Custom CONCACAF qualifying problems.

ratio1618

Would you be able to have a look at my file and point out to me where im going wrong? Basically i have the CFU Championship and the North american league acting as a sub continental for Central America and the caribbean. Both run at the same time and are simple. Group stage into play offs. I also have the CONCACAF Champions league which is serving as the continental for USA Mexico and one Canadian team 8 teams in total 4 from Mexico 3 from USA nd 1 Canadian team. This starts AFTER the CFU and NAL. What i want to do, is have 8 teams from NAL and CFU to join into the CONCACAF CL Group stage along side the USA Mexico and Canada. My idea was to get every team that made the quarter finals of both competitions. However when i try to make this work in the editor it doesnt seem to work very well and just fills the extra 8 slots with Mexican teams. Is there any thing you can do to prevent this?

CONCACAF Continental AD v4.fmf

15 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

I need to check what I did with the Iron Curtain build for that, I had a similar issue.

I will hunt down your file and see if i can import/export it and check your changes. If you figure anything out let me know.

18 minutes ago, ratio1618 said:

I will hunt down your file and see if i can import/export it and check your changes. If you figure anything out let me know.

In that case, I am expecting you to show up in my home office as I haven't uploaded that file yet. It did have some errors in it.

Bugger haha yeh i just downloaded your files and they were all DB changes so i am reading the thread page by page tryna find out what i was looking for, guess you just solved that for me. If i had the 16 17 and 18 editor i could MAYBE xml it up to FM20.

But if you live in New Zealand then ill catch a bus with a floppy disk and grab the file with the quarter final secret. I am at wits end with this, it seems to simple in theory but in practice this editor is just so counter intuitive.

I am copying the fate actions and stage team settings from another CONCACAF file that achieved what i wanted ( The caribbean shield winner plays the third place playoff loser in the CFU Club champs) where it would send the winner of a 2 team final to another competition, im thinking the fact it says "winning team" means it only really applies to a 2 team winner/loser situation and the rule fails to fire if there are 4 winners and 4 losers

image.thumb.png.d32dd3f0d41740835e37e0d7e367391c.png

That being said in the Stage > team section, getting "cup round teams" doesnt work either.

Sorry, the Netherlands, that's a nice bus ride and a swim afterwards. I will check for you tomorrow (it's going to midnight here).

But I agree with you, the editor doesn't 'always' do what you expect and unless someone else has seen the same thing happen, it is tough to grasp what exactly is happening.

2 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

Sorry, the Netherlands, that's a nice bus ride and a swim afterwards. I will check for you tomorrow (it's going to midnight here).

But I agree with you, the editor doesn't 'always' do what you expect and unless someone else has seen the same thing happen, it is tough to grasp what exactly is happening.

perhaps you could flick me the final and i can pick over it to see what you have done? I have no interest in plagurising your project i do however really enjoy reading over experienced editors file and seeing how you do it. I still reference Krens files all the time for tips.

Ha ha ha

I checked the file and it does work a bit....

Strangely enough after a few seasons the US teams get replaced by Mexican teams, even though I set the exact winners of the championships. After a few more seasons then suddenly the US teams reappear. Here is a screenshot of how I have set teams.Naamloos.thumb.png.6d683fd86c7df29f6238d22cb5e7dbb7.png

Ah, you found the thread I posted myself. Trouble is that I haven't checked afterwards, so I am not entirely sure if the proposed solution works.

Then again, my mind is scrambled eggs since Corona...

Im legit starting to think that the issue is the actual CONCACAF Default database ID. Ive tried a variation of things for the past almost 48 hours and now i have this 
image.thumb.png.cdf7b2d90a97c3471c8b7f6218f6f882.png

My theory is that because CONCACAF only has Mexico and the USA in the default database the Continental comp ID is perma-broken no matter how many changes you make under the "CONCACAF League"  ID its going to do weird ****.

I think this because after years of having to rebuild the OFC champions league year after year i realized that the lack of representation in the default database makes weird **** happen, couple this with the fact that both Mexico AND the USA have dual conference/Opening and closing stages it will forever refuse to play ball. The editor should not be verifying in advanced even if im hardcore limiting Mexico USA and Canadas to 8 teams whilst trying to pull another 8 teams from sub continental comps, i SHOULD be getting errors but i never do.

