did recover to win our remaining group games and qualify for the semi finals. In the semi final we beat Rewa narrowly 2-1 to book a final place against Nadi, the team who had beat us in the opener. They proved it wasn't just luck as they repeated the feat again beating us 2-1 in the final, and it was another 15 points dropped.

Squad

a130531eb58fc685fbb9c43daa4c9793.png

I feel the team had performed at a lower level this season that they did the last season. I can't really put my finger on it, we have been poorer in defence and Chand has been less prolific in front of goal. We are also probably creating less. If I had to pick out a start performer, it would be Navneel Ram with his 15 assists this season and the best average rating at the club.

Manager Thoughts

We now sit on 455 points away. The Battle of the Giants would be enough for us to complete OFC1, or a combination of the league, Champions vs Champions and Inter-District Championship would also be enough for us. The FA Cup is pretty much worthless to us this next season however, being worth just 7 points (we always round down the fractions on the tournaments if we get to fractions). So I think it is probably best to remain at Ba for a third season and just target the Battle of the Giants. We have also been threatening to do something in the Champions League despite choking two years in a row, and obviously that would also get the job done for us, but it just makes sense to see out another season and see where we are at the end of that.

Career Summary

ff83a662617b3faffb3be32946901def.png

Just now, davenumber40 said:

I've enjoyed reading through this thread. Which Oceania Champions League file are you using? I think you've inspired me to finish off FM20 in Oceania. 

I'm using the ones made by Timo, but not loading any of his databases for any of the countries that were already default with the game, as it seems to cause a fair few bugs.

130055.png.0a72f144ff1861a3f6cb03fc9657e

IX90tC.png.3763a3505c300f8f9bdcaa912aa48

Season 2040

OFC Champions League

9f3f5682e1527e8e5324ea9b857b4450.png

6a1f31f6b070a7e32c2d2a7b453908b7.png

The Champions League again through up games against some of my former clubs. Tupapa Maraerenga again and another club we won the Champions League with in Solomon Warriors. The group stages we managed very well getting a win against Tupapa and Solomon Warriors before getting a draw with Eastern Suburbs. We would face Eastern Suburbs again in the Quarter Finals and that was where the adventure ended as we lost out on penalties to the side from New Zealand.

b0be5542c30de472bd5cfd70a323ef19.png

046d90a1beb81bccff2be032f993b96d.png

This league season will be one that lives long in the memory, as we were simply sensational as we won every game in the short season to set a record that will never be beaten again in Fijian football. We did not just go the season unbeaten but we won every single game there was to win during the season. An amazing achievement. It is just a shame that it is only worth 25 points to us, but they were welcome considering how close we were to completing OFC1.

Champion vs Champion

382728079a73026eca0c3ba9473a3583.png

We faced Tavua in the Champion vs Champion trophy and it was actually a very easy set of games for us as we wrapped up the tie in the first game winning 5-1 away and we completed it off in the second leg with another win, this time 2-1 to win 7-2 on aggregate. That is another 15 points won for the season for our second Champion vs Champions win.

Fiji FA Cup

78328d3f8ac6e41db388708ccc788435.png

The Fiji FA Cup was worth very few points now considering we had won it the past two years in a row. We would not win it for a third in a row as despite having a stellar group stage where we won all our games we lost narrowly to Rewa in the semi finals. Only 7 points were on offer so I was not too disappointed.

Battle of the Giants

3d972947c5a094308bb70ffd501a9031.png

The Battle of the Giants had been the trophy that had eluded us and this time we got things right on the pitch. Three wins in the group stages sent us through to the semi final stage where we faced Tavua. Two goals in the first half saw to Tavua as we came through 2-0 winners and booked a place in the final a few days later where we would Rewa who already had beaten us in the FA Cup this season. This time however we got off to a flyer with two early goals and we then just managed Rewa. They did get a goal mid-way through the second half but they never looked like getting level and we finally captured this trophy. A bit points haul of 50 points, and it alone was enough to completed OFC1 just by iteself.

0a84b1b3cebd8a6858640e6a2fbea0f6.png

The Inter District Championship again saw us qualify for the semi final stage without much issue with 2 wins and a draw. In the semi finals we faced the tricky Lautoka side that had caused us so much heartache last year but this time we saw them off narrowly 1-0 with a 22nd minute strike.

In the final we faced Nadroga who were one of the bottom feeders of the league, so I was expecting an easy victory but it was anything but that. We got ahead with a penalty in the second half, but Nadroga got level in injury time to force extra time in the final. It could have gone either way but we got the winner 15 minutes from time and we saw it out to win this trophy again and collect another 15 points.

Squad

8611237683c0029e2c55b8f91974986f.png

0d37bd4b9c46aceb6da2d1b6ec183e0a.png

The Transfer Window was interesting this year as we somehow got in touch with an agent from Armenia, who kept flogging Armenians our way. We could not scout them so we decided to take a punt and when the Grigoryan worked out we decided to keep going all in. The Armenian's on offer were a step above and I think that was a contributing factor as to how we did so well this season in the league. In terms of performers. Chand up front was brilliant again after a more subdued performance last season. New signing Grigoryan was a class above from full back and was just setting up goals all over the place. Navneel Ram continued is amazing form from last season and got double digit goals and assists to massively help the side on.

Manager Thoughts

Well finally we are done with Oceania. In the end it took around 21 years to finish off the continent or 7,946 days in total and we managed in 8 countries. OFC1 ended up going a little differently to how I imagined. I expected to get a job in New Zealand and win the Champions League to get the job done here, but I had not really factored that our reputation may not be good enough; so we did it the hard way in New Caledonia and Fiji to finally accumulate enough points to advance to the next stage. In the I am surprised that OFC2 was the easiest. Perhaps we got lucky to win the Champions League when we did with Solomon Warriors and we may have made it look a lot eaiser than it should have been. The hardest stage was probably OFC3, as we had to work hard to get the points there. We finished up in OFC1 on 560 points in the end.

Anyway OFC1 is done and the nations will be unloaded and we now move into Asia with AFC15, which only comprises Guam, Northern Mariana Islands and the Philippines. I think this stage is going to be very hard indeed. I see no way to win any continental competitions so we will need to just find the right club and do well domestically wherever we end up.

