Player faces on different drive

I would like to use players faces, but my main drive is running out of space so I don't have the option do paste them into the documents folder. Is there a workaround for this so I can copy the player faces to a different drive? If so, how would you do that?

Thanks in advance!

It's easy. Create a directory junction. Open command prompt and type:

cd "C:\Users\<YOUR_LOGIN>\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2019\graphics"
mklink /J faces "DRIVE:\PATH_TO_YOUR_FACEPACK"

If you have a file manager like FAR, it's even easier: Files -> Link (Alt+F6)

As related will ask here, have 500 gb ssd and 2tb hdd, have my games on ssd and at the moment Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2019\graphic, nearly 20gb, also on ssd, would it effect speed of game/performance if I were to use my d drive for the Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2019\ folders?

4 minutes ago, toffee71 said:

As related will ask here, have 500 gb ssd and 2tb hdd, have my games on ssd and at the moment Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2019\graphic, nearly 20gb, also on ssd, would it effect speed of game/performance if I were to use my d drive for the Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2019\ folders?

If you have enough memory, you may only notice a bit longer start/load time when you first run FM after reboot and load your save the first time. After that, graphics will be cached.

1 minute ago, Xeewaj Q. said:

If you have enough memory, you may only notice a bit longer start/load time when you first run FM after reboot and load your save the first time. After that, graphics will be cached.

16gig of RAM this is my confusion as I don't really understand how it works I just see 20 as more than 16 so I get confused.

1 hour ago, BadanieLuck said:

I would like to use players faces, but my main drive is running out of space so I don't have the option do paste them into the documents folder. Is there a workaround for this so I can copy the player faces to a different drive? If so, how would you do that?

Thanks in advance!

There are instructions in this thread on how to move your User Data Location, which is a safer option than messing around with junctions:

19 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

There are instructions in this thread on how to move your User Data Location, which is a safer option than messing around with junctions:

TBH I don't think it's safer. Junctions are perfectly safe, you can move FM directory, user directory or whole C:\Users to any location. Also, junctions are the only option when you want to use the same graphics packs for different versions of FM.

Archived