Regens and player images

UKFA

I haven't read through anything in here, so apologies if this has been covered. But I think it would be more immersive if the current players images were represented as regens (obviously based on their real features) rather than the contrast between a real player with photo, real player without photo, and a regen. These could possibly be taken automatically from the 3d image of the player, and would age over time, ie start to lose hair, go grey, maybe even add wrinkles using something like a snapchat filter type alogorithm. This would possibly solve issues like the number of balding 16yr old regens (no offense I myself am prematurely balding!) and also the 50 yrs in the future save where a current youth player whose picture looks 12 is a manager in their 60's. Of course for those who prefer a real photograph it's easy enough to download facepacks, and it saves SI a bit of work collecting images and presumably the copyrights if applicable.

Edited by UKFA

I hope that SI is preparing a good change related to this. This year I expected better faces although I loved the remodeling of the coaches' bodies

The Fm15 had incredible faces for the newgens. I wish they could use the same software for development lol

Edited by Nick_CB

• 2 weeks later...

I forgot to add that it would be nice if the regens were pictured in the club shirt that they currently play for, again this can be done automatically in the background, have it as a layer over the regens image fetched from the current club home shirt.

On 26/01/2020 at 16:15, Nick_CB said:

I hope that SI is preparing a good change related to this. This year I expected better faces although I loved the remodeling of the coaches' bodies

The Fm15 had incredible faces for the newgens. I wish they could use the same software for development lol

I totally agree, FM15 regens look better than FM20 ones.

• 2 months later...

There is a mod you can download which replaces any newgen images with real faces - it just so happens that the facepack actually uses images of ice hockey players, but you can't tell the difference. Only issue being, you could have a 16 year old who then has the face of a 40 year old - or a chinese youngster with a western face. Still, it's better than having near cartoons for faces, personally. 

• 1 month later...