Detailed editors guide

peter.1986

I was looking for a really detailed in depth editors guide to explain the more unknown attributes in detail. What I’ve come to realise is there is not one.

so im looking at putting together something, which can be used as a guide for all people that edit to use if they need to check. 

Id be looking at not knlynexplaining each attribute, but a guide as to how to judge the ratings eg CA level ranges (an example I’m not saying this is correct)

190 - best players in the world

180- 190 world class

170 - 180 leading players in the world

160- 170 top PL, serie A, La liga players

150 - 160  good PL players

140 - 150 decent pl players

130 - 140 lower end pl players

120 -130 top end championshop

And so on.

id also like it to explain in detail the more unknown attributes, non player attributes, resources, what it means and what levels (eg is 20 a billionaire, is 1 someone with a few thousand, or a million?)

buying players, and many more etc.

Does anyone either 

A: know all of this in detail? 

B know anywhere that explaines it?

i do know about in detail players attributes, staff attributes (the main ones) how to set all of these etc. It’s more of the unkown ones and trying to have a guide of what level to set them at

8 hours ago, peter.1986 said:

I was looking for a really detailed in depth editors guide to explain the more unknown attributes in detail. What I’ve come to realise is there is not one.

so im looking at putting together something, which can be used as a guide for all people that edit to use if they need to check. 

Id be looking at not knlynexplaining each attribute, but a guide as to how to judge the ratings eg CA level ranges (an example I’m not saying this is correct)

190 - best players in the world

180- 190 world class

170 - 180 leading players in the world

160- 170 top PL, serie A, La liga players

150 - 160  good PL players

140 - 150 decent pl players

130 - 140 lower end pl players

120 -130 top end championshop

And so on.

id also like it to explain in detail the more unknown attributes, non player attributes, resources, what it means and what levels (eg is 20 a billionaire, is 1 someone with a few thousand, or a million?)

buying players, and many more etc.

Does anyone either 

A: know all of this in detail? 

B know anywhere that explaines it?

i do know about in detail players attributes, staff attributes (the main ones) how to set all of these etc. It’s more of the unkown ones and trying to have a guide of what level to set them at

there's no guide (for now at least) but you can ask questions in this topic/forum and if somebody knows - they'll try to answer for sure. But general knowledge about editor/editing is rather self-discovered than explained.

13 hours ago, Bigpole said:

there's no guide (for now at least) but you can ask questions in this topic/forum and if somebody knows - they'll try to answer for sure. But general knowledge about editor/editing is rather self-discovered than explained.

So for now I’ll try to keep it short.

- resources, on a scale of 1-20. What Is a rough guide of how much it changes by each number? 

- reputation. (Affect things such as value, contact expectations, interest in signing for clubs) but what other impact does it have on 

- national team (which rep would make them more likely to get called up, is it home rep?)

- To be signed by a team in another country, is this largely down to home rep? Or will they just scout them and buy them based on PA.

- What role actually determines AI transfer activity: manager, DOF, chairman? 

- is there a way of making people less likely to sign for teams in other countries,other than 1 adaptability, and keeping loyalty high. 

32 minutes ago, peter.1986 said:

So for now I’ll try to keep it short.

- resources, on a scale of 1-20. What Is a rough guide of how much it changes by each number? 

- reputation. (Affect things such as value, contact expectations, interest in signing for clubs) but what other impact does it have on 

- national team (which rep would make them more likely to get called up, is it home rep?)

- To be signed by a team in another country, is this largely down to home rep? Or will they just scout them and buy them based on PA.

- What role actually determines AI transfer activity: manager, DOF, chairman?  

- is there a way of making people less likely to sign for teams in other countries,other than 1 adaptability, and keeping loyalty high.  

1. 17-20 are richest man in the world, 11-16 rich in national level, 5-10 limited resources to provide to the club, 1-4 very limited resources

2. pretty much you answered yourself

3. home

4. form/potential/club preferences, preety much the same as in real life

5. tendencies set in non player menus I think.

6. you can set single players to for example have preference to play in england but I don't think you can set 'club preference'.

2 minutes ago, Bigpole said:

1. 17-20 are richest man in the world, 11-16 rich in national level, 5-10 limited resources to provide to the club, 1-4 very limited resources

2. pretty much you answered yourself

3. home

4. form/potential/club preferences, preety much the same as in real life

5. tendencies set in non player menus I think.

6. you can set single players to for example have preference to play in england but I don't think you can set 'club preference'.

1. Do we have rough figures eg 20 is 1 billion plus, 19 800-999 million? 

5. Sorry I meant who’s preferences determine this with AI transfers? Is it the Manager, the DOF? The Chairman? Who identifies and makes he signings? 

6 you can set preferences for club, nation or continent. But other than setting them to want to play in england ‘doesnt Want to play’ in every other league and continent, i wondered if there was more of a way of keeping english players in the English leagues

2 minutes ago, peter.1986 said:

1. Do we have rough figures eg 20 is 1 billion plus, 19 800-999 million?  

5. Sorry I meant who’s preferences determine this with AI transfers? Is it the Manager, the DOF? The Chairman? Who identifies and makes he signings? 

