Non-Binary Language

Ber-T

27 minutes ago, Jimmy Wong said:

Can you provide any examples of your request, please? 

I don't think this is something which has happened in real-life yet - it's more a LGBT issue. Some people don't identify as either gender and prefer to use neutral pronouns such as they/them rather than he/him or she/her.

That being said @Ber-T while I'd also love to see this in the game I don't know if it's really possible. SI said years back that introducing the Female option was itself difficult because of the amount of changes that had to be made to all the foriegn language files to accomodate it, given the different impact changing gender has on grammatical structure. A gender-neutral option would be an absolute nightmare because many languages are much more gendered than English is, and there's a real-life problem of non-binary people not really being able to express themselves in such languages without either introducing gender or the sentences sounding ridiculously convoluted. So I can't imagine SI would go to the very substantial effort there for an issue which is only going to effect a tiny proportion of players and, unlike the female option, doesn't yet apply to any real-world players or managers that I'm aware of.

Archived