Player individual training

Please help me, is it possible to train player to specific role in my tactic and not train his position? And what training playing position means, does player train position there or his playing role?

2 hours ago, Filke said:

is it possible to train player to specific role in my tactic and not train his position?

For FM19, no.

2 hours ago, Filke said:

And what training playing position means, does player train position there or his playing role?

He'll train position there and whatever role is selected as the training (which does not have to be his playing role).  Role training is nothing more than focussing training on a selection of attributes, so if you want a player to focus on training certain attributes which happens to differ from the role he plays in your tactic, go right ahead.

11 minutes ago, herne79 said:

For FM19, no.

He'll train position there and whatever role is selected as the training (which does not have to be his playing role).  Role training is nothing more than focussing training on a selection of attributes, so if you want a player to focus on training certain attributes which happens to differ from the role he plays in your tactic, go right ahead.

Excellent so my players will train for tactic role and position if I dont touch individual training. Thats great. Can you help me how to set player rest, happened to me that biglia recovered from injury and next day injured again in training. Should I put players <90% condition to rest? Thank you.

1 hour ago, Filke said:

Excellent so my players will train for tactic role and position if I dont touch individual training.

No, that's not what I said.  They will not train for their tactical role and position if you don't touch individual training.  They will only train for a role and position if you do touch individual training.

If you don't touch individual training your players will just focus on their General Training.

15 minutes ago, herne79 said:

No, that's not what I said.  They will not train for their tactical role and position if you don't touch individual training.  They will only train for a role and position if you do touch individual training.

If you don't touch individual training your players will just focus on their General Training.

Ok i understand now, and about player rest, can you help me about that. When should players train normal when half intensity and when rest.

2 hours ago, Filke said:

Can you help me how to set player rest, happened to me that biglia recovered from injury and next day injured again in training. Should I put players <90% condition to rest? Thank you.

40 minutes ago, Filke said:

When should players train normal when half intensity and when rest.

There's no formula to say when you should or shouldn't do something.  All you can do is consider the injury risk reports you get, balancing that against things such as the intensity of your tactic, player's Natural Fitness and Injury Proneness, squad rotation and recent injuries.

There are never any guarantees - even the fittest of players can pick up an injury, all we can do is try to minimise the risk.  There are a couple of training guides pinned to the top of the forum which may help further.

9 minutes ago, herne79 said:

There's no formula to say when you should or shouldn't do something.  All you can do is consider the injury risk reports you get, balancing that against things such as the intensity of your tactic, player's Natural Fitness and Injury Proneness, squad rotation and recent injuries.

There are never any guarantees - even the fittest of players can pick up an injury, all we can do is try to minimise the risk.  There are a couple of training guides pinned to the top of the forum which may help further.

Yea i have read guides about training but didnt see anything about rest. I would set it up that players below 80% dont train at all and dont know will my players lose ability because of that.

1 hour ago, Filke said:

I would set it up that players below 80% dont train at all and dont know will my players lose ability because of that.

I can only tell you my own approach to the rest section of training, which I have been pleased with thus far:

- after a match, I give one day of rest to each player whose condition is below 75% (which actually means 2 days of rest, because one is already there by default)

- players with condition below 90% are set to half intensity (automatic)

- I always follow physio recommendation (so if the physio says that a certain player should be set to double intensity, I set him so; the same goes for half intensity)

59 minutes ago, Experienced Defender said:

I can only tell you my own approach to the rest section of training, which I have been pleased with thus far:

- after a match, I give one day of rest to each player whose condition is below 75% (which actually means 2 days of rest, because one is already there by default)

- players with condition below 90% are set to half intensity (automatic)

- I always follow physio recommendation (so if the physio says that a certain player should be set to double intensity, I set him so; the same goes for half intensity)

Thanks for your advice. I find default rest schedule is very aggressive.

2 hours ago, Filke said:

I would set it up that players below 80% dont train at all and dont know will my players lose ability because of that.

Players won't lose ability because of rest.

If they spend too much time resting they may not gain ability quite as quickly (although they may still due to playing matches) but they won't lose ability.

3 hours ago, herne79 said:

Players won't lose ability because of rest.

If they spend too much time resting they may not gain ability quite as quickly (although they may still due to playing matches) but they won't lose ability.

Is it possible to set my staff to change training intensity? To switch to half intensity/double intensity when my physio recommends it?

Screenshot (47).png

Archived