FM19 Olympique de Marseille- No Europa League but 3 World Cup winners !!

nico_france

So, it's finally time for my first serious save on FM19, and the choice as always is Marseille. With the somewhat limited budget, I'm looking for a quality striker, back-up left back and keeper. I had a tremendous time managing Marseille last year, and hopefully this year will be equally fantastic :) 

I'm gonna pass on Adenbayor. 

The squad is pretty thin though, with a lot of players on holiday as well. Sent Aymen back to Valencia, which free'd up some wages. As it stands before the first friendly, I have £25 mil for transfers and £75k for wages. Hard to get the required back-ups with the budgets, but we'll see. 

I've also made an overhaul of the scout department, and hired some other backstaff personel. Here we go.

Okay, so I went to have another look at Adebayor... injured in his last match, and is out for 7 months. Hmm... I've put in an offer for Lincoln from Flamengo, who will join on January 1st '19 if the deal goes through. Rajkovic also signed as backup to Mandanda... Having much better luck this time around, as I did my tactic from a blank canvas last time and that sucked. Still not getting used to the new tactic system :p

Il have a look. Foden on loan from Man City and origi on loan are both on fire. 4pts ahead of psg in mid January. Playing a 4-3-1-2. Sold thauvin for 38m to Man U as I don't play with wingers usually and I have pavon and ocampos on the bench as well. 40m transfer budget and looking good to be in the champions league next year.

the 2 young centre halfs look like they will turn into great players as well. Just need a replacement for mandana. Lining up elneny as a long term replacement for Gustavo when he gets to 33

De ligt just joined in January for 15m upfront plus 20m add ons. Just knocked Arsenal out the Europa league last 32 4-3 on aggregate then drew Bayern in the last 16. 

5 points ahead of psg still with 12 games left. Adebayor has been one of the best signings I have made on any fm. I knew when I seen his stats he would be perfect for at least the first season. Origi has been great on loan too but he choose to go to psg on a Bosman instead of stay with me :/.

Signed some top prospects from the France under 19 squad too so look in good shape overall.

I just need a permanent striker in the summer. Central midfield options of luiz Gustavo strootman payet nasri Barkley and foden are very strong altough foden and Barkley are only on loan. Overall Marseille are a fantastic choice to start as though 

Cheers. Yeah I wasn't even overly fussed as we have some great young centre half prospects but i thought the chance to get him was too good to miss. How are you getting on? Hopefully I can win something this first season then shape the squad to how I want it over the summer. My first 11 in a 4-3-1-2 currently is

Mandana

Toni Lato -12m Left backfrom Valencia

de ligt -35m

Rami

Japanese right back i forgot his name!

Luiz Guastavo

Strootman

sanson/Barkley 

Payet/Foden/Nasri

Adebayor

Origi (loan) 

Won the league by 6 points ahead of PSG despite them beating me 2-1 with a dodgy penalty in the run in. My first trophy on fm19 :) at last!

Just starting the second season, only got 25m to spend in the summer so sold Mandana for 8m, Luiz Gustavo 11m and Ocampos for 4m and got in Maximiliano Gomez from Celta Vigo for 22m, a quality all round forward and Predrag Rajkovic as my new keeper.

That was pretty much most my budget so had to rely on loans, got Vinicius Junior, Batshuyai and Foden in on loan so I have changed to a 4-2-4 with a front 4 of Pavon, Vinicius Junior, Gomez and Batshuayai with strootman in the middle and De Ligt at the back we are still fairly solid. Aiming to retain the title have a good run in the champions league and hoover up the best young prospects in Europe so I don't have to rely on loans after this season 

Signed Georginio Rutter from Rennes for 2.5m he has 5* potential and I have a 15 year old striker come through with 5* potential too.

Sold Payet and a few squad players and signed Weston mckennie  for 36m beast of a cm and only 20 year old.

My team in September 2019

Rajkovic

Sakai De ligt Caleta-Car Theo Hernandez

Mckennie Strootman Sanson

Pavon Vinicuis Juinior

Batshuyai or Maximiliano Gomez

44m for Weston  mckennie, looks like he could turn into a cracking player. Or have I still paid too much? Pavon has gone to Bayern in January for 40m. 

I feel I'm set at keeper and centre halfs for the next decade with Rajkovic, de ligt and Kamara. I have 50m to spend in January 2020 I need a couple of good full backs to finish off my defence if anyone has recommendations? Strootman Mckennie and Phil Foden on a 2 year loan means my midfield is sorted for the next 18 months at least 

struggling in the league this season with a few daft defeats away from home early on, 6th place but only 4pts off the last CL spot so just need to aim to get back in the CL for next season and I have Dortmund in the last 16 of this seasons champions league 

2 years of wheeling and dealing and I have finally built a top Marseille side 

Rajkovic 2m

Hysaj 12m

de ligt 35m

B Kamara

jetro willems 28m

sanson 

strootman

weston mckenenie 44m

hassam auoar 48m

odsonne eduoard 25m

maximilloano Gomez 22m

• 1 month later...

New computer, new save... I've started with Marseille again, after the old save went away alongside my computer.

Three matches played in pre-season, three players brought in:

Predrag  Rajkovic £4 million - Antonio Marin £2 million - Lucas Romero £5,75 million

• 2 weeks later...

Approaching January fast, and this is the league standings:

Very close at the top at the halfway point. I'm gonna go after quite a few players with contracts expiring, as I don't really have the funds to do some shopping in January. I won't rule out a sale or two, as almost half the squad is wanted by bigger clubs.

