Best Way to Scout & Train

Hi All,

I've been playing this game for the last 20 years but with scouting and training I've never been great.

Can anyone give me a steer on the best way to set these things up. I get the backroom team to do training at the moment and the Chief Scout to find players, but it feels like a cop out. I'd much prefer to do them myself.

I'm happy to go into the minutiae of the Scouting & training modules if anyone has time to explain them to me in detail?

I have had success with regardless of age to put the most valuable prospects in the senior squad, give them "reserve duty"  and mentor them, I believe they can only be mentored if they are present in the main squad.

When they reach 18 you can loan them out but only do so to clubs in a division below you, don´t loan them out to vanarama sides if you are in the Championship f.ex. I have had no success with loaning out to smaller clubs.

As for scouting I cheat, a legal one though but very boring and takes time. I scour the various youth teams from certain national sides, I know the Brazil side is very popular among some FM players to poach youth but I usually check the Scandinavian and Benelux countries first. I have 3 first team players in my side I got that way, 2 Danes and a Dutch guy, I don´t visit South America much ..... and as your progress and regens are made Germany is fantastic.

Edited by AurioDK