[Suggestion] Select players in reserve team lineup without managing team

Katie B

In brief: I would like to be able to select players in or even set the full lineup for reserve teams (U23, U21, U19, B, Reserves, and so on) but not manage the team, as an option on the Responsibilities list.

Right now, I can only select the actual lineup if I'm managing the team. I can make players available, sure, but the reserve team manager then decides whether to play them. This creates annoyances (young player on the senior bench doesn't get selected, second goalkeeper doesn't get selected, player available for 20 minutes starts the game instead of coming off the bench) that I'd like to override without needing to actually hands-on manage the games entirely.

Here's a practical use for this right now: I'm managing in Sweden, and my number two goalkeeper is always losing match sharpness because even though he's usually available for the reserves, he never gets selected. I'm sure plenty of us have had this nuisance in the game, and this would be the fix.

What I'd like the game to do, ideally, is have an option under responsibilities for those teams stating "Selects the lineup for reserve games" alongside the full-fat "Manages reserve team". It would then honour my selections unless impossible (such as if a player is injured, unavailable, or can't be brought on due to having used all substitutes). In a perfect world I would then be able to select as many or as few players as I like, so if I just want to ensure one player starts, I can select just them, and the actual manager of the reserve team does the rest.

Including this is more realistic: A first team manager can obviously, in real life, tell a reserve team manager exactly who to start, or if they must start a specific player, but right now I only have the option of availability, which is great but doesn't guarantee selection.

It is currently possible to choose the reserve and youth starting teams. Just before the reserve / youth team match is to played you receive a notification from the Ass Man asking who you want to make available to play from the first team. At that time you have the option to select the full reserve / youth team. The players you select will then be the starting teams

11 hours ago, Hovis Dexter said:

It is currently possible to choose the reserve and youth starting teams. Just before the reserve / youth team match is to played you receive a notification from the Ass Man asking who you want to make available to play from the first team. At that time you have the option to select the full reserve / youth team. The players you select will then be the starting teams

My experience with this is that you can make players available but it will not guarantee that it starts them. I have put players in the lineup on the reserves page tactics and still found that they didn't play.

Archived