Interaction

motdattan

We've seen the growing interaction with players and even the introduction of promises during a contract negotiation. It really surprises me that when you start as the manager of a nation, there's 0 interaction possible to convince a player with two nationalities to play for your nation. You can only press "Ask to represent nation" and you get the answer in your mailbox. You can't talk to the player, you can't make promises (make him (vice-)captain), play him all the time etc.) and you can't make clear to him he probably will never play for his other nation, because he just isn't good enough.

I would love to see a feature that would allow us to talk to those players and have some sort of influence on the decision. Ask a Dutchie, we've seen this a lot lately. First with Ziyech, who eventually chose for Morocco, then Soufyan Amrabat and now PSV talent Ihattaran is the centre of attention. IRL the manager of the nation invites the player over for a talk about his future (possible) international carreer.

In my opinion this "new feature" wouldn't be difficult or take much time to add, since it would be a copy of the current interaction system you do have as manager of a club. But it would add a lot to the fun of being the manager of a nation. Plus it adds realism, see abovementioned examples of Ziyech, Amrabat and Ihattaran.

Archived