Any way to increase offered wage?

I don't want to increase the wage budget, just the maximum wage I can offer a player.

My max is 500 p/w but with plenty of budget left and some decent players happy to sign but wanting 750 - 1000, is there a way to ask the board to increase the maximum wage on offer? 

• SI Staff

What are the players like and what's your club like? We are relaxing it a little more in some cases but at the same time the board are unlikely to let you give world-leading wages for a player who doesn't seem a world-beater. Do you get anywhere when negotiating them down a touch?

Just finished season 1 and we got promoted to the conference proper (or whatever it's called now!). Going for some players who've been released by larger clubs, and who are clearly much better than my current crop, still only got the 500 max. I've got a couple of loan signings in paying a percentage of wage which equals 525 p/w, but permanent transfers have hit they 500 pound wall still.

Also, some are happy to drop their demands, especially for longer contact security and a bit of a signing on fee.

It'd just be nice to splash some of my excess wage budget on that Arsenal reject with a point to prove!

On 11/12/2018 at 00:30, Alari Naylor said:

What are the players like and what's your club like? We are relaxing it a little more in some cases but at the same time the board are unlikely to let you give world-leading wages for a player who doesn't seem a world-beater. Do you get anywhere when negotiating them down a touch?

I just tried to sign Wilfred Zaha but had to cancel negotiations because I couldn't increase my maximum wage. 

But.. I think this is a good thing.

My transfer budget is £60M and my wage budget is £1M. I am also spending £364K under my overall wage budget. So when Zaha demanded £180K per week, and I could only go up to £110K per week, I assumed I could easily remedy this through the Adjust Budgets menu. However, the only way I could increase my maximum wage was to use approximately £50M of my transfer budget and only then did my maximum wage increase to £140K per week.

At first I thought this might be a bug. But the more I thought about it, the more it seemed sensible and realistic. As a Spurs fan, I was reminded of our chairman, Daniel Levy, and how he imposes such a strict wage structure despite being able to offer generous transfer budgets. The maximum wage budget being offered also seemed appropriate to the level my club is currently at (Nottm Forest who have only spent two full seasons in the Premier League and are a top 8 team). I'm also enjoying the challenge of trying to find high quality players that will take me to the next level but have to be willing to sign for me on more modest wages. It isn't easy.

Archived