[FM19] Journey to Independencia

albertluque

Gh3jc4m.jpg

Having spent time on the battlefield during the Spanish Civil War, it's fair to say Orwell could be correct in describing Sport as the modern alternative to war. Every nation has their team, every person has their nation... but what if your nation isn't an independent one and is only able to participate in unofficial friendlies?

CHBKmDf.pngCHBKmDf.pngCHBKmDf.png

Tensions have risen recently regarding the proposed independence of Catalonia. Since the fight remains unsettled by the ballot, maybe it can be won by la pilota. This is the story of Catalunya's journey to World Dominance via the World of Football. 

In what has been seen as a sign of support for those fighting for Independence, Third Division Hospitalet have imposed a Catalan only rule, which is set to remain unbroken until Catalonia gain independence, though exceptions are set to be made for individuals who have attended academies and studied in the Catalan Regions.

Former Barcelona and Ajax defender, Ologuer Presas, famed for traveling to a Spanish national team training camp to inform the coach that he did not want to play for the Spanish National Team has been appointed as their new manager. He is set to speak to the club hierarchy regarding what they believe to be towns and cities outside of recognized Catalunya that fall under the new club rules with some areas of France and Italy potentially being on the club's radar.

6eUktfy.png

Andorra:
Aixovall
Andorra la Vella
Arinsal
Canillo
El Tarter
Encamp
La Massana
Les Escaldes-Engordany
Ordino
Pas de la Casa
Sant Julià de Lòria
Santa Coloma

Catalunya:
Aiguafreda
Alàs
Alcarràs
Almacelles
Amposta
Arenys de Mar
Ascó
Avià
Badalona
Balaguer
Barcelona
Benavent de Segrià
Berga
Bescanó
Blanes
Cardona
Cassà de la Selva
Castelldefels
Cerdanyola
Cornellá de Llobregat
El Morell
El Prat de Llobregat
El Vendrell
Esplugues de Llobregat
Figueres
Gavá
Girona
Granollers
Hospitalet de Llobregat
Hostalets de Bas
Hostalric
Igualada
La Jonquera
La Pobla de Mafumet
La Seu d'Urgell
Les Franqueses
Les Planes
Lonyola
Llagostera
Llançà
Lleida
Lloret de Mar
Malgrat de Mar
Manlleu
Manresa
Martorell
Masnou
Mataró
Mollerussa
Mollet del Valle
Montcada i Reixac
Montmeló
Navarclés
Navaàs
Olessa de Montserrat
Olot
Palafrugell
Palamós
Peralada
Pobla de Segur
Pont de Vilomara
Premiá de Mar
Puigcerdà
Reus
Ripoll
Ripollet
Roses
Rubí
Sabadell
Sallent
Salou
Salt
San Pol de Mar
Sant Adrià de Besòs
Sant Andreu de la Barca
Sant Boi de Llobregat
Sant Carles de la Rápita
Sant Cugat del Vallès
Sant Feliú de Guixols
Sant Feliu de Llobregat
Sant Feliú de Llobregat
Sant Joan Despí
Santa Coloma de Gramanet
Santpedor
Sentfores
Solsona
Suria
Tarragona
Tárrega
Terrassa
Tordera
Tortosa
Tremp
Valls
Vic
Viella
Viladecans
Vilafranca del Penedés
Vilaguïga
Vilanova i la Geltrú
Vilassar de Mar
Vilobi d'Onyar

France:
Argelès-sur-Mer
Céret
Perpignan

Italy:
Fertilia (Alghero)
Santa Maria La Palma (Alghero)
Alghero

This will take me ages as I have to manually create a transfer filter, instead of FM allowing me to create one elsewhere or by searching by local region of birth instead of general region of birth i.e. UK and Ireland.

VaRjlSf.png

At the beginning of their journey, Hospitalet boasted an impressive 9 Catalan eligible players [*], including two former Espanyol players; Cristian and Christian Alfonso. One of the club's original Catalan contingent also included former Barcelona B defender Dani Fernandez.

cYHDFGt.png

After a quarter of the club's inaugural season as an exclusively Catalan club, they found themselves flying high, trailing league leaders by a solitary point.

f8SUesX.png

Hospitalet's first defeat came away to Llagostera, in a game that could have gone either way but Hospitalet were unable to make the most of their possessive style of play. 

KHKy4iV.png

As expected in the opening phases of a transitional period, changes to the playing staff were made but the pre-existant Catalan core remained. The club opting to bring in just three new faces in the opening transfer window of this new era.

06OSzut.png

CHBKmDf.pngCHBKmDf.pngCHBKmDf.png January 2019 CHBKmDf.pngCHBKmDf.pngCHBKmDf.png

jjnSIBQ.png

A substantial unbeaten record saw Hospitalet start the new year joint top with Llagostera.

x1PxI2I.png

A gap formed between the top two and the rest.

fHoOUVh.png

Dani Fernandez forced his way out of the club, though fans and former team-mates were displeased that the manager opted to let him leave.

DO8y4Ly.png

Ologuer was quick to suggest that the move was necessary and that if a player did not want to be at the club, then they should go.

tpiWpVq.png

A short-term replacement for Dani F arrived, though this was not enough to cause uproar within the dressing room.

uudjrMJ.png

In 43 appearances at his previous club, he scored a total of 0 goals. Would he go on to break his duck with Hospitalet?

