Anyone had this happen?

Playing as Real Betis, 9th season. My captain and vice-captain both left the squad at the end of the season. Trying to name a new captain, but no matter who I choose, it upsets 8-9 of my players. How do I pick someone without wrecking team morale?

I have never had this happen, but if you are 9 seasons into the save, you should have enough reputation to quell any unrest and tell that squad that it is your decision and they will have to accept it.  Make sure the chosen captain is in the leadership group and you should be able to get round it.

I've now tried 11 different players, and the other 10 all wind up with poor morale. Weird thing is that they're all fine with my vice captain choice, but get upset if I make him captain. Probably going to go with the assistant manager's third choice, as he's the most veteran starter, and has good determination and work rate, albeit just a 13 in Leadership.

2 hours ago, Etebaer said:

Are the Players upset or simply goes the morale down?

Bcs i have often a short stint of low morale when chosing an new captain but it goes up to bright green very fast usually.

Morale goes down.

23 hours ago, RCCook said:

Playing as Real Betis, 9th season. My captain and vice-captain both left the squad at the end of the season. Trying to name a new captain, but no matter who I choose, it upsets 8-9 of my players. How do I pick someone without wrecking team morale?

You are the boss, so you should pick the player that you consider to be best for the job and the rest of the squad will just have to get used to it- it wont be an issue if you are firm.