[FM19] ULTIMATE LEGENDS & STARS 1880 - 2019

Welcome to the Ultimate Legends & Stars 1880 - 2019

* Accurate ratings and statistics due to extensive research and testing, every player is correctly coded, no stats are left to the computer to generate so you don't get lots of players with inaccurate ratings for vital statistics. Every single legend and star is tested prior to release to ensure they play exactly like their real life counterparts.

This Database covers the whole of Football History since 1880-2019 and has been produced every year since 2014. It is the most accurate and best quality and most in depth Legends Database ever produced for Football Manager and has been since FM14

* The whole game is re-coded from top to bottom. No player is released into the game until fully researched and fully tested.  

This is the ULTIMATE LEGENDS GAME! More Legends and More Stars than ever before!

The Ultimate football show on Earth, A diamond generation, where every star or legend since the 1880's to the present day is back and ready to play.

What would happen if every top club had their best 25 players from all time, available to them for selection? If those same clubs had their most influential Chairmen and most famous managers at the helm? Who would win? What would happen? We are about to find out exactly that!

Can you defeat the Total Football of Ajax Golden Generation? Can you handle being kicked all over the park by the Mighty Whites (Leeds)? How will you stop the worlds legendary players from performing? What are you going to do when they come to play against you? Can you motivate a team to win against a side managed by Brian Clough? Is it possible to even beat a Jose Mourinho Team with 25 of Chelsea's best ever players? All these Questions and many more will be answered soon......... *** COMING SOON ***

Legends and Stars from 1880's to Present day to give each top team 25 of their best players where possible ensuring a balance of playing positions in each squad.

This promises to be the most comprehensive and in depth Stars and Legends game ever.

Realistic data and historical records to ensure complete accuracy in game due to extensive research and public opinion.

More legends and stars back in the game than ever before.

25 man teams for all the Top Clubs around the world.

The return of Wimbledon.

The return of Ajax Golden Generation

The return of the original Invincibles Preston North End

The return of the Danish European Championship winning teams

The return of Burnley's Golden Days between 1914-1921 and 1946-1976, Burnley have been Football League Champions twice, in 1920–21 and 1959–60 and have won the FA Cup once, in 1914. The Clarets also reached the 1961 quarter-finals of the European Cup.

The return of Sheffield Wednesday formerly known as The Wednesday

The return of Wolverhampton Wanderers winner of 13 Trophies overall including 3 league championships and 4 FA Cups.

The return of Sunderland, the team of all talents, 6 league championships and 2 time FA Cup Champions.

The return of Don Revie's Leeds United, The Mighty Whites, 3 time league champions, 2 Europa leagues and the most successful team in England in the Seventies.

The return of Brian Clough's highly successful Nottingham Forest, 13 trophies including back to back European Cups and 1 league championship.

The return of the great and heated rivalry between Brian Clough and Don Revie

The return of Blackburn Rovers, 12 trophies overall including 3 League Championships and 6 times FA Cup Champions.

The return of the Austrian Wunderteam

* Mega Face Pack Release *

* Top Division Clubs Greatest Managers back based on their first real period of Success or Greatest Achievements where possible*

Legends and Stars in all countries around the world from 1880's to 2018 to present you with the Ultimate Legends and Stars Football Manager Series.

Where possible legends will be between 15 to 21 again 

Most players will be at their clubs at the exact age they had joined those clubs. This can easily be checked via Wikipedia and other top online sources.

If there are any legends or stars you would like to see in this database then please let me know and the relevant research will be carried out and I will do my best to get them included for you if they have not been previously researched and included already.

I will be releasing previews of the teams that I feel are close to completion. Please note that these are not the final teams but will give you a good indication of what the final team is going to look like. I will also release previews of Players as the project progresses as well.

Further Updates will be revealed in due course. Any Questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Q: Will you be editing Legends and Stars who are close to retirement but not yet finished their Careers

A: Yes, all I can guarantee is that a Legend or Star will be mainly at a club at the exact age they were at that club.

Q: This Player is not a Legend.

A: This is a Legend and Stars Game, so it's not just Legends, it is Stars as well!

