Non league to Prem

Right, so I am starting my managerial career at one of the lowest ranked leagues I have available to me. 

I am looking for advice and guidance with my Tactics and players as I go along this adventure as a manager (not looking to promote the team to prem but make it as a manager)

Any advice on my setup is welcome. My idea is to play counter attacking football fast and direct whilst being solid at the back. Images attached. 

i will like to use this thread further down the line to ask for advice on adapting etc. 

Screenshot (59).png

Screenshot (60).png

Screenshot (61).png

Screenshot (62).png

Screenshot (63).png

Screenshot (64).png

Screenshot (65).png

Screenshot (66).png

Screenshot (67).png

Screenshot (68).png

Screenshot (69).png

Screenshot (70).png

1 hour ago, Polski97 said:

Screenshot (59).png

My idea is to play counter attacking football fast and direct whilst being solid at the back

If you want to play counter-attacking football, then the 4231 is not an optimal choice of formation, especially for a lower-league team.

However, if you insist on the 4231 specifically, here are the tweaks I would make to your tactic in order for it to be both better balanced and counter-attack-oriented (based on what I saw in your players' profiles):

AF

IFsu            APat           Wsu

CMde    CMsu

WBsu   CDde   CDde   NFB

GKde

Mentality - Balanced

In possession - higher tempo and early crosses

In transition - counter

Out of possession - standard DL, lower LOE and get stuck in

These are the instructions I would start with before I see if and what kind of tweaks may possibly be needed.

You don't necessarily have to use this particular tactic. Rather use it as some basic idea to think about when setting up your tactic.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask :thup:

20 hours ago, Experienced Defender said:

If you want to play counter-attacking football, then the 4231 is not an optimal choice of formation, especially for a lower-league team.

However, if you insist on the 4231 specifically, here are the tweaks I would make to your tactic in order for it to be both better balanced and counter-attack-oriented (based on what I saw in your players' profiles):

AF

IFsu            APat           Wsu

CMde    CMsu

WBsu   CDde   CDde   NFB

GKde

Mentality - Balanced

In possession - higher tempo and early crosses

In transition - counter

Out of possession - standard DL, lower LOE and get stuck in

These are the instructions I would start with before I see if and what kind of tweaks may possibly be needed.

You don't necessarily have to use this particular tactic. Rather use it as some basic idea to think about when setting up your tactic.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask :thup:

Question, how do i make this tactic more offensive and defensive. 

Providing an update on the current situation.... 

Screenshot (71).png

Screenshot (72).png

Screenshot (73).png

Screenshot (74).png

Screenshot (75).png

Screenshot (76).png

Screenshot (72).png

You are playing the CMs in wrong positions. The one on defend duty should be on the left (MCL) and the one on support in MCR. Because the more attacking fullback is the left one (WBsu), not the right one (NFB). 

Question, how do i make this tactic more offensive and defensive

There are different ways. Depends also on whether you want to do that using the same formation (4231) or maybe introducing a new one (e.g. 4411 or 4141dm wide). 

22 minutes ago, Experienced Defender said:

You are playing the CMs in wrong positions. The one on defend duty should be on the left (MCL) and the one on support in MCR. Because the more attacking fullback is the left one (WBsu), not the right one (NFB). 

There are different ways. Depends also on whether you want to do that using the same formation (4231) or maybe introducing a new one (e.g. 4411 or 4141dm wide). 

but in the same slot or create a new slot with completely new roles and TI's ??

38 minutes ago, Polski97 said:

but in the same slot or create a new slot with completely new roles and TI's ??

If you want a tactic that employs a different style of play, then you should create it in a new slot. 

Not completely new roles and duties, because it's never a good idea to have tactics that differ a lot. Just a couple/few sensible tweaks.

On 18/02/2020 at 23:32, Experienced Defender said:

If you want a tactic that employs a different style of play, then you should create it in a new slot. 

Not completely new roles and duties, because it's never a good idea to have tactics that differ a lot. Just a couple/few sensible tweaks.

Right so following your tactical advice I went on a 4/5 losing streak I believe. 

Changed it to gegenpress and now smashing each team.