Career Summary

ddf153815e2a82a1d7ea1d22162da57f.png

23245715.png.71a42af66e37c2227b62251eb3c03583.png

JM6imj.png.b4cd53dd88ce999a93d94e68f0db63d8.png

Season 2042

22d8f02079f973fd2f9ac33e1e90adac.png

Having completed Oceania, we moved over to Asia and we waited for just over a year until we finally got a job. It was simply a case of waiting for a job to come up and the first real job that came up was Ceres in the Philippines. Ceres had finished in 3rd place but they were favourites for the league being one of the better sides in the country and that was enough to cost the manager his job and give us our first opportunity in Filipino football.

The Philippines has two main competitions. The league is called the Philippines Football League and that is worth 100 points to us and they have a cup competition which has a group stage followed by semi finals and a final called the Copa Paulino Alcantara which will be worth 50 points to us, for a potential total of 150 points in our first season.

When we took over the job on 5th November 2041, the season had just ended so we had all of the pre-season before our first competitive game.

Philippines National League

9351452e3697471b6ddd28f8f77eeeda.png

85c4be23e294465c22050fd98277cc71.png

It is a short league in the Philippines with only 6 teams competing for the title. We started with a draw, but then went on a rampage of wins as we got a commanding lead in the league. As we entered August our form dipped as we picked up a lot of draws along the way, perhaps team were adapting to our system and being a little bit less open at the back against us. In September we suffered our only loss of the season, but by then we had already won the league and in the end we won the league very easily with a 14 point gap at the end. That is 100 points on the board to start off AFC15.

Copa Paulino Alcantara

4d75e90ad07d2908e03e5b2abcedeaa8.png

We were drawn in Group A with Global and Kaya. Our league form had taken a dip so I was a bit worried and this was confirmed in the first game against Global away as we lost 1-0, but we recovered and beat them 3-0 in the return game and a draw and a win against Kaya was enough to book us into the semi finals. In the semi final we faced Aguilas and we narrowly got past them over the 90 minutes, with a goal mid way through the second half.

In the final we played JPV, who were the only team we lost to in the league so I was a little bit wary, but in the end the final was not too difficult as we took a 2 goal lead in the first half and killed the game off late in the second half.

Squad

24a53c35c94d601c248a3dc695413e46.png

7d12c3e047d834894779d442deb20210.png

d0b7ae8f2f5231076086b7f133028385.png

The transfer window was interesting as we looked back to our old club Ba and some of the bad decisions they had made in our absence. They allowed serial goal scorer Viliame Chand to leave the club and we snapped him up straight away, as well another player who previously was at Ba in Ratu Chand, not a star performer for our Ba team but very good nonetheless. 

Viliame Chand hit the ground running and had no problem finding the net in the Philippines much like he had in Fiji. Andrew Javier found a very nice partnership with Chand and got plenty of assists with Chand putting the ball in the back of the net. Michael Parmenes was also superb from the left wing spot and he ended up being the top rating player.

Manager Thoughts

A very nice double to start things off in the Philippines was the dream and we managed to achieve and pick up 150 points to start off the Philippines. I think it makes sense to stay another season at Ceres and then reassess where we are up to. We have qualified for the AFC Champions League but I think winning that competition would be asking for a miracle. So I think one more season and then we will be looking to probably move on at that stage and see what jobs might be available.

Career Summary

9a6c14ccecaed79e760bc4792aba47ed.png

23245715.png.71a42af66e37c2227b62251eb3c03583.png

JM6imj.png.b4cd53dd88ce999a93d94e68f0db63d8.png

Season 2043

AFC Champions League

221a09bc38a30a617c5b41435d312df6.png

Our Champions League campaign last all of one game as we lost in the first game to Samut Prakan City of Thailand, to exit the competition but enter the Confederation Cup.

Confederation Cup

8b8c991abfee502daa165d70813e1fdc.png

bdfbbbc7375359b290093fecb8a17d49.png

The Confederation Cup is split up into a variety of regional groups. We qualified for the ASEAN section. Things did not start well for us as we lost the opener to Yadnarbon of Myanmar 1-0 away. But we did recover with wins against Johor of Malaysia and Visakha of Cambodia. We then drew to Yardarbon and Johor, and this now meant that we would need to win the final group game to progress. We did just that with a 2-1 win in Cambodia to boook a spot in the ASEAN semi final.

Here we played Selengor of Malaysia and we got a narrow win at home and managed to hold off the Malaysian's away with a 1-1 draw to narrowly squeak through to the ASEAN section final. There we would play Ayeyawady United of Myanmar and despite losing the home leg 1-0, we roared back in the second leg with a great performance in Myanmar winning 4-1 and and progressing to the Interzone semi final.

There we would face Samut Prakan City who had knocked us out of the Champions League. We managed to get a home 2-0 win and got a 2-2 draw away to advance to the Interzone Final, or effectively the semi final of the whole competition. Here we played Altyn Asyr of Turkmenistan and despite losing the first leg away 1-0, we were good enough in the return leg to take the match 3-0 and book a place in the final.

We would play Emirati side Al-Ain in the final. They drew home advantage for the game which automatically put us at a disadvantage but despite that we made a very good game of it and after extra time the game had finished 2-2, but we could not win the penalties and unfortunately Al-Ain would lift the Confederation Cup. We had come so close to 250 points but in the end we walk away empty handed.

Philippines Football League

cc1ab960cbb9c3af9f76feb01d596f2c.png

080f8d64224e6066243c36b4e80996df.png

We were very dominant this season in the league and it was pretty obvious from pretty early on that no one was going to catch us and it was really a matter of when we would win the league. We almost went unbeaten but a loss in the final month to JPV denied us that. We walk away with 50 points for the league.

Copa Paulino Alcantara

036f1f6b5572677dad69799626ed7952.png

A long season was probably telling on us and we were not at our best for the competition as we drew two games in the groups but still made it through to the semi final, There we faced Stallion and it was a pretty standard 3-1 win to book a place in the final. However there we could not get the job done as JPV knocked us off 3-2, and we are denied another 25 points for the cup.