CHBKmDf.pngCHBKmDf.pngCHBKmDf.png January 2019 CHBKmDf.pngCHBKmDf.pngCHBKmDf.png

CHBKmDf.pngCHBKmDf.pngCHBKmDf.png March 2019 CHBKmDf.pngCHBKmDf.pngCHBKmDf.png 

5UmygUL.png

The club began strengthening for their next campaign, signing Carlos Blanco on a free from Villarreal. Once of Barcelona and Juventus, he spent the 2018/19 season on loan at Division B3 side Olot.

wm25JZd.png

With the club's most recent attacking signing yet to score a professional goal, they managed to finalise a deal for the league's current top scorer, Ruben Enri.

Hz2JPoN.png

With news of a new striking option secured for the following season, Alfredo Guti finally broke his long duck. In his 50th professional appearance he bagged two goals. He would go on to score in the following two games, getting 5 in 3.

CHBKmDf.pngCHBKmDf.pngCHBKmDf.png April 2019 CHBKmDf.pngCHBKmDf.pngCHBKmDf.png

lM103TT.png

As they entered April, Hospitalet had lost just 2 games, both at the hands of Llagostera - with six fixtures remaining, they required 14 points from 18 available to secure the league title.

CHBKmDf.pngCHBKmDf.pngCHBKmDf.png May 2019 CHBKmDf.pngCHBKmDf.pngCHBKmDf.png

tv6isME.png

Hospitalet wrapped up the League title, losing just two games, both at the hands of Llagostera.

zbPlNli.png

Earning a total of 98 points, a 1-1 draw on the final day of the season against Vilafranca denied them the honour of ending the season with 100 points.

CHBKmDf.pngCHBKmDf.pngCHBKmDf.png May 2019 CHBKmDf.pngCHBKmDf.pngCHBKmDf.png

CHBKmDf.pngCHBKmDf.pngCHBKmDf.png May 2019 - League Champions Playoffs CHBKmDf.pngCHBKmDf.pngCHBKmDf.png

Lk4enZM.png v fSyy4tJ.png

CHBKmDf.pngCHBKmDf.pngCHBKmDf.png Leg 1 CHBKmDf.pngCHBKmDf.pngCHBKmDf.png

zg7vNmK.png

CHBKmDf.pngCHBKmDf.pngCHBKmDf.png Leg 2 CHBKmDf.pngCHBKmDf.pngCHBKmDf.png

ccixnNX.png

CHBKmDf.pngCHBKmDf.pngCHBKmDf.png Promotion Playoff Semi Final CHBKmDf.pngCHBKmDf.pngCHBKmDf.png

cTpjXSO.png v fSyy4tJ.png

CHBKmDf.pngCHBKmDf.pngCHBKmDf.png Leg 1 CHBKmDf.pngCHBKmDf.pngCHBKmDf.png

JQ8GpPt.png

CHBKmDf.pngCHBKmDf.pngCHBKmDf.png Leg 2 CHBKmDf.pngCHBKmDf.pngCHBKmDf.png

SCLU69u.png

CHBKmDf.pngCHBKmDf.pngCHBKmDf.png Summer 2019 CHBKmDf.pngCHBKmDf.pngCHBKmDf.png

The club began preparations for a second campaign in the Tercera Division. It was clear that the club needed to find a reliable source of goals who could lead them to promotion in the 2019/20 season.

11 minutes ago, Jorgen said:

To be able to sign some more players, you could also add players from Valencia as part of your Catalan / Catalan Countries policy.

I could. They also suggest that the Balearic Islands were heavily influenced by Catalunya too.

If the struggle becomes real, then I may have to re-assess the situation, though I think I should be able to get to at least Liga 2.

CHBKmDf.pngCHBKmDf.pngCHBKmDf.png Summer 2019 CHBKmDf.pngCHBKmDf.pngCHBKmDf.png 

lxVIGRO.png

Costs were cut in other areas within the club, reducing youth recruitment costs and the junior coaching budget in an attempt to reduce the clubs overall debt.

1RJFHeU.png

Many of the stars of the previous season were lost due to wage budget reductions, including their most recognised player, Cristian.

phRyDnR.png

o14MNs3.png

The club signed 8 permanent transfers that summer, with an additional 4 arriving on loan. They also needed the assistance of 4 youth players to make up their 19 man-squad. 17 of their 19 man-squad were recognised as Catalan.

Despite all the bad news off the pitch, they did secure the signature of their first non-Spanish Catalan player.

QmRwG4Y.png

Canny pissed off. Unfortunately the sheer number of filters imposed on transfer searches (100+) means that just searching for players completely grinds the game to a halt and I'm only on 2nd season.

Think I need to find a new absolutely stupid challenge to sink my teeth into. 

Maybe do what I did for my save where I have similar policy? I've added a prefix to every city from the region in pre-game editor. It's a bit of work, but once you're done with it, you can just use one simple filter in the game.

You could have cities called like (Catalonia) Barcelona, (Valencia) Valencia, (Baleares) Majorca etc.

8 hours ago, nie jem frytek said:

Maybe do what I did for my save where I have similar policy? I've added a prefix to every city from the region in pre-game editor. It's a bit of work, but once you're done with it, you can just use one simple filter in the game.

You could have cities called like (Catalonia) Barcelona, (Valencia) Valencia, (Baleares) Majorca etc.

Can't believe I didn't think of this. A great idea.

Archived