BJT’s Tiki Taka Antidote - Klopp Heavy Metal – 433 & NEW 4231 (BVB) | now inc JM's Chelsea 4141 (x2 versions / DLF&TM)

10 Men / BVB 4231

As it's a very intense aggressive tactic, if you do happen to go down to 10 men and want to keep this style going this is what I do / recommend:

-AFA change to DLF-S

-Amend IWA's positional marking back to WBL/WBR instead of LB / RB

-Untick prevent short goalkeeper distribution

-The AP-S should be the player subbed

In my Bayern save where I just won the treble, I played a DFB Pokal final with a red card after 3 minutes and won the game 4-1, and also held on against Liverpool ECL final in Extra Time to win 3-2 coming back from 2 goals down.

Edited by BJT

Championship Promotion Test - Fulham / 4231 BVB / P106 (record points Championship)

My final test for this system. I wanted to see how it would fare in probably the most competitive / difficult league to get out of. To see if it could get the job done, I ran a season with Fulham which proved to be very successful.

Equalling the total points record for a side winning the Championship with 106, it proved to be a comfortable season in achieving a successful promotion with Mitrovic notching up over 30 goals this season for us.

1824201421_fulhamtab.thumb.png.cd2a6c669eef64e3dc76c43b28935abf.png

I think after all the tests I've ran with it, it looks to be a very solid tactic with the right players. It can win the big trophies, highly consistent in league form and that is both with good and poor players. All in all, this is a very durable system on the very attacking mentality, and a good choice for a Plug n Play system based on footballing principles, where the timing of subs or going down to 10 men is all you'll need to worry about in the main.

I did a bit of testing with RB Leipzig, I imagined their squad would fit this kamikaze tactic, but I have to say it's a bit bumpy. Played 12 and got 7W-4D-1L.

Also, I'm a tiny bit preserved with using the 'very attacking' mentality every match. Especially in away matches, I 'saved' some results by changing mentality during the match or even start of with just 'attacking'.

Overall, a very interesting tactic but a bit too gung ho for me :)

It's like any tactic, if you're consistently going to do well with it then you will need the right players across the park because when the opponents adapt they will expose the weaknesses of the system at hand on a much more regular basis. And it is a high risk system, so having players highly suited to the tactic will minimise the impact the opponents changes have.

Do your players have work-rate bare minimum 13+ in the forward positions / 16+ midfield? Do they all have stamina and pace / acceleration down the flanks 15+. Are the centre-backs quick enough / good enough individually defensively to deal with one on ones? All technically gifted to play a shorter and quicker passing game? All squad players will need to fit the bill.

There will be more instances of teams launching the ball over your back-line than before, and also trying to slow the game down to nullify the aggressive pressing implemented. If you have the right players and quality to play the system, you should still be competitive. But if not, then results will suffer.

There is always the season 2 syndrome on FM too as it's how the game is designed, and it will probably last until the second half of the season when the game re-ranks the clubs. Your choices are to invest in better quality players suiting the system, or change the system so the opponents adaptations will be less effective. 

Ultimately extreme systems are designed for favourite teams with top players due to its very gung-ho approach :)

WIth Leipzig that doesn't sound too bad, but a bit bumpy is what I probably would expect too. Not the best technically, lack squad depth and considering the left flank there is slow unless you've invested? (Angelino / Forsberg?) That said you probably would need to adapt in away games as the team at the start isn't quite good enough / perfectly geared to play this yet in all games, which is what you've been doing (Y) 

Edited by BJT

@BJT I played around a bit with your BvB 4231 and i love it, tested few games how to see if it suits Manchester United and it works amazingly at time.

I m about to launch a career save with Utd, i d like to have some advices in terms of top transfer targets: main priority are Sancho, Tonali or Florentino Luis and Martinez for this first season, what do you think in terms of attributes would they fit the system, big question would play sancho on the left or right since he s right footed, i guess on opposite foot so left but i d like to keep Rashford there ofc + the fact that right wing is a big weakness for Man Utd or any name to cover that right wing?

Martinez is really hard working AF (high workrate/stam) so should work.

In the middle of the park : i would play B. Fernandes on Ap-s and Pogba on BtB (Pogba has ppm that dont suit dlp-d) + either Pogba or B. Fernandes would be a waste in terms of attacking abilities on dpl-d: so i would stick with McTom or/and Tonali what do you think?

if you better options or a list of top top players to suit your tactic to the max, would be cool to publish a list.

Cheers mate, really fun tactic to watch

Glad you like the style mate. it's a great watch in full flow :)  But you do need the players to succeed.

Sancho when he reaches his potential is excellent...but he is better on the left which if you want to keep Rashford there is an issue yes. Fernandes AP and Pogba BBM would be the combo, but I'd try and train Pogba on endurance so it might up his work-rate a tad. I've also had Luis in the middle as well. I think he works harder than Tonali? Will need to as Pogba is a little lazy. Though it sounds like you have targets similar to how I moulded United. And thumbs up for Martinez up top.