Squad

0fb61e25c2a5a43748fc2e562d767ff9.png

It was a very good season again from the boys and we almost came very close to getting a treasure trove of points on the board, but we just fell short in the Confederation Cup and in the Copa Paulino Alcantara unfortunately. Dan Lipardo who I ended up favouring more than Chand up front got himself just under 30 goals this season which is a great return. Andrew Javier and Michael Parmanes were also instrumental this season in our success this season.

Manager Thoughts

We were very close to getting ourselves over 300 points this season, but in the end we had to walk away with just 50, which is really disappointing. I think our time at Ceres is over now as I just think it is such a long shot to get anywhere near winning the Confederation Cup that I don't see it happening. We will move on and see what jobs are available.

Career Summary

6a2a77dc2838c2864b1ce66a8cef910c.png

23404977.png.88bf6f9062e75956f7b884a1817e5f11.png

ksez5Z.png.af2a9dc14e9fd157574de7588ff39c51.png

Season 2044

950c14a33428a46e02fd63fecf68e50f.png

We moved clubs, and we out of work for just under 2 months before we landed the job at Davao Aguilas, league rivals to Ceres. We are still in the Philippines as we move south across the archipelago. The move was a risk because clearly Ceres are the best side in the Philippines but we had diminishing returns and moving to Aguilas gets us back to full points. There were no real other jobs available inside or outside the Philippines so we decided we had to take this job despite the fact that we had been so dominant with Ceres.

eced709a3819038ccd691ea7a1ab421e.png

1cee559545f07a95d8c07376ce4b3fdd.png

We were predicted to finish in 3rd this season but we proved the bookies wrong as we were absolutely brilliant this season as we romped to a league title only dropping four points all season. Very surprised by our performance as I expected Ceres to be very difficult to get past but they finished in 4th and sacked their manager half way through the season. That is another 100 points in the bag.

Copa Paulino Alcantara

6770888f2daa147fcbeb5d75b5e08b75.png

The cup did not go to plan for us, as we got through the group despite a loss and a draw but then came up against Kaya and they knocked us. 50 points down the drain for us unfortunately.

Squad

5cdbcadbc21307d6cd1289d367aeff77.png

d3e48dc82aa4962a20ade797417ca140.png

The team is clearly weaker than the one we had at Ceres but we still had some very good players. Francisco up front is every bit as deadly as the various players we had at Ceres and he got plenty of goals for us. Saad Konneh was a creative force this season. Unfortunately he doesn't want a new contract at the club so we are likely to lose him but he was great for us this season.

Manager Thoughts

Part of me thinks moving on would be a good idea, but then again a shot at the Confederation Cup would be nice, but I can't guarantee it as it involves being knocked out of the Champions League early and I am not going to fix things against my own team to be in that competition. You never know, we could hope for a miracle if we do get the Champions League. Either the continental competition would be a major long shot so it partly makes me think that it may be useful moving. Having said that another Filipino team could only realistically give us 150 points in a season so it wouldn't be enough, so perhaps staying might be best and then moving on at the end of the next season.

Career Summary

627f39be19031f6e076ca3452207072f.png

23404977.png.88bf6f9062e75956f7b884a1817e5f11.png

ksez5Z.png.af2a9dc14e9fd157574de7588ff39c51.png

Season 2045

AFC Champions League

d6e2cb19cff22a60528249ce7207a1f0.png

We played Yangon United of Myanmar and again we only managed the one game in the Champions League as we went out at the first stage losing 2-1.

Asian Confederation Cup

405f4b798d8dfa930e05acfc7c071880.png

8b2698c2a85fd39527abfc3961a45c83.png

bd50e159608fcab464b4a9ebeed3b31f.png

We dropped into the Asian Confederation Cup and were again in ASEAN section. The group stages went very much to plan as we beat Gia Lai of Vietnam in the opener and we continued to have the leadership of the group for the remainder of the group stages. Wins against LC Sailors and Persela of Singapore and Indonesia respectively put us in a dominant position. We would win the remaining games apart from a draw away in Vietnam to qualify for the next stage.

In the next stage we faced more Indonesian opposition against Pahang FA. We got a come from behind win at home against Pahang, which left the tie precarious, but a brilliant away performance put us through as we won 4-2 in Indonesia.

Next up we faced fellow Filipino side JPV. A 4-0 win to start things off in the first leg more or less put us through and a bonkers return leg we managed to win 4-3 to go through 7-3 on aggregate.

In the semi finals we faced Thai giant Buriram United. We got a good result in the first leg in Thailand drawing 1-1 as the Thai side had a man sent off early when they were 1-0 up and we managed to get an equaliser to give us the advantage, but the home leg did not go to plan, we went 2-0 up early and it looked like we were through but two late goals gave Buriram United the draw and the away goals victory as the tie ended 3-3 overall, but crucially they managed to two goals on the Philippines. We were out and any hope of progressing this year to AFC14, were over.

Philippines Football League

96ef5846e1a512fd660572e8efde1bdf.png

5b54338b2dad9f75bf00fd0d91b7a13c.png

We again were very dominant this year. Two early defeats gave me a little bit to worry about but we then went on an amazing winning run that culminated in the title being ours. We did lose another couple of games when it was all said and done but it is another title for ourselves and 50 points for the repeated title win.

Copa Paulino Alcantara

1b1135c3419846ad35861d5daef551f3.png

We entered the cup confident, and we got through the groups without much issue with only 1 loss. We then faced former side Ceres and got the win to book a place in the final. But we did not turn up in the final and JPV took the cup win as we drop the 50 points that I would have taken for winning it.

Squad

0538ca97e465ab892ad2cc730a382427.png

450f1fb932f39f63c0afea75c0a7d5d2.png

25cbc3fced5ec3f7d56d20724489dff7.png

Francisco has upped his game up front and he banged in almost 30 goals this season to be the main threat for the side. Antonio Hilay also had a breakthrough season as he managed almost 30 assists this season and him and Francisco managed to get the best average rating. Those two guys were the standout players this season although again there were some great performances across the season from multiple players.

