PSG- Chasing the European Dream

lblanc

Lyon got 4 more points in that save than I did in mine managing them...where I won the league haha

Do all your reserves have "needs better challenges" in their training tab? That's a problem I found which is what made me switch over from France to Holland - the Dutch 2nd tier is significantly better than the French 4th tier so means your players don't stop developing the second they hit 18 and need game time over training. 

7 hours ago, zlatanera said:

Lyon got 4 more points in that save than I did in mine managing them...where I won the league haha

Do all your reserves have "needs better challenges" in their training tab? That's a problem I found which is what made me switch over from France to Holland - the Dutch 2nd tier is significantly better than the French 4th tier so means your players don't stop developing the second they hit 18 and need game time over training. 

Yeah mad 90 points in  a season would normally well win you a league, in fact Only myself and Juventus 93 points got more then that over the top 5 leagues in Europe.

Tbh i haven't checked the mood of the reserves, there are some decent young players in there alright, but I'm not sure they'll ever be up to the level required. Obviously the Reserves can't be promoted so if I want them to be challenged more some of them shall be going on loan next season.

4 hours ago, lblanc said:

Yeah mad 90 points in  a season would normally well win you a league, in fact Only myself and Juventus 93 points got more then that over the top 5 leagues in Europe.

Tbh i haven't checked the mood of the reserves, there are some decent young players in there alright, but I'm not sure they'll ever be up to the level required. Obviously the Reserves can't be promoted so if I want them to be challenged more some of them shall be going on loan next season.

That’s nuts for a first season, it’s very rare anyone in Europe gets 80 points 1st season I’ve found. Although I guess maybe it happens more when you have first window transfer budgets activated?

dont worry it’s not a morale thing, they’ll not all start complaining. It’s the coaches opinion

On 10/04/2019 at 12:26, zlatanera said:

That’s nuts for a first season, it’s very rare anyone in Europe gets 80 points 1st season I’ve found. Although I guess maybe it happens more when you have first window transfer budgets activated?

dont worry it’s not a morale thing, they’ll not all start complaining. It’s the coaches opinion

Yeah rest of European league managed only about mid 80's at the most. As said only myself and Juve got more the the 90 points Lyon got.

I've had a look through coaches opinions for my reserves and U19, there is a few who will be loaned out this term based on the opinions alright, though I don't really think many of the reserves will ever be truly capable of stepping up but some of the under 19's have potential Kays Ruiz and Adil Aouchiche being the main two I have high hopes for, the latter has already played a game for the senior team last season

Season 2

Before I go into transfers I'll just highlight my Pre-season results

image.thumb.png.2b4319408d5c7b400ac93d8053572623.png

I set up a League with Krasnodar, Man City and Bayer 04 which I won nicely majority of my big hitters were still away on International duty so I was quite pleased. An away match against Wolfsburg was followed by a tour of Qatar.

So now onto the transfers

Out

A total of 20 players left the club on permanent deals or on loan, some very significant 

Edison Cavani to Manchester Utd - €82m

Angel Di Maria to Chelsea - €74m

Thiago Silva to Shanggang €34m

Kevin Trapp to Dortmund €12m

Grzegorz Krychowiak to Lokomotiv Moscow - €10m

Jese to Fenerbache - €8m

Choup Moting to Leeds €5.5m

The likes of Sarr,Saelamaekers, Weah and Rajkovic (6 months) went out on loan to Villareal, Feyenoord, Sampdoria and Red Star respectively.

The rest were reserves players who didn't really matter much.

Ins 

A total of 5 players have been brought in

Bakker*, Varane  and Chiesa I have already mentioned so who are the other 2?? (*Bakker went out loan )

First up for a World Record Transfer for a goalkeeper for €137m from Atlético Madrid 

Jan Oblak

image.png.164764ae74220d5cd23cb7c3dd28cc9e.png

A massive fee but with Buffon deciding to hang up his gloves I decided to go all out and bring in a high profile name and Jan is certainly that.

With Cavani going I wanted someone in to replace him. I initially wanted Icardi but Inter were looking for 250m which I wasn't paying

So from the transfer list for €49m

Andrea Belotti

image.png.4106cd2914e83445f8d18ece27720a89.png

The Rooster himself Andrea Belotti, someone I've always admired but again never bought he brings my Italian contingent up to 4.(it will be 3 come December of course)

Up next the start of August

image.thumb.png.8c4643dd2bf85601fe91596006f986b8.png

Before that though I have to decide who shall take over the armband from the departed Silva.

Verratti- is the current vice captain so is a strong contender, he's Now a team leader too though his leadership stat is only 12 though the rest of his mental state are very good.

Neymar- pretty much ever present last season and has strong leadership stats. Though I'm not the biggest fan of forwards being captain.

Marquinhos- was my 3rd choice last season and will be a starter for sure though he is not considered a team leader yet in the hierarchy.

