FM19 strikers

I cannot, for the life of me, get any strikers to play consistently  for me across any of my saves this year, apart from one season with Tammy Abraham in the championship in the 2021/22 season leading me to promotion with a 28 goal haul, I can’t think of any other strikers that have been able to get me 20 goals a season in all competitions let alone in the league.

Has anyone else seen this in their own FM19 career and does anyone have any advice?

I’ve used most striking roles in various combinations and set ups, currently using Moussa Dembele in an Advanced Forward role in a 4231 control possession tactic at Chelsea, just reached December and he has 1 goal in all competitions, my 3 strikers have 5 goals in total this season

I think most possession systems don't suit goal scoring strikers as they're setup for more fluid movement if attackers.  It doesn't give them space to run into unless the rest of the team can be patient and create space for them. 

Are your ST not getting chances? If not is it there fault of the other players? Is that then due to what you've told them or the type of players used (attributes+traits)?

Dembele is a speedster, not really the type of player to work in tight areas which makes me question how well your team fits the style. Even if they are quality players they need to be used to maximize the strengths.

If want specific advice you'll need to post your tactic, ideally with your 1st choice players to see how they fit together.

3 hours ago, Paddy9596 said:

currently using Moussa Dembele in an Advanced Forward role in a 4231 control possession tactic at Chelsea

AF is precisely the role that tends to struggle the most when played as a lone striker in control/possession/high-pressing/heavy-attacking systems (one of which yours seems to be). Of course, the tactic as a whole needs to be set up in the right way, not just the role of your striker(s).

For that particular reason, I would like to see a screenshot of your tactic (if possible).