Improved contextual options to persuade players to stay

maccataq

I'm currently managing Bilbao and I have got to January top of the league and now I'm facing a barrage of transfer offers for my players and for obvious reasons, I'm reluctant to let anyone go.

The problem I see is that there is no option to persuade players to stay based on the context of our progress and opportunity:

• 1 player wanted to go to Valencia because they play in CL. I'm pretty confident we will make it given we're top so I offer a promise and the player refutes that and says it's not realistic when clearly it is. Valencia lie 5th currently so it would be natural to say you don't think they'll qualify next season and we will.
  • Other players want to move to bigger clubs / get paid more which is fair but I would want an option to persuade them to stay on the basis that we might win the league, even if we may not be favourites given our over-achievement so far but would any of those Leicester players have left in January when they went on to win the title? It always bugs me that a player would want to leave when they could stick around at least 6 months longer and win a trophy (although i understand that it probably does happen in real life)
  • Bilbao are fairly unique and I believe Basque players have a greater sense of belonging and loyalty given the club policy and philosophy. Being able to reference the club policy to persuade players to stay would be good.

• 1 year later...