Season 2- August

So the second season begins, just like the last one finished with domestic silverware

The Trophee des Champions 

image.png.d875ec74dca6bb550dca003095769f20.png

A relatively easy win over Monaco (even though they didn't actually win any cup or finish second last season so not sure how they were my opponent)

In the league

image.thumb.png.fffb6e1df98998ae81df383751afbada.png

100% record but due to the league starting when I was away in China for the Trophee match I'm currently playing catch up with a game in hand over over Marseille

image.thumb.png.69cd6307e78e1b4c983634b747ea6cf8.png

Of course the one I want is of course the Champions League and I've got drawn into a very hand group

image.png.3e85f9c9df1672f24af3a52744c28fd0.png

Shakhtar, Young Boys and Ajax without getting too ahead of myself shouldn't cause much trouble

The month of September is a relatively short one for me due to an International break but an important one of course

image.thumb.png.9a33c066f7073326c0c1c67de466fba7.png

Not only do I start my Champions League group away to Ajax, I welcome Marseille to the Parc.

A small bit of transfer news to update on, 

image.png.38679aa38d0af2029a7be6a1577ca3f8.png

Kaio Jorge - from Santos for €5m (€12m with add ons) 

Though this deal won't go through until his 18th birthday on the 24th January

Season 2- September

Despite this month being only 3 games it took me ages to get through (Real life getting in the way)

After the International break first up was RC Lens

image.png.89b4be0887dcc55409c0471eddc3960c.png

I was actually slightly disappointed in this, as you can see I was 4 up at half time but couldn't add to it in the second but I suppose it was 3 points.

Up next was my first CL game and what a game

image.png.ac76c3cc45955f4783e5319bd3042de2.png

Ajax were brilliant in the first half, though I kept in touch with them, I tore into my team at half time and they went out in the second half and scored 3 unanswered to give me the win.

Randomly I actually only noticed while preparing for this game that last season I had both Ajax and Young Boys in my CL group as I do this season.

Next after that epic was the small matter of the Classico

image.png.4148ea8c0bee48f66498bb2c39af23b6.png

Another win, another clean sheet in the league, Oblak is yet to concede in the league (Areola played the first game of the season)

League table as follows

image.thumb.png.920db7f264ac83087a3f402a5ad8ad95.png

Guingamp have just lost their unbeaten run to Bordeaux who I have a game in hand over. 

Next up in the month of October

image.thumb.png.78f1f20eacdfc2be81e2621a63b7cb61.png

Two home Champions Leagues ties as well trip to Monaco.

One thing I have to say I was very impressed with was  on the 23rd Sept after only 80 days at the club

image.thumb.png.3162ae04adb9dd759fab05ba9a5807f2.png

Not sure if he spoke Basic French beforehand but still to be fluent in a language in 80 days, fair play to him

Season 2- October

So October is done

image.thumb.png.456717886703431302821c5bde9b58c8.png

Still 100% 

Two comfortable 4-1 wins in the Champions League and 3 convincing wins in the league still only 1 goal conceded

I'd like to say it's all down to Oblak but my defense has just been so solid though

image.png.2fd093029b844acada0c67ce3fd51ab9.png

He has only face 12 shots in those 8 games.

image.thumb.png.d4e53afd083e09059f1c47bd951edfdb.png

5 points clear with a game in hand. last years challengers Lyon have lost as many games this season as they did last year. It's looking like Marseille will be the main chasers this year.

Up next November, this shall be a sad one as it will see Gianlugi Buffon hang up his gloves.

image.thumb.png.565e647265eb99be36059c1792e79728.png

To say goodbye to him I've scheduled two friendlies during the International break with Italian opposition to act as a farewell (Though I suspect them to perhaps be cancelled once players get called up to International duty, we shall see)

Depending on the result of Shakhtar vs Ajax a win against Young Boys will see me through to the next round top of the group with 2 games to spare.

Season 2- November

The long month of November is finally over

It was the month we lost our 100% record.

image.thumb.png.6edce7307c347be4cd2c12f6f2d3d8fb.png

An 0-0 with Guingamp before the International break was a disappointment but we quickly put it behind us to say goodbye to Gigi who would retire on the 20/11. It was a sad few days were he got his last two games and two clean sheets (Actually 3 as he played against Guingamp too.

Though he has retired for playing he has joined my backroom team as U19 goalkeeping coach.

It is now 12 games since I conceded in the league meaning I'm closing in on the record set by Bordeaux  back in the 92/93 season, can I do it?

image.thumb.png.f8cbefd5ac264922cc23293d1f960b8e.png

If I do break it, it will be at home to Lyon

The current league table

image.thumb.png.885fa1d47e674680b281b4fd1dd8a78f.png

• 1 month later...

Just about to begin my 2nd season as PSG. 1st season I won the league in some style winning 31 games & drawing 7. However I was knocked out of the domestic cups in the latter stages, both on pens & Liverpool gave me a real good battering in the CL quater finals.

Signings in the first season were: Dubois, Ndombele, Elneny (loan) & Ikone (loan). I sold Draxler for around £40mil to Real Madrid.

Signings so far for my 2nd campaign are: Ferland Mendy, Doucoure & Felix Joao. Lo Celso has come back looking mightily impressive from his loan spell so he is now in the first team squad. I have so far sold Kurzawa to a chinese club & a couple of other squad fillers. I am now relentlessly pursuing De Gea to be my next major signing as my replacement for Buffon who is due to retire mid season.

Archived