[SUGGESTION] International manager influence

Lunga

Hi everyone

So, I was the manager of the US national team in one of my many saves. The 2022 World Cup was approaching, and Christian Pulisic, who had been snapped up by PSG, wasn't getting any game time. He started four games all season, and came off the bench 10 times for a grand total of 14 games the season leading up to the 2022 World Cup. That was pretty frustrating for me because he was by far my best player. The media kept on reminding me that he wasn't playing, so therefore he shouldn't go to the World Cup, but there was no way I was going to leave him out of the squad.

This whole thing got me thinking -- How about a feature in the future where the national team manager can tell a player that he needs to be playing more for his club if he wants to keep getting selected. The international manager can either suggest the player look for a loan move, or a transfer, depending on what's best for the situation at hand. It's something that happens often in real life and I think the game should include something like that.

Does this not already happen to certain extent? I'm sure I've seen media reports where Pulisic, for example, blames his club manager for not making the USA squad and I seem to recall a press conference question regarding a 1 cap international I had and whether I felt he'd have to move to a bigger team to cement his place (not sure whether the international manager was quoted as suggesting it, actually). Never managed a country so maybe it's just an AI/club manager thing.

Archived