How Do I Beat My Enemy

Evening everyone,im having a good time with my Aberdeen side up in Scotland but I need your help as im really struggling to beat Celtic.

I think the record is won 5 drew 6 lost 9 but if I could find the right way I could end up dominating Scotland.

Now I know they have the better players and 99 times out of an hundred they should win but im really interested in how you would set up against Celtic if you were me.

I have given all the information I have regarding there tactics etc and any help would be great.

I have found some success in playing a high line and pushing right up against them to try and stop them playing but only some success.

One thing I often do against significantly better teams: I use the 'fluid counter' preset out of nowhere. At most two to three times a year to not let opponents catch on and spoil the surprise. 

The preset actually is good at soaking up pressure against more offensive teams and through quick but controlled counters denies their superior defense the chance to intercept risky balls or tackle the striker. 

While I personally prefer the 4411 for it to work, I think your base should work as well if (and only if) your wingbacks are good and disciplined enough. If not, I'd give them a more defensive duty and let the outer MCs run wide instead. 

Well, it's pretty simple. They score from crosses and they concede from crosses. Get your wingers on the attack, have your full backs and wingers force them to play through the middle. I'm not one-hundred percent sure, but besides opposition instructions, for which you would want to have them mark their opponent tightly. Hope this helps! I used this with Motherwell on a geggenpress and us one 1-0. It was a rough game tho, and we arguably got lucky.

You posted so many screenshots of Celtic scout report(s), but not a single one of your tactic.

And btw, try to be more realistic: 

4 hours ago, Ciderarmy said:

I need your help as im really struggling to beat Celtic.

I think the record is won 5 drew 6 lost 9

You have 5 wins and 6 draws against probably the best club in Scotland. So you should be more than pleased with your record against them.

Archived