Do not neglect centre-backs because this system will expose you big-time and you'll need top defenders. Dias from SLB will do a top job and Skriniar. I might try and have a little scout as well. it's never easy finding the perfect players for some systems. I did have Pulisic before and although he's not top notch quality, he'll be a good squad player. You could try Federico Chiesa for the right though I'd untrain him on the hug touchline as this system plays narrow. Maybe give Leon Bailey a bash too and discourage him to do tricks.

If I stumble into any other players that work well I'll edit / mention here :)

Edited by BJT

Good stuff :) Well my preference is to have a left footer on the right side and I hesitate doing otherwise like you too. But you may get more away with it as the role is of a winger nature rather than an inside forward.

Pulisic I think might also have a PPM of cutting inside from both wings, which would suggest he can adapt to it okay. So it may be worth training Chiesa if you get him to cut inside from the right also. He's strongly suited to an Inverted Winger role on the right which indicates he could settle into it okay but he does need a bit of working on. But that's where Pulisic seems pretty durable and isn't a bad bench / squad option.

The right side though has always been an issue for me. I think I did get Sancho on my United save and played him on the right. But when I've had him at a Bayern save on the left he was that much better.

Well just had a year with Bayer, and I can safely say Bailey ain't good enough so don't buy him :) Reminds me very much of Traore at Wolves. Can be brilliant, and can be absolutely awful. Zero consistency with him. Probably as if you look at his attributes he's a dumb footballer =)

Have been using the 4-3-3 as an away tactic or home against tough teams and it has been working really well. Ended up winning La Liga with Gijon. Interested to know the logic of the OI's in your OP.

18 minutes ago, Omark said:

Have been using the 4-3-3 as an away tactic or home against tough teams and it has been working really well. Ended up winning La Liga with Gijon. Interested to know the logic of the OI's in your OP.

Good to hear it's working well :)  Well there are different ways of trying to defend when the opposition have the ball. In this formation structure with a DM full-time I prefer to force the opponents wide up the top end, trying to use the touchline as a tool for forcing the opposition to give the ball back to us whilst keeping us compact in the middle. This works in tandem with the below if they do end up progressing up the pitch.

With an additional midfielder in the DM slot, rather than force teams out wide in our third to promote predictability of crosses into the box, given we have an extra man I prefer to force players to use their weaker foot making them less effective.

In the case of wingers, it will try to prevent more crosses into the box. If they did cut in which is less natural for a winger, we then have a DM there to stop them in their tracks and not have our backline get pulled apart as he'll be there to cover that space. In the case of inside forwards, this tries to move them away from goal where they're less dangerous in both getting a shot away, and delivering a cross on their weaker foot.

Additionally the times they do make it into the middle of the pitch passed a full back in close attendance, the additional DM will make things more difficult to get a shot off.  This in turn will increase the chance to dispossess the opponents in this defensive area, immediately giving an opportunity to launch a quick counter from deep.

17 minutes ago, BJT said:

Good to hear it's working well :)  Well there are different ways of trying to defend when the opposition have the ball. In this formation structure with a DM full-time I prefer to force the opponents wide up the top end, trying to use the touchline as a tool for forcing the opposition to give the ball back to us whilst keeping us compact in the middle. This works in tandem with the below if they do end up progressing up the pitch.

With an additional midfielder in the DM slot, rather than force teams out wide in our third to promote predictability of crosses into the box, given we have an extra man I prefer to force players to use their weaker foot making them less effective.

In the case of wingers, it will try to prevent more crosses into the box. If they did cut in which is less natural for a winger, we then have a DM there to stop them in their tracks and not have our backline get pulled apart as he'll be there to cover that space. In the case of inside forwards, this tries to move them away from goal where they're less dangerous in both getting a shot away, and delivering a cross on their weaker foot.

Additionally the times they do make it into the middle of the pitch passed a full back in close attendance, the additional DM will make things more difficult to get a shot off.  This in turn will increase the chance to dispossess the opponents in this defensive area, immediately giving an opportunity to launch a quick counter from deep.

Makes perfect sense - thanks for the reply!

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/04/2020 at 14:12, erikeagles said:

Hi, looks very promising. 

One question, I want to start a game with Ajax. 

Which download is the best for me? 

Hi mate, well could give the Klopp 433 a try. It is more top heavy than the Jose ones and plays a higher line so will be better at trying to gain the ascendancy in the game. 4231 might be a bit too gungho unless you got really quick defenders there.

45 minutes ago, BJT said:

Hi mate, well could give the Klopp 433 a try. It is more top heavy than the Jose ones and plays a higher line so will be better at trying to gain the ascendancy in the game. 4231 might be a bit too gungho unless you got really quick defenders there.

Thanks for your answer, I shall take a look at it 

• 1 month later...