Official Scouting Tool - from SI

headshothitman

I know there have been numerous third party tools down the years which have given players the ability to edit in game attributes etc. SI then decided to release an official in game editor.

I, like many players out there, have never used a tool which can directly change in game attributes. This doesn't interest me.

I have however used a prevalent, popular third party scouting tool which allows users to see the CA/PA of players/staff, set filters as well as predicted attributes. This third party tool offers users a paid edition to remove advertising and other features etc.

Has SI not considered creating another official tool besides the in game editor? An official scouting tool with a lot more features than any other third party would make for a strong business case as customers are already paying for similar tools and I also imagine it would be quite easy for SI to create this official tool. 

I don't think a cheat tool by the game developer is a very good idea. I treat in-game editor as a tool for experimenting, not cheating. (The "Disable in-game editor" option confirms this, I guess.) Most likely it was available for developers/testers long before public release. Like "developer console" in other games where you can type "god 1".

Maybe "Read-only in-game editor" option is better? No need for inventing bike again + you can view CA/PA/hiddens and use them in filters, but there is no temptation for editing? Softcore cheat mode. :)

4 hours ago, headshothitman said:

I know there have been numerous third party tools down the years which have given players the ability to edit in game attributes etc. SI then decided to release an official in game editor.

I, like many players out there, have never used a tool which can directly change in game attributes. This doesn't interest me.

I have however used a prevalent, popular third party scouting tool which allows users to see the CA/PA of players/staff, set filters as well as predicted attributes. This third party tool offers users a paid edition to remove advertising and other features etc.

Has SI not considered creating another official tool besides the in game editor? An official scouting tool with a lot more features than any other third party would make for a strong business case as customers are already paying for similar tools and I also imagine it would be quite easy for SI to create this official tool. 

But what is it you would "need" that the IGE can't offer already?

16 hours ago, Xeewaj Q. said:

I don't think a cheat tool by the game developer is a very good idea. I treat in-game editor as a tool for experimenting, not cheating. (The "Disable in-game editor" option confirms this, I guess.) Most likely it was available for developers/testers long before public release. Like "developer console" in other games where you can type "god 1".

Maybe "Read-only in-game editor" option is better? No need for inventing bike again + you can view CA/PA/hiddens and use them in filters, but there is no temptation for editing? Softcore cheat mode. :)

15 hours ago, Maaka said:

But what is it you would "need" that the IGE can't offer already?

I understand what you guys are saying but a new scouting tool could provide different dedicated filters (the current filters in the scouting screen would be only for players your club has knowledge of, not all in the game world). Check any third party scouting tool and see the easy of use to set parameters for all the players in the game.

Granted CA/PA of players/staff is already accessible in the IGE but not predicted attributes (I know this is sceptic, nobody can predict a players future attributes) but surely SI could have a good understanding based on the current coaching, ambition, professionalism & determination of what the players stats COULD look like in the future?

36 minutes ago, headshothitman said:

I understand what you guys are saying but a new scouting tool could provide different dedicated filters (the current filters in the scouting screen would be only for players your club has knowledge of, not all in the game world). Check any third party scouting tool and see the easy of use to set parameters for all the players in the game.

Granted CA/PA of players/staff is already accessible in the IGE but not predicted attributes (I know this is sceptic, nobody can predict a players future attributes) but surely SI could have a good understanding based on the current coaching, ambition, professionalism & determination of what the players stats COULD look like in the future?

There are "Show All Players/Staff" options for the in-game editor, they do exactly the same:

cheat.png.56ce362394125f9605712b284e8e1038.png

As for predicting, I remember Genie Scout for earlier versions did decent predictions. It's possible to judge manually, using Determination and (hidden) Ambitions + Professionalism. Basically, you can safely ignore players with a low total of these attributes even if they got PA 200, they'll never reach it. Also, training changed in FM19 and I guess attribute progression is not that "fixed" anymore, but you can guess an overall level of player. Isn't it more fun without knowing for sure?

10 hours ago, Xeewaj Q. said:

There are "Show All Players/Staff" options for the in-game editor, they do exactly the same:

cheat.png.56ce362394125f9605712b284e8e1038.png

As for predicting, I remember Genie Scout for earlier versions did decent predictions. It's possible to judge manually, using Determination and (hidden) Ambitions + Professionalism. Basically, you can safely ignore players with a low total of these attributes even if they got PA 200, they'll never reach it. Also, training changed in FM19 and I guess attribute progression is not that "fixed" anymore, but you can guess an overall level of player. Isn't it more fun without knowing for sure?

Being honest with you, I never knew that feature was available (my friends have the IGE, going by what I was told) - thanks for the heads up. 

But do you not think there is a market or a business case for SI to perhaps create an independent scouting tool? 

1 minute ago, headshothitman said:

Being honest with you, I never knew that feature was available (my friends have the IGE, going by what I was told) - thanks for the heads up. 

But do you not think there is a market or a business case for SI to perhaps create an independent scouting tool? 

Can't say for SI. Probably not as it doesn't exist.

• 1 month later...

Archived