I have been playing fmm 18 since the day it came out. Absolutely love it! Today I got the new iPhone XR. I saved my game on the cloud and installed it on my new phone. When I open the game it does not fit the screen, or even nearly. It’s totally unplayable! I fully intend on getting 2019 when it’s released but I want to play 18 now. Please help!

• SI Staff
1 minute ago, NEO-BAHAMUT- said:

I’ve also got an iPhone XR and purchased FM2019 tonight. It doesn’t fit the screen properly. Infect it’s way off!

Yeah - not perfect for release (given the device only came out on Friday it's been hard to do that much) but we'll continue to improve it, it's a lot better than 18 looked on the device.

• SI Staff
3 minutes ago, NEO-BAHAMUT- said:

Yeah. I understand. Here’s a screen shot of what I get. Hopefully it will be fixed soon enough

A2E42E51-4656-4324-876E-E5F9FB2D2001.jpeg

Yep, we're aware of this. Works better if you play with the screen the opposite way round!

Edit: Probably also works better if you use the side menu option.

• SI Staff
14 minutes ago, Kraudi said:

Does the game fit the Xs device to use fullscreen?

Should do based on the tests we have done here - we don't have the device in QA quite yet but we did have access to one.

What I’d like to see is when it asks you which menu format you use it should be a menu that says 

are you using android -> use this menu

are you using iphone -> then it goes to another menu that asks which phone. Then it automatically sets the best theme for yourself.

Obviously it could be difficult with the amount of devices your supporting.

• SI Staff
8 hours ago, NEO-BAHAMUT- said:

What I’d like to see is when it asks you which menu format you use it should be a menu that says 

are you using android -> use this menu

are you using iphone -> then it goes to another menu that asks which phone. Then it automatically sets the best theme for yourself.

Obviously it could be difficult with the amount of devices your supporting.

Ah - we want to give people the choice of bottom and side menus, and both will be fine on the XR when we have a chance to finish fixing it up.

• SI Staff
57 minutes ago, RyanSimmo said:

Hello, I have an iPhone Xr with the same issue, is there a timeline on this fix please.

The phone only came out a week ago and there is an approval window at Apple!

We want to do this properly so it may take a little while. As mentioned above, notch on the right and side menu is the best right now.

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Jamiea94 said:

I have the same problem since the update, would this be fixed by re-installing the game? My save is already backed up on iCloud so should be alright to do so 

987F9A14-2FFC-46A2-9EF6-CA720E451C07.png

Tried re-installing and it’s still the same, it’s almost right but I have no access to bottom menus, when is this going to be sorted? 

• SI Staff

Have you set your display to Zoomed view by any chance? We think this is probably what's caused the issue and we're investigating it as a priority. In the meantime, changing the zoom level to 'Standard' should temporarily resolve your issue.

Thanks. :)

6 minutes ago, Jamie King said:

Have you set your display to Zoomed view by any chance? We think this is probably what's caused the issue and we're investigating it as a priority. In the meantime, changing the zoom level to 'Standard' should temporarily resolve your issue.

Thanks. :)

I’ve just changed the settings to “standard” and it’s solved the problem, is there going to be an update to be able to play the game with the display of the phone set to “zoomed”? 

Thank you for your help! 

Archived