Strikers not striking!

So first season with Wolves, finished 2nd using 3 at the back. Wingback. 2 strikers with a CAM. Everyone chipped in. Top scorer had 21 in all comps. 

Second season. Not changed anything up tactically. Creating 20/30 chances per game. Hitting woodwork lots and approx 8/9 CCC each game. And losing to the oppositions 1 CCC a game! 

So frustrating. Any tips? Strikers are advanced forwards. Good attributes across the board for them all. 

IMG_20191008_111337.thumb.jpg.d0fd905ec026c5f236a67512cdd732cd.jpg

You are really creating 8 clear-cut chances per game? This is something that even the tactical masterminds in this forum struggle to create from time to time. Eight shots on target might not be enough.

Check match data and see which kind of shots you're getting on target. Are they central? Are they headers? Are they coming from set-pieces? 

What is happening is that after being second with Wolves (which is remarkable btw), the AI respects you more and they are mostly defending. If you post your tactic maybe people will be able to help you a bit more. 

19 minutes ago, lferreira said:

You are really creating 8 clear-cut chances per game? This is something that even the tactical masterminds in this forum struggle to create from time to time. Eight shots on target might not be enough.

Check match data and see which kind of shots you're getting on target. Are they central? Are they headers? Are they coming from set-pieces? 

What is happening is that after being second with Wolves (which is remarkable btw), the AI respects you more and they are mostly defending. If you post your tactic maybe people will be able to help you a bit more. 

In the final game to make me post I got 8 against Leeds. Ended up with 35 shots, 17 on target and lost 3-1. I'm using a tactic by Guru F16 Reborn. 3412 Libero style. On his OP about his tactic he had both strikers scoring over 70 goals in the first season! I think it's probably been patched since is my theory. 

And as for the types I'm missing it's every way. Headers, shots, posts, crossbar. It's not as if I'm missing pens or countless free kicks adding up to the shot count I've mentioned. It's ridiculous

Thanks for the reply though 

22 minutes ago, dubby151 said:

I think it's probably been patched since is my theory. 

The thing with using downloaded tactics is that they are not guaranteed to work for everyone.  If someone has told you otherwise I'm afraid you have been misled.  If you want specific answers about this tactic you may be best off going back to the original creator and ask them about the issues you are seeing.

You could try posting screenshots of the tactic here but I fear it may be so convoluted with umpteen different tactical settings it'll be next to impossible to give you any meaningful advice.

I totally agree. Unable to leave comments on the original post as it wasn't off here. And from searching haven't found it mentioned on here, which sucks. On the OP from the uploader he gave attributes and tips etc which I've followed and obviously 2nd with Wolves first season meant it worked lol just the AI has got me already by looks of it

4 hours ago, herne79 said:

The thing with using downloaded tactics is that they are not guaranteed to work for everyone.  

The Thing is that 99% of them don't work by Football logic, so crazyness in individual matches is to be expected (scroll down to last Paragraph). (Even though there still is no FAQ in place for this). In particular if the AI happens to defend its illogical one-dimensionaless some. The stats on FM may say one Thing (and they are not that good), but typically there's also a load of crap shots in there. Plus, and this is no exception, this tactic has no defensive protection whatsoever (just a single line), so depending what the AI does, it's presented stuff on a silver platter.

It's Always been the same Story every year. Nobody "gets it" though. For as Long as the game is set up the way it is: Garbage in, occasionally garbage out. If we are arguing "realism", then the game would Need to be limited to "realistic" tactics. 

Edited by Svenc