I need help!

Mars_Blackmon

I want to create a new structure in the USA but I really don’t have any experience with the editor.

What I would like to accomplish is expand the MLS/USL to something that would be realistic. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Here is what I want:

MLS to 30 teams

All MLS teams with a B team

All MLS teams with a U23 team

USL Championship with Regulation to League One

USL League One with Promotion to Championship

All non MLS USL Championship & League One Teams with U23 & U18

USL League Two With no Pro/Reg

(MLS & USL U23 League)

USSDA

(MLS & Independent youth academy team League)

USL Academy League

(All USL U18 teams)

Other Lower leagues

no Colleges

Can someone direct me towards a step by step guide?

I would have no idea about a guide, but prot651 is right, downloading a file and taking a look is the best way to learn. Using UncleSam's FM19 expansion would be a good place to start.

Open it up in the editor, and go through it slowly, look at each option, and what each option does. Look at what he did, and figure out what you want to change. For example, let's say maybe he did a 40 team expansion, you want 30. Try to find the option that changes the amount of teams. Verify the file, and see if any errors show up.

It is tedious and "scary" in a way, but that's the only way to learn, there unfortunately aren't any guides on this kind of thing.

Asking creators who did something similar is also a good option.

Feel free to message me if you have any questions.

3 hours ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

Thats not really helpful if you don't know what youre looking at.

Start with the basic editor as its the easiest , Add a nation then add a division and play around with the rules 

13 hours ago, majesticeternity said:

I would have no idea about a guide, but prot651 is right, downloading a file and taking a look is the best way to learn. Using UncleSam's FM19 expansion would be a good place to start.

Open it up in the editor, and go through it slowly, look at each option, and what each option does. Look at what he did, and figure out what you want to change. For example, let's say maybe he did a 40 team expansion, you want 30. Try to find the option that changes the amount of teams. Verify the file, and see if any errors show up.

It is tedious and "scary" in a way, but that's the only way to learn, there unfortunately aren't any guides on this kind of thing.

Asking creators who did something similar is also a good option.

Feel free to message me if you have any questions.

Thanks

10 hours ago, prot651 said:

Start with the basic editor as its the easiest , Add a nation then add a division and play around with the rules 

Thanks. Im fine editing the with the basic editor, its the advance editor where things start to get overwhelming.

I just wish that there was a tool tip when hovering over options to help explain what it does. That would be a big help! Im shocked it hasn't been added yet...

32 minutes ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

Thanks. Im fine editing the with the basic editor, its the advance editor where things start to get overwhelming.

I just wish that there was a tool tip when hovering over options to help explain what it does. That would be a big help! Im shocked it hasn't been added yet...

Because the editor is a luxury not a privilege . Advance rules will get easier the more you use it

4 hours ago, prot651 said:

Because the editor is a luxury not a privilege . Advance rules will get easier the more you use it

You make that statement as if the editor haven’t added anything since it’s been available. Few years ago they made it easier to spot errors, this year made it easier to undo changes. This isn’t my first rodeo with the editor. I just want to know what I am doing without having to test 1000 different things...

5 hours ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

You make that statement as if the editor haven’t added anything since it’s been available. Few years ago they made it easier to spot errors, this year made it easier to undo changes. This isn’t my first rodeo with the editor. I just want to know what I am doing without having to test 1000 different things...

What i meant was that games don't have to have an Editor.  They treat it as a luxury for players to even have one . This is the reason there are no manuals for it . They could just as easily take it away but it's mostly there to get around licencing issues to make the game more realistic for us .