Q: What is the difference between this Legends games and Legend Games of Yesteryear?

A: This is the Ultimate Legends and Stars Game encompassing 100 years of footballing history in more depth, there are thousands of Legends and Stars and this series will bring 25 man squads for all the very top teams and ensure a complete balance of playing positions throughout the squad and include the best ever 25 players to play for those clubs, from 1800's and will also see the return of the best managers. This will be the Ultimate Football Show, a Diamond Generation of Legends and Stars all on the field at the same time, a unique insight into history and very educational, this will decide what would have happened had all the Legends and Stars been alive at the same time, who would have won? Who wins the big trophies, which country had the best players over 100 years of history? This is the chance to find out the impossible? What IF??? Here it is.... So many questions will be answered...

Q: Why is a certain player at this club and not that club?

A: Let's discuss, and debate, then we can decide together, but there many be genuine reasons why a player is at a certain club, and equally it may just be oversight on my part so please bring it to my attention and we can talk about it...

Q: Have you created this player yet?

A: Let me know and either I will say yes, or do some research and then decide whether to create the player or not.

Q: What happens to the original players in these legends teams? for example where will Welbeck and Januzaj be as they have no previous senior clubs? are they deleted or in the u21's? I've been trying to plan what transfers I'm going to make when this DB is complete but there's SO MANY PLAYERS I WANT The amount of amazing players in the Premier league alone is insane, as will be Italy's Serie A but I bet the Brazilian league is unbelievable for obvious reasons with young Ronaldo's, Dunga's, Bebeto's, Romario's, Rivaldo's, Cafu's, Roberto Carlos's here there and everywhere. Or more to the point could you really significantly improve any team considering the standards most teams will be at in this game? you could probably spend 60m on somebody to only marginally improve your squad, Ultimately maybe the only way to win with this DB is by being the superior tactician?

A: These are 25 man squads and no more than 25 players in each team starting out. Welbeck and Januzaj are not deleted, but they and all the other originals who didn't make the 25 man teams, will now be released and available on free transfers to whoever wants to snap them up! Alternatively they may be put back to earlier clubs if they were at a previous club before. This should help lower division club managers or other club managers snap them up if they want to. There's going to be a lot of good players on free transfers starting out. You are right and it is going to be insane!

Q: Will you be making this available through the steam workshop? Looks incredible and cannot wait to play this database. I'm interested in how you go about deciding ratings for individual players, it must take a lot of prep work in terms of accuracy and also how many teams are you planning on covering?

A: No. I will certainly be making it available. Extensive research, Public Opinion, Full Biographies /FAN FORUMS/ Histories / Periodic Analysis / Online Sources/ FIFA, PES, Older FM Databases and Player Caps and Achievements etc. all contribute towards determining the ratings of a player to ensure accuracy and realistic stats / special moves etc.. so that each player who is recreated is as close to that player as can possibly be. All data will be as accurate as it can possibly be. It does take a tremendous amount of prep work, but I don't do half jobs, this will be as close to perfect as it can possibly be before it will be released. All of the Premiership, the return of all the successful clubs in English football, all the top teams in Europe and around the world. More teams than ever before, more legends and stars than ever before. I can't give you a specific number at this stage because this is still in development

Q: How are you deciding what PA to give each player?

A: I am doing a lot of research and looking at all sorts of things like stats, records, international caps, reading reports on the players, lots of different articles, quotes from public and inside knowledge, online sources and generally a lot of common sense. comparisons to similar players etc etc.. I am looking for what they could do as a player, success achieved, background, teams they played in, I wouldn't say there is any one factor but a combination of many different areas before deciding. I am very much taking the players current age into account as well and how long i think they will have to develop to their full potential and am being quite mathematical about it all. I am using my own knowledge of football and players, especially the ones i remember to compare and decided upon.

Q: When will this game be released?

A: This game will only be released once it has been completed, I do not have a definite release date yet but as soon as I do I will announce it on here, in the meantime, thank you so much for your patience while this massive project is being completed.

Q: Are you including the achievements and histories of your legends up until their current age in-game?

