The One Nationality Challenge

Goal: To win the Champions League with a team consisting only of ONE nationality (Starting 11 + bench).

Bonus Goal: That nation also wins EURO/World Cup.

Rules:

• You can only sign/loan players of your chosen nationality.
  • While you don't have to actively try to sell foreign players, you MUST accept any offer that comes in for them.
  • You cannot renew contracts for foreign players currently on the team.

I would recommend trying within leagues that typically rely heavily on foreign players (England, France, Belgium, Greece, Italy, Portugal and Germany).

I'm currently trying with Manchester United and I'm finding it to be incredibly challenging (and fun). Other PL clubs rarely want to sell their homegrown talent, so you either have to pay insane transfer fees or settle for lesser-known options to train up to their potential. Your youth academy also becomes a crucial part of your success.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Finished first season 2nd in the league with 2nd best defense 

france.thumb.jpg.b9b7499ef4a1bdb6c86ca68c999c6870.jpg

I used 4-4-1-1 formation but changed the roles and TI a lot but at the end we played like this which resulted in 12 match unbeaten run

4444.thumb.jpg.feec506ccc125139b5aba9477f398bfb.jpg

This was the usual starting line-up with only 3 foreign players. we drew with PSG twice both 0-0. and our best win was against Marseille which we won 5-2 and Monaco 4-0.

Remy Cabella was the best player with most goals and assist. also he was 3rd in most chances created and key passes in the league.

I signed a free agent for right-back position and loaned out a left-back and that was it.

now i need to spend time in transfer market i want to buy players with high determination and workrate because i think these attribute helps in overachieving.

youth academy should be upgraded too.

• 3 weeks later...

This is how I play every FM save, whichever country I'm managing in I try to have my squad consist solely of that nationality.

I've never won the champs league yet. I did win a couple of Europa League's in last years release when I was at Sampdoria but I can't remember if I'd managed to clear the squad of foreigners or not by those points.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 08/09/2019 at 09:28, RandomGuy. said:

Was thinking of exactly this last night, so this thread is perfect for setting out rules.

How do people act with youth candidates? Just release them if they're foreign?, or keep them around and try and sell them without playing them?

Personally I will use them in the league if needed or they have high potential and sell them on to improve my clubs finances.

I won’t use them in Europe at all though.