question about player physical appearance

Hi all, hope its not in the wrong section. Anyway, I think that in the game player height and weight affect the jumping, strength, heading and balance a lot. However it seems that theres no way to improve or change that (except to use editor, of course). anyone feels the same? I hope that someone tells me Im wrong though, cause that is very disappointing, consider that I cant make my defender become heavier to become stronger and tell a striker hes overweight 

I don't think height impacts jumping reach, as illogical as that sounds. The JR reflects how far off the ground the player's head gets, so two players with JR 18 could both get their heads to the same ball regardless of their height. The taller player would exert less effort though. 

Strength can be improved through training.

Weight I'm not sure about, making a player heavier doesn't necessarily mean he will be stronger.

So Jumping Reach is how high a player can reach to head the ball.

Heading is how accurate his header can be (ie: ball goes where he intended)

Strength: How likely/unlikely is he to be pushed off the header/challenge in the air

Balance: How likely is he to fall over after challenging for the ball in the air.

So while all those attributes work together when challenging for a header from a cross delivered into the box say, it can all be very contextual as to which one is the primary attribute required for that particular delivery.

As far as an overweight striker - work on the physicals in training with him - how are his Fitness and Stamina attributes? How, in fact, do you know he is overweight? He could be a short guy packed with muscle. 

To make your defender bigger/stronger then again, train him on the physicals as well - build muscle.

The game allows you to train a player into what you like, if you have a good base spread of attributes to start with.

Edited by Snorks