Save game won’t load?

Hello,

I had a great game going, many seasons in, but my computer updated with the game up and now the save won’t load and it wasn’t backed up to the cloud.

Is there anyway of retrieving it?

Thanks 

Did you turn off your PC right after closing down the game (with the game saving just before you quit out) by any chance?

If so, you shut down your PC while it was still saving (as it is still sorting out the save file after the game closes), and that save is likely gone now. Did you have any earlier autosaves?

Any power issues while running or saving an existing save will have corrupted that save and you will need to go back to the last backup.  At the very least you will have a  save called "last save overwrite backup" in the Games folder and that will be reasonably recent.

4 hours ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

Did you turn off your PC right after closing down the game (with the game saving just before you quit out) by any chance?

If so, you shut down your PC while it was still saving (as it is still sorting out the save file after the game closes), and that save is likely gone now. Did you have any earlier autosaves?

this has happened to me before

Archived