defensive team offsides?

(Still playing FM2018)

Just had my Striker score a goal, however he was obviously offside by at least a step or two, so I had no issue with the goal being disallowed. However, the side judge(or whatever he is called) rulled that the defender of my striker was offside and the goal for their team is disallowed. Wait...what?

lol....I remember in the early release of '18 there were a couple of glitches like that.

I had MY defender score an own goal, but instead of going 0-1 down, it 'announced' as an own goal, MY keeper picking the ball out of our net - but we got the goal and the defender recorded as the goalscorer. Won the game 1-0!

So without knowing which version and update/build you are on, it sounds like it was one of 'those' incidents - thankfully extremely rare.

10 hours ago, phantom9in said:

(Still playing FM2018)

Just had my Striker score a goal, however he was obviously offside by at least a step or two, so I had no issue with the goal being disallowed. However, the side judge(or whatever he is called) rulled that the defender of my striker was offside and the goal for their team is disallowed. Wait...what?

What game version of FM 18 are you playing?

Archived