LTC files (language files) editing

tinyclaw

Hello,

I've been trying to edit the LTC files in FM2014 without any success. I can open them with Notepad and Notepad++ but saving them makes them undreadable in-game. I bought FM2019 and noticed that the LTC files have been placed inside the FMF files. I can use resource archiver to extract the LTC files but I can't edit them. I downloaded 'Linguistic Tree Constructor 3.3.0'. It's supposed to be able to edit LTC files, but the LTC files from either FM2014 or FM2019 are deemed 'corrupt' by the software and can't be loaded.

The simple questions is: does anyone, please, know how to edit these LTC files?

On 21/02/2019 at 20:38, KUBI said:

LTC files are simple text files, notepad is all you need. Just to be sure that the files are not saved in a special format, just use the ltc extension and simple text.

Sorry but that's not true. I wish it were that simple. Capture.thumb.PNG.cf26fc39d21ad5eac28ba8c0b6ca7596.PNG

As you can see from the screenshot, it's in binary code, and Notepad shows this. Notepad++ displays the tags around a lot of the code but is not able to edit it. While a lot of the text shows up as legible (and apparently editable) any save of this file effectively corrupts it and when the game boots it forces you to choose another language because it can't find English.

If you can prove how Notepad can edit this file, make changes, save, and show up in the game then please prove me wrong. I'm dying to know how to do this.

Many thanks.

• 1 year later...

If you google on Language File Editor and ltc you might find something.

Warning: because such a tool is third party it may have unwanted consequences for your game and/or your computer. Downloading and using it is at your own risk.

22 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

If you google on Language File Editor and ltc you might find something.

Warning: because such a tool is third party it may have unwanted consequences for your game and/or your computer. Downloading and using it is at your own risk.

Thanks for the heads up. Unfortunately I was only to find an old version of a third party editor that it seems it's not compatible with FM20 ltc files. 

• 1 month later...
Em 16/08/2020 em 15:16, Wolf_pd disse:

No news, no official tool.

And to be clear, non official tools can cause damage to your game or computer, so no discussion on them.

For .LTF files, there is any topic about how I can install them ?

5 horas atrás, Wolf_pd disse:

Ltf?

.LTF are the extensions of basic files for translation (...Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2020\languages), I couldnt load it, but I solved. Im already translating using Notepad++

Thanks anyways o/

Edited by thiagoanjo