My Europa League campaign went as expected. I was handed a group consisting of Chelsea, Rijeka and Jablonec. The latter two was beaten both home and away, while I lost 0-1 at Stamford Bridge and drew 1-1 at the Velodrome. I have been drawn against RB Leipzig in the first KO Round. All in all, I'm really enjoying this save. 

Ligue 1 Conforama - December '18.png

Just finished my second season with Marseille and won the league, Champions League and French Cup. I almost went unbeaten in the league but lost to Reims in the 31st game.

First season I won the Coupe de la Ligue BKT and finished second in the league with PSG running away with it on 106 points. Also got knocked out in the semi-finals of the Europa League by Chelsea. 

Had a lot of ingoings and outgoings, with the main ones being selling Thauvin in January 2020 for £91m and then signing Cengiz Under for £90m to replace him.

First season ins:

Mario Balotelli - £19.5m

Olivier Boscagli - £2m

Hirving Lozano - £18m

Kevin Mbabu - £15m

First season outs:

Jordan Amavi - £10m

Gregory Sertic - £1.7m

Rolando - £650k

Bouna Sarr - £8.5m

Kostas Mitroglou - Loan

Second season ins:

Andreas Periera - Free

Odsonne Edouard - £18.5m

Santiago Ascacibar - £40m

Malang Sarr - £40.5m

Andre Onana - £11.5m

Jonathan Ikone - £4.5m

Hakim Ziyech - £14m

Cengiz Under - £90m

Second season outs:

Clinton Njie - £3.6m

Kostas Mitroglou - £4.7

Nemanja Radonjic - £4.1m

Duje Caleta-Car - £38m

Florian Thauvin - £91m

Luiz Gustavo - £10m

Pretty much all of my signings excelled, although Ascacibar was never as consistent as Gustavo, who I only sold because he wanted to go back to Brazil. Boscagli is a funny one. Stats wise he's very average and yet was basically the best left back in the world for these two seasons. I only signed him because Amavi went right around deadline day in my first season, and Boscagli was cheap and young enough to take a punt on. Ziyech was a good piece of business in January 2020 because he ended up scoring a lot of important goals, and Ikone actually outperformed Under on the right wing.

I doubt I'll play this save anymore since I've kinda done everything and want to move onto one with a bit more longevity. But it was very fun while it lasted.

872790_screenshots_20190122033847_1.jpg

872790_screenshots_20190111004219_1.jpg

download.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So, just about to start my third season with this amazing team.

First season went really well, with us taking 2nd place in the league, winning both domestic cups and getting knocked out in the semi-finals of the Europa League to Villarreal. The league ended like his:

Ligue 1 Conforama_ Overview Stages.png

I made the following signings:

Olympique de Marseille_  Transfer History-3.png

The second season also went really really well. I overthrew PSG and clinched the title with four games to spare. I retained the Coupe de France, but lost in the semifinals of the Coupe de la Ligue and went out of the Champions League in the first KO round, to the hands of Atletico Madrid. The league ended like thisa:

Ligue 1 Conforama_ Overview Stages-2.png

Olympique de Marseille_  Transfer History.png

The third seasons is only a few friendlies old, but I have made some signings. They look like this:

Olympique de Marseille_  Transfer History-2.png

On 13/02/2019 at 20:27, Gungner said:

salut gungner c'est quoi ta tactique pour l'om en 433 merci

So, just about to start my third season with this amazing team.

First season went really well, with us taking 2nd place in the league, winning both domestic cups and getting knocked out in the semi-finals of the Europa League to Villarreal. The league ended like his:

Ligue 1 Conforama_ Overview Stages.png

Olympique de Marseille_  Transfer History-3.png

The second season also went really really well. I overthrew PSG and clinched the title with four games to spare. I retained the Coupe de France, but lost in the semifinals of the Coupe de la Ligue and went out of the Champions League in the first KO round, to the hands of Atletico Madrid. The league ended like thisa:

Ligue 1 Conforama_ Overview Stages-2.png

The third seasons is only a few friendlies old, but I have made some signings. They look like this:

Olympique de Marseille_  Transfer History-2.png

Third season done and in the books. The titles was retained and that was good and everything. Both national cups were won, as were the Supercup. So we were dominating nationally. Sadly, we need to improve in Europe, as the first KO round once again proved too much, this time Juventus sent us home with 3-4 over two games. The league table ended up like this:

Ligue 1 Conforama_ Sæson 3 slutstilling.png

The transfer-window ended up like this:

Heading into the fourth season, we've lost five huge players in Mandanda, Payet, Rami and Fabregas (all retired) and Luiz Gustavo (wanted a new challenge). And while that's a huge hit, I'm positive we'll make it without them, as I've got more than capable guys to do so.

Glad to see you guys are having success with the team !

I can't wait to start over with the winter update to get a proper striker day 1 as Balotelli joined us in January this year :D

I'm sure that will make a HUGE difference from the original starting squad

1 hour ago, nico_france said:

Glad to see you guys are having success with the team !

I can't wait to start over with the winter update to get a proper striker day 1 as Balotelli joined us in January this year :D

I'm sure that will make a HUGE difference from the original starting squad

Yeah, the goals pretty much came from my midfield and defence all  first season, but both Mitroglu and Germain  chipped in here and there. Almost a miracle that I finished second :p . And as you can see, I opted to sign Balotelli on a free and he's been my topscorer for the two seasons he's been with us, last year only one goal shy of being league topscorer. Lincoln has also developed into a fantastic striker, and is more than capable when Balotelli is injured or suspended. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well, i guess Balotelli is now adopted by the fans :D

image.thumb.png.91c96f65b35f3dbf4e75f3486c695d7a.png

Completely unexpected tbh

The 4-2-4 is suiting the team pretty well with the latest update, as it is IRL now since Balotelli has joined us :)

Archived