Manager Thoughts

Well it ended up being quite disappointing. We were very close to a lot of points, but we walk away with just 50 points this season for the league and I think that our time at Davao Aguilas is over. I think we will resign and be looking for another job as we look to get the remaining 150 points left to complete AFC15 and move on to AFC14.

Career Summary

8141f188b22c32082c3af88a6e66f31b.png

23292165.png.26f0f5b7e7bd9cd06d715d6038e4bec4.png

H5E2Xe.thumb.png.895eaa8da97466db5c32b0adf5aa5b58.png

Season 2046

56e0a17996f2fd343b0e28af14e08466.png

We decided to leave Aguilas in the off season and see what other jobs would be available. It just so happened that 3 of the jobs in the Philippines would become available. At first it was Global, and we were close to going there but then Japan Philippines Voltes (JPV) would become available and we would choose to go there instead. The club play their football just outside Manila, so it is another trek up the archipelago for us.

f3c98141cfc21ebe23c4ca47ebd90b57.png

e59f897a3df8e11d9cab1ee565e9273f.png

We had now won the league with two different Filipino clubs and we were looking to do it for a third time. We actually found it very easy, our early season form was brilliant and we only started losing our way a little bit in the late season when the title was all but wrapped up already. In the end we won the league 20 points and we pick up 100 points towards AFC15.

Copa Paulino Alcantara

ff85494fc2c5fff352f32fc2cc878bf7.png

With the league win the Copa Paulino Alcantara win would be enough to complete this rung of the ladder, and we had a good group stage to qualify for the next round. In the semi finals we would face Kaya who had been in our group and we managed to find a way past them to set up a final against our former club in Aguilas. The final was never really close as we got ahead and just kept scoring against Aguilas to eventually win the game 4-1 and collect the final 50 points we needed to complete AFC15

Squad

e4958ae4a55823ffa9f6ee59b6c3b8a5.png

A number of players really hit the heights this year. Leslie Sep our PNG striker was very good bagging 20 goals in the season. Patrick Alvarez in behind the striker found 9 goals and 11 assists this season. Jean-Baptiste Bretrand from the wing also had a great season with 14 goals and 6 assists this season.

Manager Thoughts

Well we finally complete AFC15, and we did it all in the Philippines. It was not planned but it just seemed like the jobs on the archipelago kept coming up more often than those on Guam and the Northern Mariana Islands, and so we end up completing this leg via 3 clubs from the Philippines. Now we will be unloading the AFC15 countries and loading up AFC14 which consists of Pakistan, India, Sri Lanka and the Maldives. Again I don't see much chance of winning a continental competition so we may have to focus on the domestic competitions to get this one done.

Career Summary

757d5a68d44148d163f080b1dd6e5f82.png

40030275.png.8393b1381b132728daa9cb01c311902a.png

kvklQu.png.c00250b2f998a3af2d293b8fd0d131e0.png

Season 2047/48

87fe2fff854069fbf67d2717616059be.png

It was about 9 months out of a job for us as we waited for the countries in AFC14 to load. We first looked like we might be heading to Pakistan to manage there but they took a very long time to come back to us and in the meantime we applied to Real Kashmir and quickly got offered the job meaning that our first post in AFC14 would be in Northern India.

India has three competitions to compete for, the league called the Airtel I-League and two cup competitions in the form of the Durand Cup (which has a group stage followed by knockout format), and the Federation Cup, a straight knockout two legged tournament. The Federation Cup had the highest reputation by quite some bit so that gets the 50 points and the Durand Cup being worth 30 points. The league of course as per normal has the 100 points riding on it.

Real Kashmir were expected to be close to the relegation places, and we immediately had an issue in that we had only about 13 players at the club and it would remain this way for quite some due to when the transfer window finally opened to allow us to sign some more players.

Durand Cup

cee8a61d3336d02818d9b6170b89dc1a.png

The Durand Cup occurs early in the season before the league kicks off, and as mentioned we had a tiny squad to manage with, but we did a great job, ad we won all our group games to book a place in the semi finals of the competition. In the semi final we faced Chennai City and got a nice 2-0 win to book our place in the final.

In the final we faced a titan of Indian football in East Bengal and after taking a 2-0 lead we looked great value for the cup, however East Bengal came back with two goals of their own and force penalties, which we duly lost. Our first 30 points are denied and we lose another final as manager.

Airtel I-League

323a70359d340fa6e78084826d0add2b.png

33398576a7e283af33732a730b7a725e.png

I was expecting it to be a very tough season but it was anything but as we proved the form in the Durand Cup was not a one off and we got off to a flying start in the league. In the end we won the league by a mile with no one getting anywhere near us. That is 100 points in the bag for the league win. The first of our journey through AFC14.

Federation Cup

b1c48534919c6b0147c8a7e09e8b2c4f.png

The Federation Cup occurs after the season has ended so I was confident considering our league performance that we would do well. We first faced Gokulam Kerala and an away draw set up a tight home leg which we managed to narrowly win to reach the semi finals.

In the semi final we faced a tough Mohun Bagan team that had finished in 2nd place in the league. We took a narrow 1-0 win away and ended managing a win away by 3-2, to win the tie 4-2 on aggregate and book a second domestic final this season.

In the final we faced East Bengal again and despite taking an early lead, East Bengal got a goal and forced penalties again. But we managed to banish the loss on penalties in the Durand Cup and hold our nerve as we won the final on penalties and that is another 50 points in the bag.

Squad

c0bf7ee9fdb172e9494692f4c0a112fc.png

8fedc86476bc755bea6b1d1fc23d56d1.png

We have and still have a pretty small squad, but we managed to bring in some faces, specifically some foreign players to bolster the homegrown talent we already had. In Ousman Jobe from Gambia we found a proven goalscorer who knows how to find the net. Bikramjit Negi who was already at the club also played superbly from the attacking midfield postion and was able to find the net 9 times this season. Jessel Shaikh was also a star performer from the wing this season.

