Campeonato Paulista (Brazil) - Can Someone Please Explain This For Me?

There are some mysterious 'bonus points' being allocated and I haven't got a clue why. I've looked at the rules, and can't find any mentioned. I can't find any examples of this happening in real life either.

As per the image below...

A - Sao Paulo should have 35 points, not 37.
B - Santos should have 37, not 39.
C - Bragantino (In 2nd) should have 33 not 37!!

image.thumb.png.1d83c6fd0a482ea412c910a4cbb97646.png

Any explanation would save my sanity. Thanks.

There shouldn’t be any bonus, but this is the table after the tournament is over, so it seems some points (maybe points from the knockout stage) got duplicated for some reason.

1 hour ago, PMLF said:

There shouldn’t be any bonus, but this is the table after the tournament is over, so it seems some points (maybe points from the knockout stage) got duplicated for some reason.

Ok. Thanks. I'm nearly at the end of the current tournament, so I'll see if I can spot anything (Those examples I showed you were from historic tables before I signed for the club).

Do I need to report it separately as a bug?

--------------------------

(Update) Y'know, it might have something to do with penalty shootouts in the knockout rounds. I've just won the quarter final on PKs. This got registered in the league as a draw, yet I seem to have been given 3 points.

image.thumb.png.0e35f9c9b7f11558b629813e4aa0e422.png

Edited by Bry

1 hour ago, Bry said:

Ok. Thanks. I'm nearly at the end of the current tournament, so I'll see if I can spot anything (Those examples I showed you were from historic tables before I signed for the club).

Do I need to report it separately as a bug?

--------------------------

(Update) Y'know, it might have something to do with penalty shootouts in the knockout rounds. I've just won the quarter final on PKs. This got registered in the league as a draw, yet I seem to have been given 3 points.

image.thumb.png.0e35f9c9b7f11558b629813e4aa0e422.png

Better report it as a bug, if anything because of that issue you mentioned on your updated post.

• 6 months later...

@BryDid you ever report this as a bug? The same thing happened to me. In mine the 'results' from the knockout phase got added to the league points - so for example a team got 3 extra league points for winning their quarter final (I actually assumed this was how it worked - ha!). I finished 4th in the league, but after the knockout round was 5th or 6th I think (I lost in the QF to Sao Paulo, who went on to win it).

To be honest I quite like it, even if it isn't correct!

However, the winner of the knockout phase (Sao Paulo) are listed as the overall winner for the season, so that bit isn't bugged.

Edited by Peter Morgan