Is this correct? (FM19)

I apologize if there’s already a thread for a questions like this, but I am not sure what it would be then.

I haven’t played football manager for five years and just bought a copy of FM19 to enjoy. It seems like quite a bit has changed, but it’s for the better.

However, I am seriously wondering if I ran into a bug or if this is how the game has changed. I’m managing a tier 4 team in Sweden (Lindome GIF in Div 2 West Gotland). In the third season, we managed  to qualify to tier 3 (Div. 1), and as such we get to play in the Swedish Cup Tournament, which would be super fun if it wasn’t for my management, who expects me to win the whole damn thing! 😳

Can this be correct, or is this a bug? It seems unrealistic, and I hope I don’t get fired if I don’t win this thing.

i saw that one can set up philosophies (goals) before each season starts, but the Swedish Cup was not on there, only a desire to not get relegated right away. Any thoughts, anyone?

hace 7 horas, anystroem dijo:

I apologize if there’s already a thread for a questions like this, but I am not sure what it would be then.

I haven’t played football manager for five years and just bought a copy of FM19 to enjoy. It seems like quite a bit has changed, but it’s for the better.

However, I am seriously wondering if I ran into a bug or if this is how the game has changed. I’m managing a tier 4 team in Sweden (Lindome GIF in Div 2 West Gotland). In the third season, we managed  to qualify to tier 3 (Div. 1), and as such we get to play in the Swedish Cup Tournament, which would be super fun if it wasn’t for my management, who expects me to win the whole damn thing! 😳

Can this be correct, or is this a bug? It seems unrealistic, and I hope I don’t get fired if I don’t win this thing.

i saw that one can set up philosophies (goals) before each season starts, but the Swedish Cup was not on there, only a desire to not get relegated right away. Any thoughts, anyone?

Sounds like a bug to me, are you sure you are not mixing the swedish cup with another domestic cup? I know nothing about swedish football system but it could very well be a second/third division cup maybe? Gibraltar has a cup for only second division so idk if thats the case with swedish sides

I have looked over the system the best I know how. I think they only have a domestic cup that the top 64 teams (or so) qualify for, and then they have a trophy for whomever win the top league. 

Anyway, I got knocked out in the second round but I am still here, so I'm not sure of what that was. I didn't know if the chairs had been given insane personalities on purpose or if this was just a bug. When I go to my board, it also doesn't say anything about disappointment that I didn't win the cup. It only states in the competition segment that I participated. Maybe there is hell to pay once this season concludes!? ;-)

Archived