New Nation - No European Championships - HELP!

Shrew82

Hi all, i have a created a new nation in Europe and have managed to set it up so that everything works, from continental qualification, to a manageable National Team, however the European Championships aren't activated in the game... they exist, but don't take place.  The World Cup works fine and the new nation enters the qualification stages for this.  The Nation League works fine (i removed Kazakhstan from Europe, and removed their Nation League place, replacing it with the new nation).  I cannot do or find anything to add my nation to this competition or work out how to edit it.

From reading other posts I've seen that there are others who have experienced this issue, but has anyone found a work around?

In my project 1.0 of the Sardinian nation I've used an exint nation to do that and found a couple of problems doing with an exint one.

1) After creating the new nation it's not possible in game to select it if I want to start a new career and set the nation like mine nationality.

2) After creating 1st 2nd and 3rd division + nation cup in this new nation it's quite hard to make possible for the winners of the competition to participate to european competition per clubs like EL and CL.

3) An issue similar to the problem you find, I guess that for some reason the number of nations who could participate to UEFA european qualifying phase is set (not editable) and not possible to add a new nation to this group; at the same time I din't find the way to substitute properly one nation enabled with a new one.

I've never tried to edit with the advanced rules in the editor something concerning rules of competition like Champions League, Europa League, Euro Qualifying tournament, Word Cup Qualifying tournament and so on as it's needed a large knowledge of the impacts you could have on the FM playability.

I've reported my endeavours with such a project in another thread, that you can find here.  Tl; Dr? Swapping a nation for another was rather seamless. Even after removing a certain number of countries, the EL and CL worked fine in my situation, as the default rules are flexible enough to allow for that. However, making international competitions if you dare to add or remove a nation is a long, LONG trip that can see you redoing at lot, if not all senior team international competitions due to various and sometimes undisclosed dependencies they have towards one another. And you can't "just" edit the default vanilla rules because some of them are hard-coded and not editable in the Editor (they may not even display properly), and some are just plain unavailable even when resorting to known Editor tricks. I asked SI whether it would be possible or not in the future to load and edit default/vanilla rules, but I haven't received a positive answer.

Archived