Help creating a "B" plan

Hi, 

i would like some advice on how tweak my tactic to get a little bit more attacking.

In my current save this tactic is working very well. I'm playing with Benfica, top of the league, with 13 wins from 13 games.

But, my recent games are getting harder to win. My last 4 wins were all from 1-0 or 2-0, and usually with goals coming from setpieces.

Screenshot_20200409-101520.thumb.jpg.208f3b37140cb37a7fdec6dd3ddb7f41.jpg

My right inverted winger as instructions to cross more and to stay wider, while my left inside forward as instructions to sit narrow. I also use a slipt block, many times talked by @Experienced Defender, with my top 3 guys and my attacking center midfielder to press more.

This is the tactic that i start every game, home or away, against weak or stronger opponent. Then i tweak,,, for example against a stronger oponnent i usually drop the counter-press instruction, and change my left fullback to a fullback on attack and my right inverted winback to a defense duty.

As i said, in my recent games, is getting hard to win, so i usually try this tweaks (not at the same time):

Tweak 1: change attacking width to wider, cnange LOE to higher

Tweak 2: change mentality to attacking, change LOE to higher, change the right IW(s) to a W(s)

Tweak 3 (desperation mode): change mentality to very attacking, change LOE to higher, add the get stuck in instruction, change the right IW(s) to a W(a), go away from the computer and return when the game is over.

I keep winning, but with a sense that luck is having a big part in my sucess.

So, could someone please give some advice on how to tweak the tactic, so that it will score more, in particulary against those "park the bus" teams.

3 hours ago, Keyzer Soze said:

Screenshot_20200409-101520.thumb.jpg.208f3b37140cb37a7fdec6dd3ddb7f41.jpg

The tactic itself looks pretty good, I would only look to add some width on the right flank (either by changing the IW into winger or the IWB into WB). 

In terms of instructions, you can try with the Work ball into box because it usually works well in tandem with the Be more expressive (these 2 TIs can counterbalance potentially negative effects of each other). I assume your players are good enough to play that way. 

16 minutes ago, Experienced Defender said:

The tactic itself looks pretty good, I would only look to add some width on the right flank (either by changing the IW into winger or the IWB into WB). 

In terms of instructions, you can try with the Work ball into box because it usually works well in tandem with the Be more expressive (these 2 TIs can counterbalance potentially negative effects of each other). I assume your players are good enough to play that way. 

I tend to see the WBIB more like a "keep possession" instruction and not so much a instruction to help to score more. I could be wrong, but when i reach the 70' minute, and still with a 0-0 score, adding a instruction that will lower the amount of shots and crosses.... it just don't make much sense to me. But perhaps with higher mentalities will help to prevent everybody trying to shoot from anywhere.

I didn't remember the idea to change the IWB(s) into WB(s) because i have the CM(a) in the same side, but it could work to help open those close defenses.

Another question, if you could help.

Rafa, is usually my number one choice for the left winger position. Is natural plaing as a IF(s), but, so far is underperfoming. He only score 3 goals and he is usually the player with lower average rating.  Any idea how can i improve his game? 

I already instruct him to sit narrow so that he will be closer to the box. i could add the roam from position instruction, but i think with the be more expressive instruction theres no need. Any thoughts?

2 hours ago, Keyzer Soze said:

I tend to see the WBIB more like a "keep possession" instruction and not so much a instruction to help to score more. I could be wrong, but when i reach the 70' minute, and still with a 0-0 score, adding a instruction that will lower the amount of shots and crosses.... it just don't make much sense to me. But perhaps with higher mentalities will help to prevent everybody trying to shoot from anywhere

I was talking about the WBiB in tandem with Be more expressive, not alone. 

I didn't remember the idea to change the IWB(s) into WB(s) because i have the CM(a) in the same side, but it could work to help open those close defenses

I personally would rather change the IW into winger and keep the IWB, but anything that would add a bit more width should be useful. 

Another question, if you could help.

Rafa, is usually my number one choice for the left winger position. Is natural plaing as a IF(s), but, so far is underperfoming. He only score 3 goals and he is usually the player with lower average rating.  Any idea how can i improve his game? 

I already instruct him to sit narrow so that he will be closer to the box. i could add the roam from position instruction, but i think with the be more expressive instruction theres no need. Any thoughts?

I would have to see his profile first. But if the team as a whole play well and your results are good, I really would not be concerned about a single player. 

He as this traits:

Uses outside of foot

Gets crowd going

Like to beat man repeatedly

Run with ball often

Cuts inside from left wing 

Could "like to beat man repeatedly" and "run with ball often" be causing this? 

39 minutes ago, Keyzer Soze said:

He as this traits:

Uses outside of foot

Gets crowd going

Like to beat man repeatedly

Run with ball often

Cuts inside from left wing 

Could "like to beat man repeatedly" and "run with ball often" be causing this? 

I was asking for a screenshot of his player profile (with attributes and everything), not just his traits. 

When it comes to "like to beat man repeatedly", I personally don't like when a player has this trait, no matter how good a dribbler he might be. I prefer players who dribble in a progressive manner. 

23 minutes ago, Experienced Defender said:

I was asking for a screenshot of his player profile (with attributes and everything), not just his traits. 

When it comes to "like to beat man repeatedly", I personally don't like when a player has this trait, no mathow good a dribbler he might be. I prefer players who dribble in a progressive manner. 

Here it is...

Screenshot_20200409-223350.thumb.jpg.a7ff2b21dafa63e5b31343078e23e436.jpg

3 minutes ago, Keyzer Soze said:

Screenshot_20200409-223350.thumb.jpg.a7ff2b21dafa63e5b31343078e23e436.jpg

Looks good for the role you play him in (IF in AML), so I would probably play him there as well. 

I don't see what's the problem. He has the average rating of 6.83 with 4 assists and 1 goal from 13 matches in the league, which may not be extraordinary but is quite okay.

As I said - as long as the tactic works and your team as a whole is getting results, do not concern yourself with trivial matters. 

12 hours ago, Experienced Defender said:

Looks good for the role you play him in (IF in AML), so I would probably play him there as well. 

I don't see what's the problem. He has the average rating of 6.83 with 4 assists and 1 goal from 13 matches in the league, which may not be extraordinary but is quite okay.

As I said - as long as the tactic works and your team as a whole is getting results, do not concern yourself with trivial matters. 

OK, Thks

In any case I gonna try for him to unlearn the trait to like to beat man repeatedly, perhaps it will help. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Experienced Defender,

Just a little uptade regarding my left IF(s), Rafa. 

I've just finished my second season and Rafa ended with 22 goals plus 6 assists. A huge improvement from the first season. 

His still hasn't unlearn the "beat the man repeatedly" trait (for some reason, players take much more time to unlearn than to learn), but before that he learn the trait "plays ones twos" and I think this really helps him to improve his game, and the team attacking play.