Total 3D Players in 3D Game (FIFA/PES style) {Discussion}

6Times

I would really like to see a potential match engine feature in FM where, for those who choose 3D match viewing, they can see the actual players' faces like you would on TV. Even if it would take a few years for an implementation of this, I feel it would be a major step forward. Even if it would only work with clubs which work with SI (Watford, AFC Wimbledon), it would still be a big change and could put FM into the chase against games like FIFA or PES (FIFA has PC version). For the sake of needing a name, the FIFA match engine style of showing the entire players' faces and bodies will be referred to as "full 3d".

To answer the question about who it would be used on, here is a potential list:

• Clubs affiliated with SI (Wathord, AFC W., etc)
  • Clubs with at least x regen players starting (if I put out an entire regen team, then the match engine could then full utilize a full 3d game as the game has the full regen body)
  • Clubs with at least x regen staff and a 3d manager body
  • If a regen is taking a throw, switch to full 3d
  • and any combination of the above 

The above conditions can make a full 3d match engine to greatly improve realism (and fight against FIFA/PES).

For those who are worried that the game would be too slow/choppy because of the high graphics, this can be avoided by having a "Fully animated 3d match engine" checkbox. I feel that an inclusion of this could greatly improve the game in the future. 

@6TimesI would like that when we watch a match record in the "View match" mode of the main menu that we can move the camera in any angle, and move in height in width etc, to be able to zoom etc ... 1:45

I think PES and fifa are still too high but they can be inspired by this game 

Entrance cinematics, direction change animation with the ball; tricks etc ... cinematics when you win a titles

Edited by destmez

Some cinematics would be nice. Big games, transfers, press conferences, UCL draws, transfer deadline, etc. It would serve to change the monotonous rhythm of the game a little.

They should be deactivated from the profile perhaps because many people wouldn't like them.

In the recent editions they added some, but they are made with the game engine itself. That's a mistake because the result is so crappy. It's a problem that even big ones like GTA or Skyrim have committed. The cinematics have to be video.

Even don't need high quality or realistic graphics.

@destmez The video you linked is exactly what I was thinking of. Adding that would bring a lot more realism to the game. And to your second post, yes. Even if it only works with certain clubs/nations (Watford, AFC Wimbledon), they could simply add a way for players to add their own 3d-packs (like logopacks/facepacks). Even if they didn't add any with the base version and required the player to add their own, it would be a huge step.

• 2 months later...