how to get a good tactic in 2019 football manager

2 hours ago, Axyongaming007 said:

I did a tactic. What do you think? What else could I adjust?

image.thumb.png.54af9da71f41bcba4e63f06ef7fe8dd3.png

image.thumb.png.7cb3a8f3784d0f52b0c5c5c4159359b4.png

image.thumb.png.5e4540f6bd3792bdf31991915f9d9f2b.png

image.thumb.png.6fac6fe49a5f4cea1c8a5dc9cc0802fb.png

I don't know your players, so I'll tell you some of the tweaks I would suggest that you should consider on the assumption that they (players) are suitable for this system and the roles you gave them:

- remove the Focus play through the middle TI (on attacking mentality, it's extremely risky defense-wise)

- lower extremely urgent pressing to default

- instead of much higher LOE, use standard LOE paired with either higher or standard DL (for the sake of better vertical compactness)

- reduce tempo to default (you are on attacking mentality, so tempo will already be high enough, plus high mentality means your players are encouraged to move the ball forward quicker and in a more direct and risky fashion)

- remove the Overlap right TI and change the RB's role from IWBsu to FBat (in order to get a natural overlap along with some width in the final third)

- the Overlap left can remain, but change the duty of the LB to defend (IWBde)

- also consider changing the left CM from BWMde to CMde (to get more solid defensive cover in a top-heavy system without a DM)

- use the Pass into space TI as an occasional option, rather than a part of a starting tactic

- in transition, allow the keeper to distribute to both CBs and FBs, so that he can pick the better (safer) option in any given situation

It's really hard to say what's your idea with this tactic. Some of its elements suit direct counter-attacking football, but then some other (such as much higher LOE and extreme pressing) run counter to it.

Also bear in mind that in a 4231 your both CMs need to be defensively sound, in addition to being able to support attacks.

Archived