Striker Role

Which role is best suited to a 4-1-2-3 DM Wide? Currently playing with a target man on attack with 2 wingers, one on support, other on attack. The Target man striker is playing badly and scored a couple but I want to fit my 17 year old wonderkids who’s also homegrown. He doesn’t suit a target man role as he’s not tall. Someone has recommend that a retrain Joe Gelherdt (17 year old) as an IF could that potentially work with Moore (TM) ? 

@Ben Hutton

Different permutations give you different effects. A TM can be a focus of attacks, he could be the furthest forward and the first choice for a Winger on attack duty flanking him. You could set up an IW on one flank with a playmaker beside him to act as distributors. IF the TM is on support he can bring others in then you could pair him with a 2xIF attack pair. You could also use an F9 to drop deeper so that he holds the ball up and uses his skill to allow others to swarm up in attack. Now this means that you could be using more support duties with a higher defensive line to create decision dilemmas for defenders.

Ultimately, you decide. So what do you have in your team? Do you have players who can offer you choices with different styles. Too often players fixate on the attacking patterns and forget the biggest factor is actually the build-up.

I have quick wingers who are average at best, a decent target man for championship level. A good midfield in terms of winning the ball back but average in terms of creating chances. My back up striker is a decent pressing forward as well as my wonderkids which I’ve not found his best position