My theory is shot down by the fact that CAF only has South africa in the base game yet its Continental comp seems to play ball with any editor file based in Africa, hence why im looking at the complicated nature of CONCACAFs leagues, even Canada has some weird **** going on.

Funnily enough though today i had my file loaded in the editor and decided to run an in-editor test and loaded up my 3 leagues and Mexico and the USA and when i tested in editor it actually gave me and error saying it only found 2 teams of 12? This could be purely because the in-editor test only has the default leagues to draw upon therefore wasnt correctly entering Caribbean and Central American teams? I dunno. Regardless after reading this thread and noticing the similarities of the problem it seems evidant that the CONCACAF CL is just broken. As long as you are trying to make Continental rules under the ID of the CONCACAF CL it will forever flood with Mexican or USA teams and will never pull teams correctly.

There is no reason why having these fate actions in a semi final to grab 4 of my 8 teams ( i have the same set up in my NAL league)
image.thumb.png.0a842501fe42a1ed5388297b7123db2d.png

As well as having this in the CONCACAF "teams section" for the group stage

image.png.5621196a37a88bf85804e2e506e4fc11.png

Would lead to the first image. I shouldnt even be able to verify the file if the first two qualification rules arent working because how the hell does the editor think its ok to only have 8 teams out of 16? Its literally pulling another 8 teams out of its ass.

Im literally at wits end. I dont wanna have to recreate a new CONCACAF CL then manually re-enter the rules to correctly get EVERY team from the Caribbean and Central America just to have it flood with USA or Mexican teams.

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!

21 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

Ah, you found the thread I posted myself. Trouble is that I haven't checked afterwards, so I am not entirely sure if the proposed solution works.

Then again, my mind is scrambled eggs since Corona...

I just noticed that you are using the "qualified teams" section instead of entering teams into stages directly. Do you think this is more effective? Do you have any rules entered into the "teams" section of a stage?

Edited by ratio1618

No, I have only set the qualified teams. I am running a test now, to see how it performs after the change from the other thread. Don't know if it fixed the issue.

Will let you know if the test has run for a while.

3 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

No, I have only set the qualified teams. I am running a test now, to see how it performs after the change from the other thread. Don't know if it fixed the issue.

Will let you know if the test has run for a while.

So you have literally NOTHING in this section for any stage?

editor_aILFemEvr4.thumb.png.6494a6e69f3e84ba89c99d1bf0a835dc.png

Godspeed hopefully it runs clean. If it does all i would need to do is find out a way to grab 2 sets of 4 semi finalists from my other 2 competitions and have them enter the CONCACAF group stage.

I have that part filled still, but looking at how I have worked out qualification for the Concacaf Champions Cup, Copa Interclubes Centroamericana and Caribbean Club Championship it is not necessary.

All championships are populated via the teams tab under the specific championship.

2 minutes ago, ratio1618 said:

So you have literally NOTHING in this section for any stage?

editor_aILFemEvr4.thumb.png.6494a6e69f3e84ba89c99d1bf0a835dc.png

Godspeed hopefully it runs clean. If it does all i would need to do is find out a way to grab 2 sets of 4 semi finalists from my other 2 competitions and have them enter the CONCACAF group stage.

It says there, lowest seeded qualified teams 8, the 8 teams I specified at the other place.

Just now, Wolf_pd said:

It says there, lowest seeded qualified teams 8, the 8 teams I specified at the other place.

Yeh i was wondering that. The makes everything far more cleaner for me. Set seeding in "qualified teams" then just use one option to pull teams into whatever stage i want.

It sucks cause ive been dicking around for 2 days just to see if i am able to correctly pull semi finalists from one comp and insert them into another.

Looks valid to me. Alternatively you could for winner from competition, runner up from competition, third placed of competition like I did, but it should (emphasis on should) make no difference).

Sorry for spam @Wolf_pd im using you as a wall to bounce off my train of thought . 