6 you can set preferences for club, nation or continent. But other than setting them to want to play in england ‘doesnt Want to play’ in every other league and continent, i wondered if there was more of a way of keeping english players in the English leagues

1. No rough figures, you can check what number have certain clubs set and how much they are spending in fm,

5. Depends of the club and what tendencies board/manager has, if you set chairman 20 for buying players - he would always want to buy players, no matter what manager says.

6. in nations tab you have tab with list of prefered countries transfers (like french players to england) and you can add england and put 100 (max) rating. I don't know if this will work however, so keep that in mind.

3 minutes ago, Bigpole said:

1. No rough figures, you can check what number have certain clubs set and how much they are spending in fm,

5. Depends of the club and what tendencies board/manager has, if you set chairman 20 for buying players - he would always want to buy players, no matter what manager says.

6. in nations tab you have tab with list of prefered countries transfers (like french players to england) and you can add england and put 100 (max) rating. I don't know if this will work however, so keep that in mind.

5. So it’s a mixture between the chairman and manager depending on chairman interference? Does that mean DOF are purely cosmetical for AI?

6. I’ve toyed with the transfer preferences, but two issues...

- I’m assuming the countries are for players based in that nation, so it would apply to foreign based players aswell, meaning if I was to change it, it would make the country in question less likely to buy any player based in England rather than just english players.

- This seems to apply for each country and not club, certain clubs eg Barcelona Dutch influence in the 90’s, Arsenal’s French influence etc, it doesn’t seem possible to do it by club.

21 minutes ago, peter.1986 said:

5. So it’s a mixture between the chairman and manager depending on chairman interference? Does that mean DOF are purely cosmetical for AI? 

6. I’ve toyed with the transfer preferences, but two issues...

- I’m assuming the countries are for players based in that nation, so it would apply to foreign based players aswell, meaning if I was to change it, it would make the country in question less likely to buy any player based in England rather than just english players.

- This seems to apply for each country and not club, certain clubs eg Barcelona Dutch influence in the 90’s, Arsenal’s French influence etc, it doesn’t seem possible to do it by club.

5. mixture of chairman/manager/dof. As I've said - it's all about tendencies and responsibilities set for club. Do they like to use dof, or rely on board/manager.

6. Only researchers can set influence certain country/region (like Bilbao), and that would be hardcoded. And regarding point above - I have not tested transfer preferencies so you have to do it by yourself.

18 minutes ago, Bigpole said:

5. mixture of chairman/manager/dof. As I've said - it's all about tendencies and responsibilities set for club. Do they like to use dof, or rely on board/manager.

6. Only researchers can set influence certain country/region (like Bilbao), and that would be hardcoded. And regarding point above - I have not tested transfer preferencies so you have to do it by yourself.

Thanks that helps a lot. So on theory if clubs have a DOF (and I set one on a mega contract, that isn’t going to leave) set the chairman not to interfere buying players. Have transfers set to DOF. Then the club should in theory follow the DOF tendencies.

thanks for the help, I’ll leave you alone for a bit lol.

8 hours ago, Bigpole said:

I do have another question. 

I'm thinking possibly agents could help with Keeping/moving players around. 

So my questions if you could answer are.....

1 - Does the person Data on an Agent have an effect? Adaptability, Ambition, Controversy, Loyalty, Pressure, Professionalism, Sportsmanship, Temperament. If so what?

Agent Data

2 -  Scope - The ares are self explanatory, but what does scope mean. Is it the area they will pickup clients, or the area they will tout clients?

3 - Patience - I'm assuming this is pretty much they are more likely to break of negotiations quicker

4 - Business - What would this mean? 

5 - Size of Agency - and this?

6 - Touting Clients - How much they will try and move the clients on.  

7 -I notice there are effects such as monetary gain for clients, or themselves, prefers client happiness, etc. but from they above, I can only figure out if the would be patient, or if they would prefer to keep a player at the club. which ones have an effect on client happiness, monetary gain for the client, monetary gain for themselves? and any others

2 minutes ago, peter.1986 said:

I do have another question. 

I'm thinking possibly agents could help with Keeping/moving players around. 

So my questions if you could answer are.....

1 - Does the person Data on an Agent have an effect? Adaptability, Ambition, Controversy, Loyalty, Pressure, Professionalism, Sportsmanship, Temperament. If so what?

Agent Data

2 -  Scope - The ares are self explanatory, but what does scope mean. Is it the area they will pickup clients, or the area they will tout clients?

3 - Patience - I'm assuming this is pretty much they are more likely to break of negotiations quicker

4 - Business - What would this mean? 

5 - Size of Agency - and this?

6 - Touting Clients - How much they will try and move the clients on.  

7 -I notice there are effects such as monetary gain for clients, or themselves, prefers client happiness, etc. but from they above, I can only figure out if the would be patient, or if they would prefer to keep a player at the club. which ones have an effect on client happiness, monetary gain for the client, monetary gain for themselves? and any others

can't help you with agents, don't know much about them. 

Archived