Manager Thoughts

A surprisingly successful first season at Real Kashmir as we picked up the league and the Federation Cup, which bring our points total to 150 points after the first season, which is a very nice start for us. We owe it to the team and ourselves to stay at least another season and see whether we can dominate domestically again and perhaps do something in Asian football this coming season.

Career Summary

fa755c707c560c98abd60f1a11cb28e8.png

40030275.png.8393b1381b132728daa9cb01c311902a.png

kvklQu.png.c00250b2f998a3af2d293b8fd0d131e0.png

Season 2049

Durand Cup

f0142da2d6c89f07c3fba2abd4ab65b7.png

We did not have a very good campaign in the Durand Cup as we exited in the Group Stages, the loss to Mohun Bagan being the telling blow to our ambitions, as they progressed and we did not despite winning our two other games. 30 points again up in smoke.

Airtel I-League

96b25c760869652719ced23f3d6472b5.png

e275b05ce5f5b00790ec89dbae4b69a2.png

The league was a tight affair, we were very good for the majority of the season but in the end not good enough as East Bengal took the league by a point from us. The key game came in the fourth from last game as we had the opportunity to put East Bengal behind us with a win against them at home but we lost the game 1-0 and in so doing handed them the title. Very disappointing and we do not repeat the league win and we do not get our 50 points.

Federation Cup

3bd5d92e05f65943d5306bf0c825d0da.png

The Federation Cup did not go well for us again East Bengal the cause of our issues as they beat us in the semi finals. We had a great performance away to beat them 1-0 but they came roaring back winning 4-1 in the second leg and again we are denied.

AFC Champions League

065e2bd85fb86e40c9162a39a96870fe.png

We got through to the third preliminary phase of qualifying where we eventually lost to Iranian side Tractor Sazi. It was always going to be difficult to get past them especially with the draw putting us away, so we drop into the Confederation Cup

Asian Confederation Cup

800e98d65a7c811890dc636c6ee43e5b.png

48933e24d1e330f28bab3b56ff97dd83.png

The Confederation Cup cuts across two season and so far we are looking pretty decent as we got through our group without too many issues, beating Bangladeshi and breakaway league Bengaluru of India.

Squad

I was waiting to see when the games from the Confederation Cup would come along and we slipped into the following season so don't have the stats for this year. Needless to say Ousman Jobe was the top goalscorer and probably the key to our performances this season.

Manager Thoughts

No points this season which is a bit of a disaster. We plan to remain with the club until the start the Confederation Cup is concluded and then look for somewhere new.

Career Summary

f7ef6bcaf7979bd8f0aecbbb468fca2d.png

40030275.png.8393b1381b132728daa9cb01c31

kvklQu.png.c00250b2f998a3af2d293b8fd0d13

End of Season 2049

This is a mini-update for the Durand Cup and the Asian Confederation Cup before we leave the club.

Durand Cup

9ed4ab024d23103225a44cf6144d0f8d.png

The Durand Cup did not go well as lost one, drew one and won one, to exit at the first stage.

Asian Confederation Cup

bd315f1b0243f97addd35c79090e626d.png

We had got through the group stages last time and now we were into the knock out rounds. Firstly we played Altyn Asyr of Turkmenistan and got an away 1-0 win before drawing at home 3-3 to go through narrowly 4-3 on aggregate. Next up was Persija of Indonesia and we had a bad away experience as we lost 3-1 but came right back in the second leg at home winning 3-0.

In the final we played Jordanian opposition in the form of Faisaly and unfortunately for us it was a step too far as they won the game 2-1. We were drawn away which made things much harder. I am sure we might have done better had the game been played in India but in the end we lost and 250 points goes up smoke.

Manager Thoughts

Our time comes to an end at Real Kashmir and in the end this last extended season was a bit of a disaster. We were the nearly men, getting to finals and ultimately losing hopefully at our next club we can get back to our trophy winning ways, but we do not move from the 150 points we have already accumulated.

5627435.png.98bf22f7255714dfa32b18b5c648dacc.png

9QbllB.png.190552b8a6488b6cf684e7cff6833f8d.png

Season 2049/50

6e5aaf4333d5ed5c24b4f17906bb1e90.png

We left Real Kashmir and we were out of a job for precisely 6 days before we were appointed as manager of Maldives outfit Maziya. We were towards the end of the season and the club had decided to part with their manager, which was fortunate for us.

The Maldives has a league and three cup competitions of note. The league is called the Dhivehi League and does have a gimmick, in that there is regular season and then a round robin phase whereby the top 6 play each other and team still on top at the end of this is the Champions. In terms of cups you have the President's Cup a bit like a Super Cup, and the Milo Charity Shield and the Maldives FA Cup. The Maldives FA Cup will be treated as the 50 point cup competition for the country.

Dhiveli League

152ea4f9222e5bb5ae59afdb89e1202b.png

96f2ad0d23f2550deb9227c62bf86339.png

9e5a5d87cac332e9de48e86b5a271458.png

We took over the club in 5th place, which is in the playoff spots and we only had a two games to go before the championship phase. We did get into the championship phase but we were generally poor as we stumbled to several losses and the team looks out of sorts and low on morale which we will need to address next season.

Maldives FA Cup

Milo Charity Shield

President's Cup

Squad

58ea00d7b04493da855ed9f0e89e9a7d.png

No real standout performers as far as I am concerned, we really need to have a look at the transfer window and see where we can improve this side. I am sure that some of these players can be great but at the moment they are out of form and not playing particularly well

Manager Thoughts

No points, but there was no real chances of points this season. We will be targeting as many competitions as possible next season. We have slightly stalled a bit since the trophyless season at Real Kashmir and we need to get back to winning ways. We will still be in the Maldives next season, we just joined so we will be looking to see if we can be successful at Maziya.

Career Summary

38312bf2359bfa57d0d23d0c1e3ce669.png

5627435.png.98bf22f7255714dfa32b18b5c648dacc.png

9QbllB.png.190552b8a6488b6cf684e7cff6833f8d.png

Season 2050/51

Dhivehi League

7b541be761b9a77f27c4470270555066.png

807dd49fe5aa18d9a912c9d5d8435358.png

da81484963ffe54534ba8495d157b1af.png

Our goal was to get this club back on track and our league form showed that we managed to do that as we stormed the league and had the league won one game after the championship phase. We only lose twice in the whole season and were unbeaten through the championship phase. That is 100 points added to our total and it is very nice to be back earning some points after a barren year.

