FM20 - FC Lausanne-Sport

luka_zg

Welcome to the FC Lausanne-Sport thread

Club Details

Nickname: Les bleu et blanc

Founded: 1896

Owners: Ineos (private limited company)

Stadium: Olympique de la Pontaise (due to move to Stade de la Tuliere /12000 all seater/ for the start of 20/21 season)

Capacity: 15 850

FC Lausanne-Sport is a Swiss football club based in Lausanne in the canton of Vaud. Founded in 1896, it plays in the Swiss Challenge League, the second highest league in the country. The team has won seven league titles and the Swiss Cup nine times.

On 13 November 2017, the club was acquired by Ineos, a Swiss-based British petrochemicals company owned by Jim Ratcliffe, the nation's wealthiest person. (yes, a sugar daddy!)

Team:

Goalkeepers:

Thomas Castella – best keeper in the club. Will be your first choice keeper for the season.

Mory Diaw – Reserve keeper at best. Not very good.

Dany Da Silva – Third choice keeper.

*overall Castella can get you through the season but you should look to upgrade the position ASAP, especially if promoted to the SuperLeague

Defenders:

Elton Monteiro – capable centre back, should be a first team player

Noah Loosli – one of the best players in the club, first choice

Igor Nganga – reserve centre back with no future at the club beyond the 1st season

Ange Nanizayamo – shouzld be 3rd choice centre back, not really good mentals but can do the job at this level of competition

Right backs:

Nikola Boranijašević – good player, first option at RB

Sinclair Baddy Dega – not good, young but not really a great prospect for me. Should look to upgrade ASAP

Left backs:

Per Egil Flo – first choice left back, one of the club's better players

Nicolas Getaz – capable cover for the position

*overall you have two good centre backs in Loosli and Monteiro, Nanizayamo can cover in the 1st season, I would look to bring another good CB at the end of the season or even in the winter transfer window. Right back is a top priority because you only have Boranijašević and his cover is not good enough. Left back position is good with Flo and Getaz.

Midfielders:

Stjepan Kukuruzovic – great midfielder, can play both DM and CM positions, playmaker but can be used in other roles as well. First choice midfielder.

Joel Geissmann – Another good CM who can play B2B or even more offensive role.

Maxime Dominguez – Good offensive minded playmaker most comfortable in AMC position but can also do the job from MC position.

Cameron Puertas – Depending on your system, you can use him as a B2B midfielder, he is very young and will improve. My opinion is he should be your starter if using three man midfield.

Gabriel Bares – young DM who is best used as a DLP and has good potential. Should be given game time in the 1st season to improve.

Cabral – Your typicall BWM or DM. I'd say not good enough beyond the 1st season and since he is in his 30's you shouldn't be playing him and reducing minutes to your younger prospects. Sell him.

Alexandre Pasche – CM who can do a few roles but ulitmaltely not good enough. Should be sold.

*overall your centre of midfield is very good, with Kukuruzovic, Geissmann,Dominguez,Puertas and Bares you have different options depending on the set up. Don't need any investement there for the 1st season

Wingers:

Joao Oliveira – great natural inverted winger and one of your best players. First team choice.

Josias Lukembila – another quick IW/W, useful player and could improve.

Christian Schneuwly – one of your older players at 31, but still should be a first choice right winger.

Isaac Schmidt – speed merchant, good cover for the right wing and could improve.

Sancidino Silva – another good winger, could be your first choice although I decided for Oliveira/Schneuwly combo but Silva can do a job for you if you desire.

*overall your wing positions are packed and good quality. Don't need to invest in the 1st season.

Strikers:

Andi Zeqiri – The best prospect at the club and will develop to be your best players if you give him time. Play him as a starter.

Aldin Turkes – Another quality striker but is a target man so if you don't like to use TM maybe should look to sell.

Anthony Koura – Amazing physicals for the level of competition, great back up.

*overall you have three grat strikers and don't need any investment.

FC Lausanne is a nice challenge, starting in the 2nd tier of the Swiss league system. You get a nice squad that is more than capable of challenging for the promotion spot which is your minimum requirement. Given the players you have, promotion should be achieved.

Also, the club has a foreground sugar daddy which will make your time at a club quite interesting. Starting balance is 4.5mil but after a month or so in game you will be injected with 14mil more. So you can upgrade your team immidiately if you play with enabled 1st transfer window. I am not so I will have to wait until January to go shop for talent. 

Hope you enjoy the save if you choose Lausanne!