I turned on the option to show seeding IN GAME and despite my current settings using "qualified teams" not letting the competition to start this is what my "seeding" shows

image.thumb.png.0c0735bd45593f7abc7e32b6d99db99e.png

Something is happening there, 50% of what i wanted and still not working but its a creak of light.

1 minute ago, Wolf_pd said:

Looks valid to me. Alternatively you could for winner from competition, runner up from competition, third placed of competition like I did, but it should (emphasis on should) make no difference).

I will do that when if i can get it to fill right. But at the moment im just using the cups for Mexico and the USA so i can avoid issues with Opening stages and Western conferences and ****. Im just trying to force only 3 teams from the USA and mexico maximum.

Regardless when i enter "lowest qualified seeded teams" into the stage >team section and loaded it up in FM the comp failed to run and i get faced with this "error" i get usually when its not getting the right teams 
image.thumb.png.6c726cd12df3771298564424b36b9caa.png

48 minutes ago, ratio1618 said:

Sorry for spam @Wolf_pd im using you as a wall to bounce off my train of thought . 

I turned on the option to show seeding IN GAME and despite my current settings using "qualified teams" not letting the competition to start this is what my "seeding" shows

image.thumb.png.0c0735bd45593f7abc7e32b6d99db99e.png

Something is happening there, 50% of what i wanted and still not working but its a creak of light.

Looks like it's no coincidence that it only happens for US teams.

2 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

Looks like it's no coincidence that it only happens for US teams.

Yeh its weird its maybe something to do with MLS and Mexican league?

Anywyas in the time between posts i was fiddling around trying to get get competition to actually start using qualified teams and seedings in the stage > teams section. I managed to finally get it to work by removing Canada and asking for 8 teams from the Mexican cup and 8 teams from the USA Cup (while keeping the rules for the extra 8 teams from my CFU and NAL leagues) I wound up with 4 teams from the USA and the rest were mexican teams whilst also showing 5 teams from my CFU and NAL leagues in the seeding section that werent in the competition.

When i had my normal set up of 3 USA 3 Mexican and 2 Canadian teams as well as my 4 NAL and 4 CFU teams the competition wouldnt fire.

Now im running a test using literally ONLY 8 teams from USA and 8 teams from mexico in the qualified teams section to see if im still going to get a over population from on or the other. If i do there is something busted with either the CONCACAF default or the MLS or Mexican league.

Ran until 2023, Works like expected every season but one. That specific season LAFC won both the US Open Cup and MLS season, which meant the game couldn't pick two US teams and added a third Mexican team (probably based on reputation.

I'll leave it running for a while untill I have 10 seasons at least to check out.

But apart from the situation one team wins both US championships I am Ok i think.

14 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

Ran until 2023, Works like expected every season but one. That specific season LAFC won both the US Open Cup and MLS season, which meant the game couldn't pick two US teams and added a third Mexican team (probably based on reputation.

I'll leave it running for a while untill I have 10 seasons at least to check out.

But apart from the situation one team wins both US championships I am Ok i think.

And that is purely entering teams using the "qualified teams" section and then using what exactly in the stage > Teams?

Can you perhaps take a quick look at my file and see if im doing something glaringly wrong? I know that after the group phase in CONCACAF that stages 1 and 2 are semis > final which doesnt make sense but i was going to tackle that once i got the groups drawing correctly. Also if you really wanna be a extra cool dude you could PM me your file so i can cross reference it.

CONCACAF Continental AD v5.fmf

1 minute ago, ratio1618 said:

And that is purely entering teams using the "qualified teams" section and then using what exactly in the stage > Teams?

Can you perhaps take a quick look at my file and see if im doing something glaringly wrong? I know that after the group phase in CONCACAF that stages 1 and 2 are semis > final which doesnt make sense but i was going to tackle that once i got the groups drawing correctly. Also if you really wanna be a extra cool dude you could PM me your file so i can cross reference it.

CONCACAF Continental AD v5.fmf 17.28 kB · 0 downloads

Will look at your file later today (at work atm).

I can send you the file, just realise that it is not usable in game as there are some interdependencies with other files.

Will look at your file later today (at work atm).

I can send you the file, just realise that it is not usable in game as there are some interdependencies with other files.