Milo Charity Shield

194ed1148c4ad3de67ba33c374c62872.png

The Charity Shield went perfectly to plan this season as we turned over Foakaidhoo in the 1st Round and Green Streets in the Quarter Final to reach the semi finals. In the semi finals we faced BG Sports a team from the lower divisions and we beat them pretty easily to set up a final with Nilandhoo, a newly promoted side to the top division who had had a good season. In the final however they were no match for us as we battered them 5-0. We pick up 30 points for the Milo Charity Shield win.

Maldives FA Cup

ba6d5a85cc804c77fd8f7174b59fa160.png

In the FA Cup, we first beat STELCO, Maldives Steel & Electric Company in the first round, then Da Grande SC, to reach the semi final. We played Victory in the semi finals and it was a tough match but we found two late goals to win the game 3-1. In the final we played Vyansa who had finished second in the league behind us. It was a pretty exciting game for the neutral as it ended 2-2 on full time and 3-3 after extra time. Unfortunately penalties proved our undoing again as we lost out and lost out on 50 points.

Squad

f22478e87e6382197f99a81483033000.png

701fcbd95684f52608e3748e46584bf2.png

We delved into the transfer market in a big way and we got in plenty of new players for the season as I felt we needed to bolster the squad. The main guys for us this season were Dennis Wafula, who came in half way through the season from Kenya, and ended up our top goalscorer as he picked up 18 goals in 16 games. Mauroof Rameez was the creative force behind the side as he picked up 16 assists this season. Mohamed Rasheed was also critical picking up plenty of goals from midfield. Bahajath Abdulla was also a key player in defence this season and was key to keeping the goals out of our goal.

Manager Thoughts

A good season for us. Not perfect as we lost the FA Cup, but still very good and it is 130 points picked up to bring our total for AFC14 to 280, and we are past the halfway point. I think it makes sense to stay at Maziya one more season despite the reduced points because we should be participating in the President's Cup next season and hopefully we can win the FA Cup for the full points that that would give us next season. I think if we are successful then we will look to move on at the end of next season.

Career Summary

a7ff7ae451100704ef42395ac7cf0248.png

5627435.png.98bf22f7255714dfa32b18b5c648

9QbllB.png.190552b8a6488b6cf684e7cff6833

Season 2051/52

President's Cup

3695729c0251e6c46c2a2422799406c6.png

The President's Cup was the first chance for silverware and we managed to pull off the win eventually in extra time, as we get 30 points on the board early in the season.

Dhivehi League

260c7f68a6bb33f01fc17c173743419d.png

73b7d1717ccd2c091410a1f15740032a.png

a725e46796782599a551dca60643a845.png

Our league performance was very dominant this year as we went the entire season unbeaten and had the league won very early on into the championship phase. We look to be dominating the other teams in the league as we build on last seasons win. We pick up 50 points for the 2nd league title with Maziya.

Milo Charity Cup

099b6e650f24493f339245f625d9702e.png

We started off our defence with AYL and that was an easy 4-0 win. We then moved on to Mahibadhoo from the lower divisions and got past them 2-0. In the semi final we had more lower league opposition in VB Sports and we found it easy to break them down and won easily 5-1. The final was our first real test in the competition as we faced Foakaidhoo, but in the end we were pretty comfortable as we took a 2-0 lead, before they pulled a goal back and we sealed things off late on to win the game 3-1. This competition is only worth 15 points as we already won it last season.

Maldives FA Cup

f0ada6e865d073aa2013f9525b087306.png

The FA Cup was the competition that I really wanted to win because of the points on offer. We started up against lower league BG Sports and found it tough going, fortunately we got an early goal and that was the way it stayed in a 1-0 win. In the 2nd Round we faced Valencia that had caused problems in the past but not this time around as we beat them quite easily 3-0. In the Quarter Finals we were expecting a tough game against Foakaidhoo but it was a blowout as we battered them 6-1. In the semi finals there was lower league opposition as we played Hafman Sports, and that was another one sided result for us as we ran out 5-1 winners.

In the final we played Eagles, and again I expected a tough tie, but it was pretty easy for us as we ran out 3-0 winners and that means another 50 points for us.

Asian Confederation Cup

b25b9494275e25d1f7ed01060dc43f46.png

b95f4d44c761ef89352e9850d7c61970.png

This competition is only part of the way through because it runs between season but it is going well for us. We first faced the Water and Power Development Authority of Pakistan and beat them easily over two legs 9-1 on aggregate. Next up was Sheikh Russell of Bangladesh and the away leg was a 2-2 draw but we got through as we came through at home 4-1. This allowed us passage to the South Group of Asian Confederation Cup.

We were drawn against Gokulam Kerala of India, Habib Bank Limited of Pakistan and Abahani Dhaka of Bangladesh. So far we have played two games against Gokulam Kerala and Habib Bank and have two wins from our first two games and I expect easy passage to the next round.

Squad

d89848366bc9d23dcf6ec065e73c86be.png

8937261c62edc921b0563805f8ddbfb5.png

Some superb performances this season from the boys. Dennis Wafula has been absolutely lethal for us up front grabbing 42 goals in 35 appearances for us, as we was the instrumental figure in our success. Mauroof Rameez is not far behind, being the creative force behind him. Hussain Saleem from the right wing as also been in the goals and assists with 16 and 14 respectively. I could go on and pick out several more players, but to say I am very happy with the team is an understatement, we have been superb this season.

Manager Thoughts

Well we are now very close to passage from AFC14. We are 75 points short. If we managed to win all domestic trophies next year we would be a few points short of the total, but winning the Confederation Cup would smash us through the 500 point barrier. I think it makes sense to take advantage of what we have created here and get as many points as we can. If we fail to win a few competitions domestically and are still 50 or so points short then we may look to move on at the end of next season but if we are close or within in just a few points, it might even make sense to remain for the next season as that you would expect would get us over the line. We will play it by ear depending on where we get to, but at moment, I have no immediate plans to walk away.

