FM19 Tactic presets affecting player instructions?

When you select a tactic preset does it only effect the team instructions or does it also install individual position instructions?

What I mean is lets say I create a "custom tactic," but later I decide I want the control-possession preset. Do I need to erase my tactic and start over, or can I just add the correct team instructions and do the same as the preset, or do I also need to add specific player instructions to achieve the preset tactic? IE are the presets team instructions or are they team instructions with specific player instructions?

40 minutes ago, Herolover said:

When you select a tactic preset does it only effect the team instructions or does it also install individual position instructions?

Select a preset tactic and take a look? It's easy enough to check. I wouldn't have thought so, as it's only a starting point, not an exact tactic.

Just now, Herolover said:

Thank's for the reply, but that isn't what I meant. I edited my post for clarity.

If you start with a Custom Tactic but want something more like Control Possession, you just need to add the instructions, roles and duties. The templates are just a starting point. There's nothing hidden away.

Archived