A: I am including the histories and achievements of players up until their current age in game, as long as the players histories and achievements up until that point were already in the game, so for the majority of these, it is just a case of updating the dates and achievements of each player, to bring them up to date with their current age in the game starting out, which is time consuming as well, but I think it is important for the game to be as realistic as possible when it is released.

Where the players were not in the database to begin with, I am not including the achievements and histories, however if you wish to add these yourself once the game is released, then please feel free to do so! What I can guarantee is, if a player is at a club, then they were definitely at that club at that age and most of them are at the first top division club at the earliest age possible, so a lot of these legends and stars are young and at the clubs when they just joined those clubs, so they won't have already achieved much starting out anyway.

The majority of the top top players coming into their prime, are mostly in the database, albeit long since retired, but their full histories are already included in the game, so for these it is just a case of adjusting the dates and histories appropriately to bring them in line with, what the dates would have been, had they been alive and playing at that age, today. I have done this in order to add realism to the game so that the game makes perfect sense. In that way, I am trying to make the game as realistic as possible, in terms, of achievements, histories and dates.

If we had more time, I would of course manually enter any relevant achievements and histories for the newly created players as well, but if I did that, it would take too much time at this stage and my intention is to release as soon as possible! However the game still makes perfect sense as it just means for some of the players, it doesn't show previous history or achievements but just a fresh start from the age and club they begin this game in... and because they are generally early on in their careers, they don't have many achievements and histories to add starting out anyway.

Q: How long have you been working on this project?

A: I have been working on this project for a good while before I started this project in 2014 and it takes a bit more time, just to complete one player, I find that the longest period for me, is the research and development and testing phase of the players, in order to bring them as close to reality as I possibly can.

Q: Have you considered the financial aspect and when teams start to sell their players?

A: I have also done a lot of work in terms of updating the contracts of every single star and legend, and the financial situations of each club according to reputation and overall success of each club in the last 100 years, to provide a fair balance financially across the board, there will be no touching club finances in order to keep the game totally realistic and there will be no sugar daddies in this game either, so no clubs will be in any desperate need to sell any of their players. The idea of this will be to ensure that you won't be able to purchase a star or world class player on the cheap as this is totally unrealistic and the players will be on a 3 - 5 year contract starting out as well, even the youth players, who you can approach to sign, are on a good wage, so any purchases will result in compensation having to be paid to the former clubs and that is only if you can persuade the player to join in the first place!

I am considering all aspects of the game and my focus is entirely on the game playing out realistically, you will still be able to buy players but you wont get anyone for ridiculously unrealistic low transfer fees.

I am also making every star and legend what they are really worth starting out, in terms of today, what they would have been worth, had they been alive today, this is to ensure that when a club makes a bid for each player, they make a realistic bid which you will be more tempted to accept, this is because I wanted to eradicate the previous issues with clubs offering ridiculously low valuations of your player, and ones which you would refuse and potentially upset your player. The way that this game has been done, will hopefully wipe this issue out and mean that you get complete value if you decide to sell a player.

Finally as the top top teams have a full squad of 25 of their best ever players with a complete balance of each playing position, no manager will be in any desperate need to fill certain positions starting out and therefore you can take a more relaxed approach to the transfer market and bide your time until the right player at the right price comes along!

Also bear in mind that value is relative to current ability, potential ability and current age etc.., and as a lot of these legends and stars are young, there will always be players available to buy and at a reasonable price as well.. albeit a completely realistic one given the players age and abilities and the countries in which you are purchasing in so you might find some bargains in places like Hungary or the lower divisions in Germany.

Q: I think this player is overrated and this player is underrated.

