Welsh League Start date error-SI Please read

Hi,

Specifically relating to Football Manager Mobile 2020, thanks loads for including the Cymru North and South on the mobile version, I appreciate the depth of research that must go into assembling the data on minor leagues.

One thing that is frustrating with regard to the Mobile version (Not sure if it is the same on the full game) is the 22nd of July season start date. On every other FMM game going back to the start of the Welsh League being included it has been a early July (1st to 7th) start, the Scottish, Northern Irish and English leagues all that run along a similar schedule season wise all start on the 1st of July (Even the Northern Irish lowest league). I am referring to just doing a Welsh League game, not combining leagues when you do have different staggered start dates if you run two different leagues (ie Irish and Scottish have different season timings)

What it does is mean on the 22nd July when you start you literally have days before your 1st game and not much longer before your 1st competitive game and so much of the game starting out is sorting your squad out with sales, loans, releasing, buying etc... you also have nearly half of the transfer window gone and you would of played a couple of friendlies which you have no control over before the game starts, I have even started a game as Gap Connahs Quay and they have played Euro fixtures before you even get a chance to have any influence.

It would be great if you where able to come back on this as it does not seem to make any sense to me?

Cheers.

(I have also posted this on the main board as I did not know if it was a game issue not research issue)

On 26/11/2019 at 18:03, Angelos Antoniades said:

Hi sammummery, 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, we've mentioned it to the dev team and waiting to hear back on whether there was a reason for the change of date. 

Any news on this?

On 02/12/2019 at 11:49, Angelos Antoniades said:

It's now under review with the dev team

Its frustrating that this has not been fixed when it is a simple date change.

-Every other previous version of Football Manager handheld/mobile starts the Welsh League on the 1st of July this one starts on the 22nd July.

The problem is-

-No where near enough time to buy players, sell players, sort your club out before your 1st competitive matches

-Its silly that it starts on the 22nd when the Northern Irish leagues, Scottish and all English leagues start on the 1st of July

-Lastly and most importantly when you start as one of the 4 European playing welsh clubs you already have upto 4 matches played before you even start the game so you can be knocked out of the champions league/Europa League before you even take control of the team, its not great.

On 06/12/2019 at 20:01, sammummery said:

Its frustrating that this has not been fixed when it is a simple date change.

-Every other previous version of Football Manager handheld/mobile starts the Welsh League on the 1st of July this one starts on the 22nd July.

The problem is-

-No where near enough time to buy players, sell players, sort your club out before your 1st competitive matches

-Its silly that it starts on the 22nd when the Northern Irish leagues, Scottish and all English leagues start on the 1st of July

-Lastly and most importantly when you start as one of the 4 European playing welsh clubs you already have upto 4 matches played before you even start the game so you can be knocked out of the champions league/Europa League before you even take control of the team, its not great.

Angelos, please find screenshots starting date of Welsh League from 2014-2020, to show how out of the ordinary the current start date on FM2020 is let alone the impact above in the quote above.

2014.PNG

2015.PNG

2016.PNG

2017.PNG

2018.PNG

2019.PNG

2020.PNG

Edited by sammummery
Reuploading files

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Louie, I was hoping it would be in the update released last night, I appreciate you coming back to me, I can't think it takes anymore than a 2 second change on the master program or whatever it is to change the date of the season start.

On 24/12/2019 at 15:16, Angelos Antoniades said:

Unfortunately as we take start dates from the main FM game, it's a bit more complicated than a quick fix. I can appreciate your frustration but it is something we are looking into. 

Does it actually start on the 22nd of July on the main game as well? In past seasons it has always been around the 1st July as well for the main game. (I have not played this years main game)

• 3 weeks later...
  • SI Staff
On 27/12/2019 at 12:29, sammummery said:

Does it actually start on the 22nd of July on the main game as well? In past seasons it has always been around the 1st July as well for the main game. (I have not played this years main game)

Apologies for the late reply.

Currently on FM the start date for Wales is 22/7, the same as FMM. However you are able to set the start date to the first matches of the Euro Cup or Champions Cup which is something that is not available on Mobile. We are working towards a fix to move the start date and it will be in a future update

3 minutes ago, Angelos Antoniades said:

Apologies for the late reply.

Currently on FM the start date for Wales is 22/7, the same as FMM. However you are able to set the start date to the first matches of the Euro Cup or Champions Cup which is something that is not available on Mobile. We are working towards a fix to move the start date and it will be in a future update

Thank you for coming back to me, Cheers, Sam

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
On 26/11/2019 at 08:46, sammummery said:

Hi,

Specifically relating to Football Manager Mobile 2020, thanks loads for including the Cymru North and South on the mobile version, I appreciate the depth of research that must go into assembling the data on minor leagues.

One thing that is frustrating with regard to the Mobile version (Not sure if it is the same on the full game) is the 22nd of July season start date. On every other FMM game going back to the start of the Welsh League being included it has been a early July (1st to 7th) start, the Scottish, Northern Irish and English leagues all that run along a similar schedule season wise all start on the 1st of July (Even the Northern Irish lowest league). I am referring to just doing a Welsh League game, not combining leagues when you do have different staggered start dates if you run two different leagues (ie Irish and Scottish have different season timings)

What it does is mean on the 22nd July when you start you literally have days before your 1st game and not much longer before your 1st competitive game and so much of the game starting out is sorting your squad out with sales, loans, releasing, buying etc... you also have nearly half of the transfer window gone and you would of played a couple of friendlies which you have no control over before the game starts, I have even started a game as Gap Connahs Quay and they have played Euro fixtures before you even get a chance to have any influence.

It would be great if you where able to come back on this as it does not seem to make any sense to me?

Cheers.

(I have also posted this on the main board as I did not know if it was a game issue not research issue)

Hi Guys,

Same issue with FM2021 by the time the game starts your team have already played competitive fixtures on the 1st day of the season start so you can already be knocked out of a cup before even start! This is on Football Manager Mobile.

• 3 weeks later...