Career Summary

cc3c5c0b2e2981f273f3c46688fd8c9f.png

2052/53 Season

President's Cup

c4cddc59eff59fe3f4dad1b5dbed5d36.png

We started off the season in the best way possible as we beat Valencia in the President's Cup in an easy 6-2 win to capture another 15 points towards AFC14.

Dhivehi League

951891593d0d74f4e5f693e1c7559525.png

7741bee2621cbd47f3f88d57d79dd7f9.png

673df1d4b89702749ba1ecb2f7703c9f.png

The league, which has quickly become our playground, was no issue again for us this season as we went unbeaten to claim another league title way before the end of the season. That is another 25 points in the bag for us towards AFC14.

Milo Charity Sheild

ef4a8368d294469bfc67514d42c0c7d4.png

The Milo Charity Shield started off for us with a nice win over Eagles 3-0 in the 1st Round, then a 2-0 win over United Victory in the Quarter Finals. We then faced what should have been a tough encounter against Green Streets but it ended up being a one sided beatdown for us as we won the game 5-1. In the final we faced lower league side Mahibadhoo, and again it was another beatdown there as we claimed the Charity Sheild again. This win was only worth 7 points to us due to the diminishing returns of having won it three times now.

Maldives FA Cup

9638e37df7e282a0a6726c8d32e9ba4f.png

The Maldives FA Cup saw us kick off against Victory in the 1st Round and they were no match for us as we won out 7-0 winners. In the second round we faced lower league Red Line and again the score was one sided as we won 4-0. In the Quarter Finals we had a tough against Nilandhoo, who had proved to be a tough league side for us since they were promoted last season, but we narrowly got the win 2-1. In the semi final we faced AYL and got an easy win 3-0 to advance to the final.

In the Final we faced Eagles and it was not really a close match as we beat them rather easily on the day 3-1. This win gives us another 25 points.

Asian Confederation Cup

637aeb1269b757ea0ccb44b9920513e9.png

58bb3496e4fc8718a6042192c0ca71b1.png

The Confederation Cup cuts across our season, and so we have both the last tournament, where last time we were pretty much through the group stages, and the start of the new tournament.

In the last tournament we were searching for the 250 points that would send us on AFC13. The remaining 4 group games were easy enough for us as we dispatched all comers to win all four games and qualify from our group. We then went on to the Interzone Playoff Semi Final where we faced Port of Thailand. It was a tough bought at home as we only managed a 2-2 draw, but we were superb in Thailand and got a 4-0 win to advance to the Interzone Final. In the final we played Kuktosh of Tajikistan and it was a one sided affair as we beat them 5-0 in Tajikistan and 5-2 in the Maldives to advance to the final.

In the final we had home advantage against Iraqi side Al-Zawra'a but we could not get the better of them on the night as they ran out 3-1 winners and we lost another Confederation Cup Final as a manager.

The Confederation Cup back pretty soon after it had ended and we got through the preliminary rounds without much issue 10-0 on aggregate against Bhutan side Thimpu City and Nepalese side Ranipokhari Corner 7-1 on aggregate. This drew us in the South Group for the tournament, where we would faced Mohun Bagan of India, Bashundhara Kings of Bangladesh and Khan Research Laboratories of Pakistan. A win against Mohun Bagan and Bashundhard Kings sets us up nicely to advance to the next round when we return to Confederation Cup football next season.

Squad

4a53ac6575d13a3dc48513971e410c27.png

Dennis Wafula has continued to be a goalscoring maestro in the Maldives, as he bagged himself 40 goals this season to go with the 43 last season. Mauroof Rameez has continued to improve and got an incredible 32 assists this season and the best average rating at the club. Abdulla Rameez Waheed also got himself 20 goals this season and Ismail Niyaz got 17 goals from centre back, so it has been a fantastic team performance this season.

Manager Thoughts

So a pretty perfect season, with one sour note being the loss in the Asian Confederation Cup where again we lost. We now have 497 combined points for this rung of the ladder. So we need just 3 more and these could be had if we manage to win the President's Cup. So the goal will be to stay on at Maziya and hopefully kill things off in the President's Cup. If not we will have to play the majority of next season until we are able to win something and I am confident we will win something next season. Any tournament at this stage is enough with just 3 points left to go.

Career Summary

7725a8af47aa4de6334a71d0b3bcb027.png

Season 2053/54

President's Cup

a9915e53fcaaa72d2454a86f032d35bc.png

We faced off against Vyansa in our first opportunity to finish off AFC14 and we took our chance as we won the game 4-1 to lift the President's Cup and take 7 points.

Manager Thoughts

We have finally finished off AFC14 with those final 7 points, putting us on 504 points and enough to move on to AFC13. We managed to complete AFC14 via India and the Maldives in the end. Our run at Maziya managed to resurrect a bit of faultering campaign at Real Kashmir where we won nothing in our second season. We now unload the AFC14 countries and will be loading up AFC13 which is Nepal, Bhutan, Mongolia and North Korea.

Career Summary

e94680a957c47a116d8650b246a2eb76.png

134889.png.139300d83520dba4ad3ef82b15467c92.png

tb3BqJ.thumb.png.70a7d7e9406a3030cba232d2bb94f07a.png

Season 2053/54

c049ae605939036e277de490b3cafcab.png

We were out of job for around 9 months while the leagues loaded and eventually we found our way to Nepal and Manang Marsyangdi. The Nepalese season was coming to close and so we really just need to steer the club to a safe position. We picked up the club in 8th place.

In Nepal from what I can see there are two main competitions. The Martyr's Memorial A-Division, the main league competition, worth 100 points to us and the Aaha Gold Cup, the main cup competition of Nepal worth 50 points to us.

