9 subs allowed

wellerp

The pre-game editor allows for this if you go into the rules of the league and edit there. Not anywhere near an expert in that but have seen (in looking at other people's databases they have put out into the world) that in that section there are multiple sub options available

You will have to create advanced rules. Not because it is an advanced rules option, but because you can't change anything from an existing competition at basic level.

Post your file and I will take a look. For the Iron Curtain I have redone all English leagues without issues (setting them to 3 from 5), so I have a general idea where to look for.

1 hour ago, wellerp said:

The way you've done it for the Premier League is the way you need to do it for all the other leagues. So for the Championship you need to go to Stage 0 > League Settings and edit the rules there (for the league stage) and then Stage 1 > Round Defaults (for the playoffs). Then you need to do the same thing for all of the other leagues.

As an aside, there are multiple versions of League 1 and 2, so you can either add Bury back into League 1 and just edit the defaults, or you can edit all of the different versions of both competitions. Not adding a 24th team to League 1 could mean that the game gets stuck with 23 teams in League 1 indefinitely.