Develop a young striker into a Complete Forward

Hi, does anyone know how long it takes/ if its possible to turn a new regen youth prospect into a CF? I have this young 18 year old 6'5 forward, who has great finishing and technical stats, is on the slower side but has promising mental stats as well, but is completely unnatural at complete forward, and a natural advanced forward. This may be a dumb question but if i train him as a complete forward, will he ever adapt to that role?

1 hour ago, mc22 said:

I have this young 18 year old 6'5 forward, who has great finishing and technical stats, is on the slower side but has promising mental stats as well, but is completely unnatural at complete forward, and a natural advanced forward

If he has the right attributes for a CF, then he can play in that role regardless of what the game suggests as his "natural" or "unnatural" role. The good thing is that if he can play as a CF, then he should be able to play most other striker roles as well (depending on which one fits optimally into your tactical setup). 

1 hour ago, mc22 said:

if i train him as a complete forward, will he ever adapt to that role?

Not only that he will become (more) suited to the role (in the sense of the role suitability suggested by the game), but will also (further) develop the attributes that are important for the role.

19 hours ago, Experienced Defender said:

If he has the right attributes for a CF, then he can play in that role regardless of what the game suggests as his "natural" or "unnatural" role. The good thing is that if he can play as a CF, then he should be able to play most other striker roles as well (depending on which one fits optimally into your tactical setup). 

Not only that he will become (more) suited to the role (in the sense of the role suitability suggested by the game), but will also (further) develop the attributes that are important for the role.

Awesome, yeah I knew it would develop his attributes more but just didn’t want to waste time developing something if it doesn’t even work in long run