A: I have taken many different factors into account before rating each player. Whilst I am happy to discuss the ratings, I will only be making adjustments if I agree after discussing that changes need to be made. I am not rating players by comparison, as every player is an individual and has unique overall skills and abilities, no two players are the same, they are all unique to themselves and should be treated as such, of course comparisons are bound to be made but that is not how I have gone about creating each player, and whilst there is a certain amount of creative freedom, it is important to also remember that you have to work within the confines of the ratings system to give as full an overall picture of a players abilities and skills as possible, it is not possible to get every single player perfect, but the aim is to get as close as possible, to try to bring that player as close to reality as possible. I take full responsibility for the ratings of every player that I have worked on, however I am always open to discussion and debate regarding this and if there is any player at all that you think is over or under powered, then let me know and I will be happy to discuss with you. I accept that not everyone is going to agree with the ratings or abilities of every single player and everyone opinions are valid and respected, but I have thoroughly researched every single player I have worked on and I am satisfied that the large majority of players are where they should be and deserve to be given their current age in the game when they begin and do remember that these ratings and statistics are recommend from heavy research including FIFA/PES/FM Articles, Online Media, Reports. Etc Etc ... 

Edited by Fenech

THE PROVISIONAL FINAL ARSENAL TEAM - This is my final Arsenal Squad - That is subject to change but unlikely to change. - If you want to make suggestions feel free to do so, I will either agree or disagree but will always give you a reason why one way or the other.

manager: Sir Herbert Chapman

Arsenal.png

Edited by Fenech

Arsenal could we have: Ted DrakeCharlie GeorgePaul Merson,  Bob Wilson, Cesc Fàbregas, Martin Keown,  Sammy Nelson or Lee Dixon (instead of Hector Bellerin), Liam Brady (instead of Jack Wilshere), Aaron Ramsey (instead of Michael Thomas), Thierry Henry (instead of or aswell as Frank Stapleton)

what do you think i know we cant have some legends because of age but Brady please       :)

THE BEST EVER XI

--------------------------SEAMAN------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------
----RICE-------ADAMS(c)-----------O'LEARY---------HAPGOOD----
-------------------VIEIRA-------------------------------------
---------------------------------BRADY------------------------
-------PIRES--------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------BASTIN---------
--------------------BERGKAMP----------------------------------
-----------------------------------HENRY----------------------

Edited by izagooner

1 hour ago, Kawee said:

Surely Alex James as well? You're making a squad of 25 for each team though?

Yes but i know Fenech likes to keep to some age limits  Alex James was 28 when he came to Arsenal so will most likely be in the Preston North End squad same reason i havent said about adding David Seaman, Ian Wright, Robert Pires  or Bergkamp

Edited by izagooner

On 04/03/2019 at 08:18, izagooner said:

Arsenal could we have: Ted DrakeCharlie GeorgePaul Merson,  Bob Wilson, Cesc Fàbregas, Martin Keown,  Sammy Nelson or Lee Dixon (instead of Hector Bellerin), Liam Brady (instead of Jack Wilshere), Aaron Ramsey (instead of Michael Thomas), Thierry Henry (instead of or aswell as Frank Stapleton)

what do you think i know we cant have some legends because of age but Brady please       :)

THE BEST EVER XI

--------------------------SEAMAN------------------------------
----RICE-------ADAMS(c)-----------O'LEARY---------HAPGOOD----
-------------------VIEIRA-------------------------------------
---------------------------------BRADY------------------------
-------PIRES--------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------BASTIN---------
--------------------BERGKAMP----------------------------------
-----------------------------------HENRY----------------------

Bob Wilson is at Wolves
Charlie George went to Derby County
Cesc Fabregas is at Barcelona

Ted Drake is Southampton Born and Arsenal do not need him. So he will start at Southampton.
Liam Brady is starting at Sampdoria because you don't need him, Juve Dont need him so Sampdoria is the next club he played for and they could do with him
Lee Dixon is at Bury as I am not starting him at 24 years old at Arsenal, he was younger at bury so buy him lol
Paul Merson, Aaron Ramsey, Thierry Henry AND Frank Stapleton are all there
I have not finished compiling their list but as long as they have at least 25 players, with a balance of all playing positions throughout the squad then I am happy with that.

I am adding to the list above and will let you know when each list is completed. At the moment I am working on the Arsenal Squad.
Of course the lists are all subject to change until the game is released so any suggestions or recommendations are always considered.

Edited by Fenech

8 hours ago, Kawee said:

Surely Alex James as well? You're making a squad of 25 for each team though?

