FMT 2019 Switch. A quick first impression

I have tried FMT on an iPad in the past, and was disappointed with its slow processing speed and input lag. The possibility of playing FM on the go was one of the reasons I bought a Switch. Being the FM nerd that I am, I couldn’t resist the urge, and spend 35€ on the eshop to get that game.

Boy, am I sorry I did it...

Look, the game is playable. But the UI is horrible and unintuitive. I can deal with the slow processing times occasionally, but really... the interface is really, really bad. I’m no expert, but I think the game can be improved and be playable. At the current state, I just wish that I could get my money back. There should be a demo on the store to protect the users from this kind of games. I really love the full game, and even FMT on the PC. I love SI. But... can’t defend them now.

Do not get this game on the Switch. I’m very sorry to say it. It’s not worth it. You’ll spend more time trying just to select what you want then actually enjoying he game.

At the current state, I would give it a ️ 

That's a shame that your not enjoying it at the moment. I would say that I had similar thought's to you about the interface the first few times I played but now I am used to it and it doesn't seem too bad. Obviously a mouse and keyboard is the easiest way to play FM but the Switch interface doesn't seem so bad after a little while getting used to it. 

took me 5 - 7 hours to "learn" the interface. now i`m able to play the game (the basics), but it is´s very bad port regarding UI/UX.

but hey, waited so long for a football manager for console that i´m happy with it, cause the game behind the UI-mess is great

It would be really great if you could use a joy con as a pointer. in combination with 2 buttons and a stick (for scrolling in windows) that would be a good substitute for the mouse. pointer function runs via gyroscope - works eg. in world of goo surprisingly good.

• SI Staff

Thanks for the feedback @Beltsu. The UI functionality and usability is definitely something we want to improve going forward - the port to Switch has been a big job for a small team and we appreciate it's certainly not perfect.

How long did you stick with the game before you got frustrated and put it down? Are there any specific areas of the UI that you found particularly difficult or frustrating?

Archived