Ajax- what to play my wingers on?

I am currently playing a 4231 gegenpress, yet have failed to archieve real success against smaller teams with stamina depleting quickly and am thinking about switching to a 4231 with:

Tadic (PF) 

Rw: Neres

Cam: Zyjech (am-a/s) 

Lw: Promes

Cm: Donny van de Beek (dynamic midfielder/mezzalla-s) 

Cm: Alvares (playmaker for defence-defend) 

Lb: tagliafico (wb-s)

Cb: Martinez (bpd-d) 

Cb: veltman (bdp-d)

Rb: Mazraoui (wb-s) 

Gk: Onana (Sk-s) 

Anybody tips for roles and advice whether or not to switch to a tiki taka with this squad

There is a real talent I signed, a fast and agile striker who needs to focus on finishing and long shots (9-9). He might replace tadic sooner or later

If you want to use the (tricky) 4231 formation, then the first thing you need to do is make sure that both CMs are defensively reliable players (tackling, positioning, work rate, teamwork, anticipation, decisions, stamina, some bravery and at least decent speed) in addition to being able to support the front 4 effectively, because they are the backbone of any 4231. If they don't meet these requirements, then you better avoid 4231. 

1 hour ago, Belap said:

Tadic (PF)

Which duty? 

Btw, Tadic is a very creative player, so I would consider playing him in a more creative role than PF. 

I would set Promes as IF(A) and Neres as an IW(A/S). Promes is a bit more of a goalscorer, Neres more of a dribbler.

8 hours ago, Experienced Defender said:

If you want to use the (tricky) 4231 formation, then the first thing you need to do is make sure that both CMs are defensively reliable..

While not unsound advise, it isn't the question asked here at all, and from what I can see in his post and know about the player IRL it's not something he's struggling with as these players and roles are reliable enough.

8 hours ago, Experienced Defender said:
9 hours ago, Belap said:

Tadic (PF)

Which duty? 

Btw, Tadic is a very creative player, so I would consider playing him in a more creative role than PF. 

That I agree. Tadic as a PF seems a bit limited. Would personally go for a F9, but also consider a DLF of CF.

11 hours ago, Kick Wilstra said:

While not unsound advise, it isn't the question asked here at all

Yeah, I know. He asked about potential wide forward roles. But the problem is that you cannot look at tactical elements in isolation from one another in order for a tactic to work. You need to take a number of factors into account. You may assign each player to a role that "ideally" suits him individually, and your tactic can still fail because the system as a whole is not well balanced.

Thanks everybody who replied! 

1 hour ago, Experienced Defender said:

Yeah, I know. He asked about potential wide forward roles. But the problem is that you cannot look at tactical elements in isolation from one another in order for a tactic to work. You need to take a number of factors into account. You may assign each player to a role that "ideally" suits him individually, and your tactic can still fail because the system as a whole is not well balanced.

I am actually struggling with this, since one of my CMs is a natural defending I retrained and does the job really well. 

However, the other one is more of a natural CAM (Donny van de Beek) and while he has great workrates, stamina, etc, he lacks defensively. 

However, I can not not use my star player. Any advice here? 

Thanks a lot anyway everybody❤️

1 hour ago, Belap said:

However, the other one is more of a natural CAM (Donny van de Beek) and while he has great workrates, stamina, etc, he lacks defensively

Well, that can be a problem in a 4231. Maybe moving VDB in AMC and putting some more defensively reliable player in CM instead of him? Or changing the formation into 4141dm wide, which would allow more room for maneuver with roles and duties overall.

1 hour ago, Belap said:

However, I can not not use my star player. Any advice here? 

Which star player are you referring to? Van de Beek or someone else?

Btw, you haven't answered which duty you play your lone striker (PF) on?