Alex James will be at PNE - Can't take him away from the Double winning Preston North End and the first invincibles. You do have Jack Kelsey and Frank Moss who are more than capable as the Legendary Arsenal Keepers. Yea at least 25 for each top team

THE PROVISIONAL FINAL ASTON VILLA TEAM - This is my final Aston Villa Squad - That is subject to change but unlikely to change. - If you want to make suggestions feel free to do so, I will either agree or disagree but will always give you a reason why one way or the other.

manager: George Ramsey

Villa.png

Edited by Fenech

THE PROVISIONAL FINAL BLACKBURN ROVERS TEAM - This is my final Blackburn Rovers Squad - That is subject to change but unlikely to change. - If you want to make suggestions feel free to do so, I will either agree or disagree but will always give you a reason why one way or the other.

manager: Thomas Mitchell

Blackburn.png

Arsenal squad looks good would prefer Sammy Nelson to Hector Bellerin tho will find another right back from somewhere after I sell Cashley Cole.. Joe Hulme should be a gooner really 

Joe Hulme

Joseph Harold Anthony Hulme (26 August 1904 – 27 September 1991) was an English footballer and cricketer.

Joe Hulme
Personal information
Full name Joseph Harold Anthony Hulme
Date of birth 26 August 1904
Place of birth Stafford, Staffordshire, England
Date of death 27 September 1991 (aged 87)
Place of death Winchmore Hill, England
Height 5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)[1]
Playing position Right-winger
Youth career
  Stafford YMCA
Senior career*
Years Team Apps (Gls)
1922–1924 York City 28 (3)
1924–1926 Blackburn Rovers 73 (6)
1926–1938 Arsenal 333 (107)
1938 Huddersfield Town 8 (0)
Total   442  
 Maybe instead of Ljunberg... Hulme still in top 10 all time goalscorers 
Edited by izagooner

16 minutes ago, izagooner said:

Arsenal squad looks good would prefer Sammy Nelson to Hector Bellerin tho will find another right back from somewhere after I sell Cashley Cole

Sammy Nelson is a left back. If I brought him back it would be instead of Cashley Cole not Hector Bellerin...

Edited by Fenech

17 minutes ago, izagooner said:

Arsenal squad looks good would prefer Sammy Nelson to Hector Bellerin tho will find another right back from somewhere after I sell Cashley Cole

If you want I put Cole at Chelsea... then add Sammy Nelson

Edited by Fenech

19 minutes ago, izagooner said:

Arsenal squad looks good would prefer Sammy Nelson to Hector Bellerin tho will find another right back from somewhere after I sell Cashley Cole.. Joe Hulme should be a gooner really 

Joe Hulme

Joseph Harold Anthony Hulme (26 August 1904 – 27 September 1991) was an English footballer and cricketer.

Joe Hulme
Personal information
Full name Joseph Harold Anthony Hulme
Date of birth 26 August 1904
Place of birth Stafford, Staffordshire, England
Date of death 27 September 1991 (aged 87)
Place of death Winchmore Hill, England
Height 5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)[1]
Playing position Right-winger
Youth career
  Stafford YMCA
Senior career*
Years Team Apps (Gls)
1922–1924 York City 28 (3)
1924–1926 Blackburn Rovers 73 (6)
1926–1938 Arsenal 333 (107)
1938 Huddersfield Town 8 (0)
Total   442  
 Maybe instead of Ljunberg... Hulme still in top 10 all time goalscorers 

Joe is at Blackburn as he was there at his younger age and they do need him. sure they would sell him though

1 minute ago, Fenech said:

Joe is at Blackburn as he was there at his younger age and they do need him. sure they would sell him though

OK are the transfer values modern ie 60mil for a kid or have you tamed them a bit maybe 1990's values

2 minutes ago, izagooner said:

OK are the transfer values modern ie 60mil for a kid or have you tamed them a bit maybe 1990's values

Yeah the values are tamed back. so wont be costing todays amounts for players.