Oh i know that i just wanna look at the work in the editor and compare it to my file, just compare section to section.

IM assuming that your set up for CONCACAF is a Quarter final > Semi final  > final or something. Thats all i need to know, PM me the file when you can bro. its 11pm here and im like 7 beers deep. Weird to think people are working atm.

You should have mail.

Got it bruv, just going to run a couple more tests on my file then get stuck into reading yours. Have a look at mine when you can it would mean alot.

Spent way too long looking at damn American football.

1 minute ago, ratio1618 said:

Spent way too long looking at damn American football.

It has peculiarities that are interesting, but also hellish on the editor.

3 minutes ago, ratio1618 said:

its worse than OFC which i never thought i would say.

Yeah, considering size and status you wouldn't expect that.

I will let you know if I see things to change to the file.

CHRIST ON A BIKE I GOT IT TO WORK (sorta)
image.thumb.png.ddc45fb961e194253565bc254bcc12af.png

What i learnt is that you cant use "losing team" here in fate actions for stage like a quarter final or a semi final with multiple winners and losers.

image.thumb.png.5ca51d586be84a0783e1b2e736ce1e58.png

For some reason it nullifies the entire fate action rule set for qualification, so instead i made the 4 winners from each of my quarter finals move into my "CONCACAF CL" which out of my paranoia that the default CONCACAF comp is broken/hardcoded i moved to the "Campeones cup" which i then just set up a "qualified teams from comp" thing leading into a lowest seeded qualified teams in the stage > teams section

image.thumb.png.697a497171abbe9e1958faf4756b880a.png

After this i only ran into issues when trying to pull in the USA and Mexico teams ironically. The whole West/east conference/Supporters shield/MLS cup stuff AS WELL as the Mexicos stupid Opening and Closing stages make easily getting the best 4 teams from each comp a massive pain in the ass. This is now making me consider totally remaking Mexico and the USA league and making them more European perhaps Canada as well, purely just to make sure im getting the top 3 teams from Mexico and the USA and 2 best from Canada.

But regardless with @Wolf_pds help using some better methods to pull teams and finding a potential bug in the editor i got it to work.

SO LET IT BE KNOWN, ONLY USE THE LOSING TEAM FATE ACTION IF ITS A 2 TEAM FINAL IT DOES NOT WORK FOR STAGES WITH MULTIPLE LOSERS/WINNERS

Also using the editor to try and make Continentals work with USA and Mexico is like clamming your head against a wall and you are better off making the MLS and Mexican league a single bloody league and get rid of that Weirdo **** that the 2 best league in North america seem to wanna use to be weird hipsters, leave that **** to South America PORTLAND TIMBERS you aint special. North America made me bothered beyond belief and i would not have sex with it.

Edited by ratio1618

Seriously, relax :D

Anyway, good to see you get it to work.

For your information, I ended my testrun after 14 seasons, with a few errors in picking teams, which had to do with the US team doing the double. So based on your file, I got the simple hint how to pick the next team then. So thanks for that.

Every run in Advanced rules is a learning experience have to say :D

All work and no play makes jack a angery angery boy.

Hey did you know that no matter what you do Inter Miami and Nashville will ALWAYS move to the MLS. North America is so hardcoded.

But yeh im relaxed now that i have a semi direct way of making my thing work, i just gotta either boot Inter Miami and Nashville from my comp or recreate them and have default badges. Im sure Mexico wont be such a ***** to manipulate so im at the hardest bit now.

Also thats good to hear that my toiling in this LOVELY advanced editor has brought you some solutions too, makes it all worth it. I will add however what i had entered in that screenshot for the USA was literally picking random teams with very little correlation to who won what. Seemed more like an OFC hardcoded reputation thing. :)

Anyways if you know anything about how to rid Inter Miami and Nashville of their proclivity to force join the MLS that would be awesome :)

Edited by ratio1618

@Wolf_pd

Im ****ing done, good god.

Got all the right teams pulling and everything runs perfectly. All i had to do was gank a file from a user here and then recreate Mexico and it works great. im done with North America and i can finally start my Hexagon. What a loopy hell ride.

Thanks for putting up with me bruv, you are a bloody legend.

• 6 months later...