FM19 - To buy or not to buy, that is the question

KlaaZ

13 hours ago, TheJanitor said:

@MarcSodie Kimmich is a beast, but check Gelson Fernandes from Benfica. A midfielder but I think he could be converted into a great fullback. Eder Militao as well, if you want someone more defensively minded.

Dalot didn't develop? He's amazing for them in my Liverpool save.

Anyone got an opinion on Timo Werner for £48m? Beginning of 3rd season, £140K p/m. If not, a goal-scoring right winger for Liverpool would be welcomed.

Dalot is developing. Still midway through my first season. I just want some quality there while Dalot continues to learn.

Thanks regarding Fernandes. His stats are very impressive.

I haven't used Werner so I can't help you there...

Do you think Sessegnon can be developed into a world class left back? I would like to sign some young English talent as at the moment I'm only bringing in foreign players...

• 3 weeks later...

Selling: N'Golo Kante ; Buying: Sergej Milinkovic-Savic

Club: Chelsea

Season: Start of Second Season

Price: £75m Sell ; £65m Buy

Selling: Willian ; Buying: Jadon Sancho

Price: £55m Sell ; £60m Buy

Buying: Andrea Belotti

Price: £38.5m

Second season with Chelsea. I won everything domestically and the Europa League in the first season, playing 4-3-3 DM Wide formation with a 'Vertical Tiki-Taka' style.

PSG have made a move for Kante and unsettled him which is a huge pain. He plays as a box to box midfielder for me and managed to get 15 goals and 7 assists in 47 starts with a 7.22 rating. I'm reluctant to sell but he seems to be digging his heels over wanting a move and whilst a different profile, I've identified Milinkovic-Savic as the best possible replacement unless anybody suggests otherwise.

The Willian deal may seem an obvious one but he scored 25 goals in 34 starts (17 sub) last season so was a good source of goals. However he has one year left, will be 31 in August and wants a new deal on nearly double his current wages. I do have Pulisic in for the new season, and Hudson-Odoi is developing nicely so in theory could probably get by not replacing him. However I also need to replace Pedro likely within the next year too. Arsenal are sniffing around Sancho after selling Iwobi (to Man City for £90m!!!) so I may need to move on this now if he's as good as he looks at his age.

Finally I need a replacement for Higuain who has gone back to Juventus. I've identified Belotti although my striker last year played as a deep lying forward and not sure if he's suitable for this role, or if I changed the role to a pressing forward to suit him if it would disrupt what was successful last season.

On 17/03/2019 at 01:12, essien_5 said:

Selling: N'Golo Kante ; Buying: Sergej Milinkovic-Savic

Club: Chelsea

Season: Start of Second Season

Price: £75m Sell ; £65m Buy

Selling: Willian ; Buying: Jadon Sancho

Price: £55m Sell ; £60m Buy

Buying: Andrea Belotti

Price: £38.5m

Second season with Chelsea. I won everything domestically and the Europa League in the first season, playing 4-3-3 DM Wide formation with a 'Vertical Tiki-Taka' style.

PSG have made a move for Kante and unsettled him which is a huge pain. He plays as a box to box midfielder for me and managed to get 15 goals and 7 assists in 47 starts with a 7.22 rating. I'm reluctant to sell but he seems to be digging his heels over wanting a move and whilst a different profile, I've identified Milinkovic-Savic as the best possible replacement unless anybody suggests otherwise.

The Willian deal may seem an obvious one but he scored 25 goals in 34 starts (17 sub) last season so was a good source of goals. However he has one year left, will be 31 in August and wants a new deal on nearly double his current wages. I do have Pulisic in for the new season, and Hudson-Odoi is developing nicely so in theory could probably get by not replacing him. However I also need to replace Pedro likely within the next year too. Arsenal are sniffing around Sancho after selling Iwobi (to Man City for £90m!!!) so I may need to move on this now if he's as good as he looks at his age.

Finally I need a replacement for Higuain who has gone back to Juventus. I've identified Belotti although my striker last year played as a deep lying forward and not sure if he's suitable for this role, or if I changed the role to a pressing forward to suit him if it would disrupt what was successful last season.

Don't sell Willian. Sell Pedro instead. Then buy Sancho and rotate both of them. Also, Antonio Marin of Dinamo Moskva is a good buy for LW. CHO eventually hit a ceiling of 3 stars potential in my save even though I gave him a number of starts on both wings. Also, if Kante elects to go, sell him. Milinkovic Savic is more than an able replacement + he would bag more goals than Kante. The only downsides is that 1)he tires out easily, 2) he can never be your defensive midfield option 3)neither can Jorginho. 

Belotti is a bad idea. He is largely inconsistent in the buildup play phase. I would recommend Lautaro Martinez, Maxi Gomez or a personal favourite: Fiete Arp of Hamburg. 

Also for FB, buy Josha Vagnoman. Solid, young, develops rapidly with more minutes, capable replacement for Azpi. Sell Alonso if need be cos that guy is instant rubbish.

Ampadu too should be given minutes.

Errrrrmmmm...also look at regens cos sooner than later you would soon start having EPL rules registration issues. And if you have lost Caballero, look out for Ben Foster, Fraser Forster or one of these English GKs that dropped to the Championships in that first season. Should help with that.

Also, sort out a Spanish club affiliate for foreign purchases and loans to balance out work permit problems.

Valar Morghulis.

On 27/02/2019 at 06:46, TheJanitor said:

@MarcSodie Kimmich is a beast, but check Gelson Fernandes from Benfica. A midfielder but I think he could be converted into a great fullback. Eder Militao as well, if you want someone more defensively minded.

Dalot didn't develop? He's amazing for them in my Liverpool save.

Anyone got an opinion on Timo Werner for £48m? Beginning of 3rd season, £140K p/m. If not, a goal-scoring right winger for Liverpool would be welcomed.

Buy Fiete Arp instead.

That boy is the truth. 

CFs: Fiete Arp, Lautaro (more expensive but meh)

LWs: Marin

RWs: Bailey

Marquee: Asensio. Takes care of pretty much everything set piece related.

Goalscoring CM: Sergei Milinkovic Savic (SMS). Sign whatever the price.

FBs: Josha Vagnoman. Good on both left and right.

Archived