Not a great sugar daddy to be honest, as he gives small budgets even after winning the top league (which I did in season two, I think I got about £5m to spend) I'm surprised that Dan N'Doye hasn't even been mentioned in the first post he's the best young talent in that team, was my top scorer in the two seasons I have played so far and I have just sold him for £30m to Aston Villa.

I was given 4.5 mil transfer budget at the start of the 2nd season after promotion. Sold some players and had 9.5mil budget for players and also board decided to upgrade youth facilities for 8.5mil.

I think 4.5mil transfer budget for newly promoted side in the Swiss league is quite ok budget to be honest.

I bought and loaned in almost entire new first 11 for the 2nd season. Loaned Chong, Garner and Levitt from ManUtd. Bought Martins from Young Boys for 4mil, Pusic from Grashoppers for 950k, Blas Riveros from Basel for 2mil, Jan Kronig from Young Boys for 250k, Patrick Burner from Nice on free, Ignace van der Brempt from Brugge for 2.5mil and Benjamin Uphoff from Karlsruher for 150k.

Edited by luka_zg

• 2 weeks later...

Won the league first season and then won the top league in our first season up too, 3 points ahead of Young Boys.  There will be no champions league football in Lausanne though as we lost to Celtic in the final qualifying round, will have to make do with Europa.  Signed quite a lot of players in season 3 as I thought there were some really cheap young players who were worth the risk of either developing for us or being loaned out and sold at a good profit.   

Squad now:

GK: Loic Jacot - £150k from Luzern in Season 2, been an absolute bargain with several big sides now after him.  We only conceded 21 in 36 league games.

Destine Jopanguy - £9k from Caen in Season 2, looks like he has great potential and will play a lot more this season after a year with the u21's.  Signed with his contract coming to an end.

RB: Jordan Lotomba - One of my first signings, started his career at Lausanne and I got him to return first season from Young Boys

Tomas Esteves - Signed start of season 3 for £350k, he looks pretty good and will be a nice back up who will probably get sold for a profit

LB: Rayan Ait-Nouri - Fantastic young left back signed season 2 from Angers for only £1.1m, an absolute bargain who I hope stays here for ages.

Arthur Zagre - £350k from Monaco and looks a really good prospect.

CB: Skodran Mustafi - Just released by Arsenal so I have signed him to use for 1 year and sell at a nice profit hopefully.

Juan Foyth - Just signed him for £10m from Spurs, managed to raise funds with a few sales and hope he will be worth it.

Thomas Basila -  A £1.5m signing from Nantes in season 2, he's absolute class and another bargain who I hope will stay for years.

Benoit Badiashili - In the 3rd and probably final loan season at the club

DM:  Matt Smith - Just signed for free from Man City, looks quite versatile

Fausto Vera - Possibly the best player at the club, signed in season 2 from Argentinos Jrs for £5m.

James Garner - On loan from Man Utd for a 3rd and final season

CM: Nadim Bejrami - Swiss international cost £1.7m from Grasshoper in the 2nd season

Tom Davies - Just spent £5.75m to get him from Everton

Callum Slattery - Looks a great prospect and I paid just £650k to get him from Southampton

Diogo Mendes - Given him a lot of game time and a loan spell in the Challenge League and is now 18 with great potential.  Starts in the youth team

Wingers: Joel Ribeiro - Signed season 2 from Juventus for £750k but loaned straight out for that season.  He started his career at Lausanne.

Liam Millar - Free from Liverpool

Emanuel Vignato - £5m from Chievo in the Italian 3rd tier in season 2.  One of our best performers since signing him in January, chose to spend money on him rather than gamble on him choosing us ahead of the huge clubs who wanted him at the end of his contract

Bernadi - Youth Team regen

FW: Bradley Fink - Just spent £7.5m to bring the 18 year old Swiss striker in from Dortmund, he looks potentially fantastic so I hope he repays the huge fee.

Pietro Pellegri - 3rd and final season on loan from Monaco

Fabio Silva - Loan from Porto

Non regens in development squad or on  Loan:

Marie Gael-Mukanya - £65k from St Etienne

Eric Junior Dina Ebimbe - Free from PSG

Andrea Papetti - £85k from Brescia

Caleb Okoli - £150k Atalanta

Hossein Zamani - £58k Genoa

Matteo Regillo - £175k Servette

Ryan Cassidy £160k Watford

Matteo Corduan - £56k Angers

Reo Griffiths - Free Lyon