THE PROVISIONAL FINAL BOLTON WANDERERS TEAM - This is my final Bolton Wanderers Squad - That is subject to change but unlikely to change. - If you want to make suggestions feel free to do so, I will either agree or disagree but will always give you a reason why one way or the other.

manager: Charles Elliot Foweraker

Bolton.png

Edited by Fenech

27 minutes ago, izagooner said:

Roger Hunt should surely be at Liverpool you could make Micheal Owen 14 if Liverpool have to many strikers.. For Bolton as a replacement maybe Ray Westwood... https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Westwood

Yes good point. So Roger will go back to Liverpool and Ray Westwood will be at Bolton... :thup:

Edited by Fenech

14 minutes ago, izagooner said:

Don't know if I gave you this link before but good info on pre WW2 players some might be good in  non Premier league English teams or instead of some foreign players who came to England later in their career 

https://spartacus-educational.com/Football_Star_Players.htm

yea you are the Link Specialist! lol I have them all pal. haha - I have been collecting them all since 2014 :p

THE PROVISIONAL FINAL CHELSEA TEAM - This is my final Chelsea Squad - That is subject to change but unlikely to change. - If you want to make suggestions feel free to do so, I will either agree or disagree but will always give you a reason why one way or the other.

manager: Jose Mourinho

Chelsea.png

THE PROVISIONAL FINAL DERBY COUNTY TEAM - This is my final Derby County Squad - That is subject to change but unlikely to change. - If you want to make suggestions feel free to do so, I will either agree or disagree but will always give you a reason why one way or the other.

manager: Stuart McMillan

Derby.png

18 minutes ago, Glenn Douglas said:

Would you consider, Paul McGrath, Peter Withe, Brian Little and Dennis Mortimer please, all worthy of inclusion in my opinion. Many thanks.

I want to try and maintain a balanced squad of around 25 players per squad and Villa have a lot of players to choose from. So I took paul mcgrath back to st. Particks Athletic and Dennis Mortimer to Coventry. Both Peter Withe and Brian Little were strikers. You have better strikers there. I will give you back Paul McGrath and Dennis Mortimor.  I will decide what to do with Peter Withe later on as he only came to Villa later in his career. Brian Little may appear in a future update but I need to do some research on him as all players have to be fully researched first and then tested in game and at the moment I am concentrating on bringing the game out as soon as possible. :thup:

THE PROVISIONAL FINAL EVERTON TEAM - This is my final Everton Squad - That is subject to change but unlikely to change. - If you want to make suggestions feel free to do so, I will either agree or disagree but will always give you a reason why one way or the other.

manager: Harry Catterick

Everton.png

THE PROVISIONAL FINAL IPSWICH TOWN TEAM - This is my final Ipswich Squad - That is subject to change but unlikely to change. - If you want to make suggestions feel free to do so, I will either agree or disagree but will always give you a reason why one way or the other.

manager: Mick McCarthy

Ipswich.png

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My only gripe with the rating is the consistently high "aggression" attribute for attackers. I understand that this is because a lot of the ratings are based on PES ratings, which defines aggression differently. Aggression in PES is how offensive your mentality is, so poachers like Muller is considered very aggressive, while in FM it is the more general definition which we're aware of. So in the database, you end up with hardmen with low aggression, like every striker with high aggression, which is just super weird. :lol:

On 04/10/2019 at 03:59, Fenech said:

Aggression plays a part in a players' tenacity and how willing he is to get involved in competing with opposition players when challenging for the ball. A more aggressive player will be more likely to press harder and physically compete for the ball.

It won't make him a dirty player (that's a different attribute) but he may give away more fouls due to his competitive nature.

Most of the ratings are not just based on PES, they are also the result of many different sources including FIFA ratings mainly. These are the official ratings for each player and every source available is analysed and each player is fully tested in order to ensure they play as close as possible to their real life counterparts. Yes that includes PES but PES is only one of the many sources used to ensure 100% Statistical accuracy and this is why this is the Ultimate and most realistic legends series. I will take your comments on board when I come to make the Legends game for 2020 and thanks for your input. :thup:

Thanks mate, I simply raised the issue because having played with your database before, my friends and I noticed a ridiculous level of aggression among forwards and strikers, that's all.

Something else we noticed as well is that a lot of physically powerful players have high balance attribute but not as much strength.

KUTGW. I'm really looking forward to FM20 database. :thup:

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...