Martyr's Memorial A-Division

daa2a489a4a4a05539aa7bd85170c1ac.png

d70414099ec564e2946852d0ebd18d88.png

Our first game was on the 7th of March and we went on an amazing run from taking over the club as we won game after game to propel the club up the league. When we faced Machhindra FC close to the end of the season we had a chance to close the gap to three points and give ourselves a slim chance of winning the league, we did win and so into the final day we needed a big win and to hope that they lose. We only managed a draw against Jhapa so our league ambitions ended there. Machhindra got a draw anyway so it would have been immaterial. But it has been a great first little period for us as manager and I am very confident going into next season that we will be very competitive.

Aaha Gold Cup

Already knocked out when we arrived at the club.

Squad

a05199146495f7adeedb501005e12603.png

Not a huge amount of standout players here, the club were not doing well for most of the season but improved once we came in so it is to be expected that the rating are not amazing. Bal Gopal Thapa at centre back was good, as was Laxman Gurung from fullback. Up front Mohan Shrestha looks handy and was the top goal scorer and assist maker for the club

Manager Thoughts

A good first little spell in front of the club and we will be back next season looking for more. We did not pick up any points but under the circumstances that were presented that is to be expected in all honesty. I think next season we should be in the points hopefully if things don't go drastically south from our current form.

Career Summary

a6f21283791bf1cbc75684c0ad90faf8.png

134889.png.139300d83520dba4ad3ef82b15467c92.png

tb3BqJ.thumb.png.70a7d7e9406a3030cba232d2bb94f07a.png

Season 2054/55

Martyr's Memorial A-Division

aeb83927a30ee30bdc3305b243e05b84.png

de3c32efb5a469fe0ef97ceb96757236.png

Well it was a pretty amazing season, we lost a lot of players in the transfer window, which were poached by other clubs and we were predicted to finish in 13th place, which was worrying but we reacted superbly and we looked in the early season as if we would walk the league. Towards the end of the season things became a lot harder for the team and we Tribhuvan Army looked great and were catching us up and eventually went past us in the league. Our penultimate game was against Tribhuvan Army and we needed to win to go back above them, and we got we got a big win. However the job was not yet done and playing Ranipokhari Corner away, we needed to win to ensure that we won the league. However we lost and I thought our goose was cooked as far as the league was concerned but Tribhuvan Army lost to Himalayan Sherpa at home and we had one the league on the final day despite the loss. We pick up 100 points to kick of AFC13.

Aaha Gold Cup

7a6db9a38c36ef2487f23bc5ca4e0d55.png

We looked good in the cup this season. We started off against Jhapa and got a nice 3-1 win away. We would be away again for the Quarter Final as we faced New Road and again we got an impressive win 3-0 this time around. In the semi final at home to Friends we repeated the feat winning 3-0 this time at home to book ourselves a place in the final. The final was against Himalayan Sherpa and I was expecting a tough tie considering how well they were doing in the league but it ended up being pretty one sided in our favour as we came through 5-0 winners to win the Aaha Cup and another 50 points.

Squad

2e985d373d4e2a061afba7cc2a7b695f.png

cf3eea4706b03897353d6f640ca7635c.png

The transfer window was hectic as we lost several first teamers which we had to replace as well as our general plan to improve the team if we could. In the end we were worse off to be honest after the window and the bookies had us being relegated. It all happened due to the non-contracts that the players are on and this time around our players were very happy to move elsewhere unlike other times we have been in this position. In the end we managed to win the double so the players did well. Although to be honest the ratings were nothing amazing. Santosh Tamang from midfield was a key players and got us the most assists this season. Mohan Shrestha again was the main man up front and got the goals we needed. Bal Gopal Thapa whom we almost lost during the transfer window was key at centre back this season to keep us somewhat solid.

Manager Thoughts

75b5d285daa8f49d8c1f939010966b0f.png

We are now over 60 years old, and our profile is above for reference. I think we may move this season. I don't think we can do much in the Asian competitions at a Nepalese club and the diminishing returns will come into play and I actually think we really overachieved to win the double. So we may try and our chances at another club, as that may be an easier path to points. We do have 150 points though after this season and I am very happy about that.

Career Summary

f2fe48f2ad0c8274aef7d730054967d4.png

1042718.png.5d4f49ffdc9309dffb608254ef7d85e7.png

W2Io8H.png.370f65a7e01fdf4fa0ae448fe7565e7a.png

Season 2054/55

633e1ec1133d1222c6a5d206bb853951.png

We were out of work for about two week as we left Nepal for North Korea and Wolmido. The club were sitting just above the relegation places and the first job was to try and steer to safety with the remainder of the season.

North Korea has two competitons the DPR Korea League, which is the league competition and is worth 100 points to us and the Hweabul Cup which is a little strange in that there is a large group stage, almost a mini league followed by a knockout stage, and that is worth 50 points to us.

DPR Korea League

f685024f2b9c52e3e0093c36732f8382.png

e1af5a580f12545db6bba9252431f522.png

We took over with the club 11th and we managed to work some magic to get us plenty of wins down the stretch to steer us to a respectable 6th placed finish. The squad looks a bit thin and we need an upgrade in quality in several positions but I think we can improve the side and perhaps challenge for the league. 

Hwaebul Cup

fca95986406cbee1e9f6f867cac92262.png

24b179a49c657f7c7aa1f77fcba456de.png

We managed to get through the elongated Hwaebul Cup Group Stage without too many issues as we went undefeated. In the semi finals we got past Pyongyang City with a narrow win but we eventually came unstuck in the semi finals against Amrokkang, so we lose out on a potential 50 points this season, but it was a good first little campaign in the cup.

Squad

1c011be674a32db622a1de1afce38a83.png

It is early days assessing the squad and there were not that many great performances as is normal when the club struggled for two thirds of the season, but Yun Hyong-Chul looks a good winger as does Kim Min-Chol. Kim Ju-Hyok also looks a good midfielder as well. I think it is early days in working out who will work for us and who won't and we still need to work hard in the transfer window to improve the squad where we can.

Manager Thoughts

We have arrived in North Korea for what ended up being a little bit of pre-season in the end as we got acquainted with the players and the club. I think we can push on next season and do better in the league and the cup, and hopefully we can be challenging on all fronts as we look for more points in AFC13.

Career Summary

b5cbcb51b8936cc4b47f489d8c2388cd.png